User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Imagine the topic was not guns but child rape. And you told me I could have a more pleasant experience with less stress by not posting.

If I followed your advice we would not be having a Royal Commission into Child Abuse as I write.

And the results of guns are even worse than child abuse, because so far we have found no child murdered but on a regular and predictable basis we find Americans are masscred by guns.

So to suggest I not post is an immoral suggestion.
    Mole, you probably don't live in an environment where there is much violence. Neither do I. That is great, but it is to do with the quality of the people themselves, not that we have high regulation of firearms.

You could have civilian access to every military gun but if the population was law abiding, the rate of crime would not be affected. People who want to commit violent crime will use whatever means are at their disposal. The answer to reducing violent crime is the removal of the criminal people. That is why the crime rate, while still much higher than it was 50 years ago, is constantly going down. Offenders are getting locked up in prisons at a higher rate than new ones are appearing.

The way to stop mass shootings is to improve mental health services and remove the stigma associated with being depressed. The destructive policies which are leading to community breakup must also be reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    The answer to reducing violent crime is the removal of the criminal people.
    The USA has more citizens in jail than any other country in the world yet the gun massacres continue, and continue, and continue predictably in the USA.

It's guns. It's USA gun culture. It is USA gun manufacturers. And it is the USA National Rifle Association. And it is sites like Typology Central that support USA gun culture, support the USA gun manufacturers, and support the USA National rifle Association.

Typology Central supports a gun culture that is criminal in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    But the topic isn't child rape. Different situations require different responses.
    The comparison between institutional child rape and institutional gun culture is instructive.

The first psychological defence in both cases is denial.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Death is equal rights.
    So are taxes
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

The USA has more citizens in jail than any other country in the world yet the gun massacres continue, and continue, and continue predictably in the USA.

It's guns. It's USA gun culture. It is USA gun manufacturers. And it is the USA National Rifle Association. And it is sites like Typology Central that support USA gun culture, support the USA gun manufacturers, and support the USA National rifle Association.

Typology Central supports a gun culture that is criminal in Australia.
    You're making a mountain out of a "mole" hill.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Was just reading a review of a local English Pub and saw this:

Located in an entertainment district, which can be rowdy at times. Upon leaving one time, my friend and I were approached by someone who attempted to rob us. Unfortunately for him, the bar isn't actually located in England, where the populace is unarmed. He went to jail after his failed attempt.
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Heh.
    Would you still laugh if he went to the grave instead?

I would be hesitant to cheer a guy who brings a gun into an English pub located in a rowdy district.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Would you still laugh if he went to the grave instead?
    That's a stupid question.

I would be hesitant to cheer a guy who brings a gun into an English pub located in a rowdy district.
    The district is rowdy. Not the pub. I don't generally think it's a good idea to bring a gun to a bar, but this place is a little more high-end and generally quiet. I don't feel the clientele would be a threat to me without a gun so I certainly don't think they'd be a threat to me with a gun.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The comparison between institutional child rape and institutional gun culture is instructive.

The first psychological defence in both cases is denial.
    The comparison is misleading. Despite their occasional misuse, guns have many legitimate and worthwhile uses. Child rape has none.

Baseless comparisons show up in one's offense when one does not have a sound and supportable argument.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

I would like to see gun threads banned as their main purpose on Typology Central is trolling.
    I would like to see you banned for similar reasons.

However, neither of us will or should get what we want, because our only argument is bruised personal sensibilities.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari