User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 295

  1. #171
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default


  2. #172
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    My gf got me this as a joke for my birthday, but it works great!




    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

  3. #173
    Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx
    Posts
    2,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    @DiscoBiscuit are you trying to derail our fear based discussion of guns into one of reason?!?! *nods approvingly*
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #174
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    There was no war in the concentration camps, but I would hardly call what the Jews experienced there peace.

    You never answered my question about whether it would have been better to appease Hitler in order to avoid World War II. Perhaps you think the world would have been a better place had the Nazis taken over. After all, no one makes war under a dictatorship.
    Dear Coriolis, once you bring the Nazis into your argument, you have lost the argument.

    I understand you have been trained in the arts of war, so it is too much to expect you to embrace the arts of peace, such as, as liberal democracy, the limitation of power, and civilian life without the threat and use of guns.

  5. #175
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    The purpose of this thread is trolling and the promotion of the gun culture of the USA.

    Yes, the purpose of this thread is to support USA gun manufacturers, the National Rifle Association of the USA, USA gun pornography, and USA paranoia.

    And although USA gun culure is criminal in Australia and other civilized countries, the moderators support this thread although it leads to continuing and predictable gun masscres in the USA, to paranoia and intimidation in the USA.

    Indeed the President of the USA himself is opposed to gun culture, as are all civilized Americans.

  6. #176
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    When I was in the military, I was given a gun to protect the country's interests. I don't see why I cannot own a gun as a civilian to protect myself.
    Any politician that wants to ban guns should lead by example, and ban his bodyguards from carrying guns.

    As far as I see it, there are two types of people who want to ban guns - those under the deluded belief that the government will always be there to protect them, and those who are too afraid of handling a weapon and think that since they can't do it, nobody else should.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.
    Likes SpankyMcFly, Cloudpatrol liked this post

  7. #177
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Dear Coriolis, once you bring the Nazis into your argument, you have lost the argument.

    I understand you have been trained in the arts of war, so it is too much to expect you to embrace the arts of peace, such as, as liberal democracy, the limitation of power, and civilian life without the threat and use of guns.
    Once you refuse to engage with facts and evidence, you have given up the argument. Nazis were real, and the world's experiences with them provide a wealth of examples of human behavior, good and bad. You might be surprised to know the ways in which I have also "trained for" and espouse liberal democracy, responsible government, etc. More assumptions about someone you don't know very well at all.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  8. #178
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Once you refuse to engage with facts and evidence, you have given up the argument. Nazis were real, and the world's experiences with them provide a wealth of examples of human behavior, good and bad. You might be surprised to know the ways in which I have also "trained for" and espouse liberal democracy, responsible government, etc. More assumptions about someone you don't know very well at all.
    Let's not leave it at assumptions -

    Where have you been trained to kill with a gun?

    Where have you learnt liberal democracy is based on the limitation of power?

    And where have you learnt the limitation of power maximises freedom and equality?

  9. #179
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Let's not leave it at assumptions -

    Where have you been trained to kill with a gun?

    Where have you learnt liberal democracy is based on the limitation of power?

    And where have you learnt the limitation of power maximises freedom and equality?
    You are missing the point. This discussion is not about us as individuals. One can come to the same conclusions from vastly different backgrounds of training and experience, so those specific details are mostly irrelevant. It doesn't matter how I came to hold a particular opinion. You should be able to present your case without making assumptions about the facts of someone's life, but that requires you actually to engage with the content they have presented.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

  10. #180
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    The first rule of psychology is do no damage, but the USA gun culture is psychologically damaged and psychologically damaging.

    And on a site devoted to psychology, we cannot claim ignorance.

    Yet the USA gun culture is psychologically damaging democratic countries that have criminalised USA gun culture.

    And surprisingly USA gun culture damages the psyches of democratic countries with a sense of righteousness.

    Why is this?

    This is because USA gun culture is a religion and those carrying out the imperatives of this religion believe they are doing the right thing and so feel righteous.

    Just as the Jihadi feel righteous carrying out the imperative of their religion, so USA gun culture feels righteous carring out the imperatives of their religion.

    But in both cases, Jihad and USA gun culture are damaging, to the body and to the psyche.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 11:20 PM
  2. Women's equality: demanding equal rights without offering equal behavior since 1872
    By netzealot in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 01:03 PM
  3. Te and Fe are always 'right'
    By PeaceBaby in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 06:26 AM
  4. The "Guns Are Evil" vs. "Guns Are Good" Thread
    By Oberon in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 526
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
  5. The "Guns Are Evil" vs. Thread
    By Oberon in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 10:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO