User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    the U.S. 2nd amendment for everyone
    This makes the hegemony of the USA explicit.

Also the actions of the USA show that the USA talks democracy but practises control.

The intellectual problem for the gun culture is that guns are a national and international problem not a personal problem.

But if we are raised in a narcissistic culture naturally we will see guns as a personal problem.

This is tragic at one level and comic at another.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    This makes the hegemony of the USA explicit.
    The fact that the U.S. is the only super power, and has been for awhile (old news really) is what makes U.S. hegemony explicit. This is not the case though as it pertains to "Guns ARE Equal Rights" and right to bear arms specifically. As you yourself have pointed out on many an occasion, the U.S. should be like the vast majority of other nations that have adopted weapon restrictions/bans on fire arms. This is hardly hegemony http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemony within the context of right to bear arms .

Also the actions of the USA show that the USA talks democracy but practises control.

The intellectual problem for the gun culture is that guns are a national and international problem not a personal problem.

But if we are raised in a narcissistic culture naturally we will see guns as a personal problem.
    Do you have examples of this? An analogy? Some evidence sure would go a long way too. I am assuming? (correct me if I'm wrong) you are constantly posting in this thread to "influence" people and whatnot. Get on that! Come back with a better argument.

I don't think you quite understand. It is not a matter of evidence and changing your mind, it is a matter of values and changing your heart.
    Assuming the above is true. You sure go about changing "hearts" oddly. A suggestion, leave your anti-Americanism at home. Antagonizing/annoying etc. the listener "tends" to make them ignore you. Hardly the best way to their heart.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Absolutely.

& Absolutely off-topic.
    "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers" ~ Nick Cave

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by meowington View Post
    I like statistics and reason.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by meowington View Post
    For every "good samaritan saves the day thanks to his gun" story there are 10 with no happy end.
    Do you have any statistics to back this up? I find it odd and a bit funny that these 2 statements came from the same post.

Here is an article that discusses Defensive Gun Use (DGU) from Bloomberg Businessweek How Often Do We Use Guns in Self-Defense? - Businessweek

This is a "balanced" article on the subject because the writer compares two sides of the gun control spectrum and their statistics.

The NRA, their stats: 2,000,000 DGU's per year The Armed Citizen® Blog - American Rifleman

David Hemenway, an eminent public-health scholar at Harvard University. Hemenway, analogizes gun violence to an epidemic and guns to the contagion: 100,000 DGU's per year
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You do understand propaganda. So you show us a picture of UN soldiers with guns while we are talking about civilians with guns.
    Is this better?

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Agreed.

Do you have any statistics to back this up? I find it odd and a bit funny that these 2 statements came from the same post.

Here is an article that discusses Defensive Gun Use (DGU) from Bloomberg Businessweek How Often Do We Use Guns in Self-Defense? - Businessweek

This is a "balanced" article on the subject because the writer compares two sides of the gun control spectrum and their statistics.

The NRA, their stats: 2,000,000 DGU's per year The Armed Citizen[emoji768] Blog - American Rifleman

David Hemenway, an eminent public-health scholar at Harvard University. Hemenway, analogizes gun violence to an epidemic and guns to the contagion: 100,000 DGU's per year
    How bout crime of passion murders with quick gun access? I'm not home, but I'm positive there are statistics on this.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

leave your anti-Americanism at home.
    What of course you don't know is that we get our anti-Americanism from America.

What could be more American than anti-American?

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Is this better?

Looks like a proud picture of a re-enactment of your disasterous Civil War. Americans have been killing Americans since 1776 but perhaps your Civil War killed more Americans than any other event. And the killing of Americans continues under the gun culture which you wish to export to the world.

It's becoming plain Typology Central is not interested in psychology but rather interested in promoting American values globally.

Resistance is futile Mr. Mole, you AND Australia will be assimilated.
    What is amazing is that we haven't been assimilated already. After all your influence here is second to none across a wide range of fields. And your excellent propaganda with its high productions values is omni present.

So we wonder about our resistance. Is it due to distance, after all we are a long, long way away in other hemisphere. I think we have a secret weapon that is invisible. It is because you are a culture of the eye, while we are a culture of the ear.

And being a culture of the eye, you try to see us, but we are invisible to you. And we are invisible to you because you can't hear us.