User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    They turned chicken nuggets into a conspiracy...Otherwise, I enjoy conspiracy theories.
    But.....everyone knows chicken nuggets were created by the dark sorcerers behind the capitalistic veil, fattening us up with ground up chicken feet and rat tails, so health insurance corporations can pick our pockets when we're too fat to reach them.

My experience of Libertarians is from family members at thanksgiving and this asshole:

Yes, he's asserting his rights, and that part is kind of cool, but he's freaking people out, and wasting city resources.

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    Now you come back here and apologize to me for trying to invalidate my experience. I was there. And I shook hands with Ron Paul once. You just think you're the most Libertarian Libertarian out there, don't you? I am the most Libertarian Libertarian.
    Lol. Perfect.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    But.....everyone knows chicken nuggets were created by the dark sorcerers behind the capitalistic veil, fattening us up with ground up chicken feet and rat tails, so health insurance corporations can pick our pockets when we're too fat to reach them.

My experience of Libertarians is from family members at thanksgiving and this asshole:

Yes, he's asserting his rights, and that part is kind of cool, but he's freaking people out, and wasting city resources.

LOL I only got through 43 seconds. Look at that asshole. Another one that makes us look stupid and crazy, and he's got the flag and the Ron Paul sign. LOL

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Lol. Perfect.
    I touched your savior's hand, and stole some of his power.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

That's not his fault that people have been conditioned to fear weapons within the modern police state.
    Citizens exercising their constitutionally guaranteed rights aren't responsible for the reaction of those too selfish to exercise their rights & too ignorant be aware of the law.

NH: Keene police vs. topless hottie - 1/3 - YouTube

Cop cusses out open carry exhibitionist (Hooksett, New Hamps - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    That's not his fault that people have been conditioned to fear weapons within the modern police state.
    Citizens exercising their constitutionally guaranteed rights aren't responsible for the reaction of those too selfish to exercise their rights & too ignorant be aware of the law.
    Mostly this.

At the same time carrying long-guns around in public at this point is more harmful to gun rights than helpful. Strategically and PR-wise, it's a mistake.

Anyway, anyone want to take a guess as to whether libertarians or cops shoot more innocent people???

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Mostly this.

At the same time carrying long-guns around in public at this point is more harmful to gun rights than helpful. Strategically and PR-wise, it's a mistake.

Anyway, anyone want to take a guess as to whether libertarians or cops shoot more innocent people???
    That may depend upon one's opinion of a libertarian. I'd support activists attempting to educate LEOs that we're not responsible for others panic, that we're law abiding citizens well aware of the law & testing the response/knowledge of responding LEOs. I'm aware that LEOs are anxious & pumped up while responding to a call of somebody with a "gun".
    I don't dislike LEOs, just want to see that they're knowledgeable regarding the law & the rights of citizens.
    OTOH I don't like criminals one bit. I especially despise those criminals attempting to hide behind groups such as Libertarians.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post

Yeah, ya know, Westboro baptist church exercised their constitutional rights too.

If I saw someone strolling through the neighborhood with a thigh rig pistol and an AR-15 slung over their shoulder, I'd probably call the cops. If I was in a position where I could duck in cover in case the guy was psycho, I might ask what he's doing first.

Ya know, in a country full of mass shootings, hard to imagine why anyone would be so selfish as to be concerned about a strange man carrying a weapon that Military forces use to kill people with.

And this is coming from someone that has fired many an assault rifle, all kinds of guns, I own several, and have my CHCL.

On one side of the coin, I DO appreciate these guys for knowing their rights so well, but on another, it's a dick move.

And I've seen several videos like this, I still don't think it's good form to carry around assault rifles, maybe if you alerted the police that you were doing a demonstration, maybe, but some guys are very respectful towards the cops while maintaining their position, and some are just straight up dickheads "Assholes! Cops are Scum!"

I've also seen cops that were very respectful, but still tried to stress that dozens of citizens are flooding the dispatchers, freaking people out, wasting cops time. And NO, it's not all from people that are anti-gun and "ignorant." Who the fuck knows what intentions a strange man, walking through my neighborhood, with enough firepower to kill dozens or more people has.

MBTI
    INTP

On one side of the coin, I DO appreciate these guys for knowing their rights so well, but on another, it's a dick move.
    The NRA seems to agree with you (so do I):

"Now we love AR-15s and AKs as much as anybody, and we know that these sorts of semiautomatic carbines are among the most popular, fastest selling firearms in America today. Texas, independent-minded and liberty-loving place that it is, doesn't ban the carrying of loaded long guns in public, nor does it require a permit for this activity. Yet some so-called firearm advocates seem determined to change this.

Recently, demonstrators have been showing up in various public places, including coffee shops and fast food restaurants, openly toting a variety of tactical long guns. Unlicensed open carry of handguns is legal in about half the U.S. states, and it is relatively common and uncontroversial in some places.

Yet while unlicensed open carry of long guns is also typically legal in most places, it is a rare sight to see someone sidle up next to you in line for lunch with a 7.62 rifle slung across his chest, much less a whole gaggle of folks descending on the same public venue with similar arms.

Let's not mince words, not only is it rare, it's downright weird and certainly not a practical way to go normally about your business while being prepared to defend yourself. To those who are not acquainted with the dubious practice of using public displays of firearms as a means to draw attention to oneself or one's cause, it can be downright scary. It makes folks who might normally be perfectly open-minded about firearms feel uncomfortable and question the motives of pro-gun advocates.

As a result of these hijinx, two popular fast food outlets have recently requested patrons to keep guns off the premises (more information can be found here and here). In other words, the freedom and goodwill these businesses had previously extended to gun owners has been curtailed because of the actions of an attention-hungry few who thought only of themselves and not of those who might be affected by their behavior. To state the obvious, that's counterproductive for the gun owning community.

More to the point, it's just not neighborly, which is out of character for the big-hearted residents of Texas. Using guns merely to draw attention to yourself in public not only defies common sense, it shows a lack of consideration and manners. That's not the Texas way. And that's certainly not the NRA way."

NRA-ILA | Good Citizens and Good Neighbors The Gun Owners Role

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    The NRA seems to agree with you (so do I):

(your article)

NRA-ILA | Good Citizens and Good Neighbors The Gun Owners Role
    Haha, nice. Some other quotes by the NRA and some commenters:

The NRA said the demonstrations have “crossed the line from enthusiasm to downright foolishness.”

"Wow, you know the pro-gun folks are going to far when the NRA starts distancing themselves from them."