User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe rape culture exists?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    47 72.31%
  • No

    18 27.69%
First 456781656 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 567

  1. #51
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    Honestly I couldn't tell you. In real situations I get vibes I could dissect if prompted to, many stemming from the ways men carry themselves (as well as their interactions with partners, though at that point it's too late).
    I get vibes from men as well as women as to their potential for violence and deceit, it somehow manifests itself in their body language, posture and mimics.

    I think as an introverted man living in a Se-dominant culture, I have some understanding of how women in such cultures might be feeling.

    Men of violent nature in such cultures try to physically harass men and sexually harass women whereas women of violent nature try to intimidate members of their own sex and use their sexuality to manipulate men into doing their bidding.

    So such people from both genders try to use their strong traits to their advantage to have their way in life.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    How does your poll define the term, @Ginkgo?

  3. #53
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Take an example culture and substract the ability to visit hookers for males. That will get out of control fast. Humans are animals.

    The blame for this is coded into both sides. Females tend to look for the alpha male, leaving all betas and omegas behind. That produces a grave imbalance for the pair building possibilities. The alpha male on the other hand is looking to spread his fruit onto as many woman as possible. So you have in the sum of all things a huge amount of males, who are out of the game all along.

    The problem is, the sexual drive with this men is unmatched as well. I wouldnt wonder if rape was daily business in Africa and most woman silently tolerate it.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #54
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Take an example culture and substract the ability to visit hookers for males. That will get out of control fast. Humans are animals.

    The blame for this is coded into both sides. Females tend to look for the alpha male, leaving all betas and omegas behind. That produces a grave imbalance for the pair building possibilities. The alpha male on the other hand is looking to spread his fruit onto as many woman as possible. So you have in the sum of all things a huge amount of males, who are out of the game all along.

    The problem is, the sexual drive with this men is unmatched as well. I wouldnt wonder if rape was daily business in Africa and most woman silently tolerate it.
    Perhaps that's the reason marriage as an institution was founded.

  5. #55
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Perhaps that's the reason marriage as an institution was founded.
    No. Humans need to team up to groups to form stronger bonds to master the excercise that is life. Its alongside the instinctual drive another instinctual drive. Both are inherently counterparts but they are what defines intelligence, the ability to behave the one or the exact other way.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #56
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    There are strong indications of it in pornography, and I personally know a great many women who have been raped and/or molested. It's a common problem surrounding my life in the u.s.

    Women I know who have been sexually assaulted through incest, drugs, stalking, violence, gang raping, etc include all my immediate female family members, and half or more if my friends. Also I've seen violent and humiliation based pornography that apparently men are jacking off to.

    To reassure the younger guys who get really angry about this topic: just because it's a rape culture doesn't mean women will assume the worst of you, especially if you demonstrate a desire to be on their side and validate instead if dismiss. It personally makes me love and appreciate the good guys even more.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  7. #57
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    There are strong indications of it in pornography, and I personally know a great many women who have been raped and/or molested. It's a common problem surrounding my life in the u.s.

    Women I know who have been sexually assaulted through incest, drugs, stalking, violence, gang raping, etc include all my immediate female family members, and half or more if my friends. Also I've seen violent and humiliation based pornography that apparently men are jacking off to.

    To reassure the younger guys who get really angry about this topic: just because it's a rape culture doesn't mean women will assume the worst of you, especially if you demonstrate a desire to be on their side and validate instead if dismiss. It personally makes me love and appreciate the good guys even more.
    Fia, sorry but this sounded like you'd automatically assume the worst about men who didn't side with you on this cause.

    There's no side. There's just reality and we are all a part of it.

    I hate this us against them, Women against men camp formation and stereotyping and hatred based on association.

  8. #58
    Senior Member Eluded_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Some of us are lead to believe that where there are places in this world with better rights for women, rape culture is less frequent or non-existent. This is bullshit. Rape culture is everywhere.

    As long as there is media brainwashing such as music videos to objectify women, there will always be some broad acceptance that it's OK to behave or dress this way because it's great to feel important and sexy. I'm not telling women to dress up as nuns. After all, nuns can be just as provocative in their own mannerism. The imagination is the strongest aphrodisiac.

    What I'm saying is, there is this blurry line between what a person wants and how they go about with social expectations. Which may eventually lead to unwanted obligation.

    The biggest problem is, we are taught it's usually "un-sexy" not to give mixed signals. Most of the time, you reap what you sow. The other times, you can just blame society.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

  9. #59
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    In the spoiler, there are some words. I don't want to get into that. I don't want to participate. It was just my first gut reaction. I am now unsubscribing from the thread.
    Enjoy it.

    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  10. #60
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Especially as a female traveler, this thread just made me hate all men. Great job, guys.

    Just one more way for me to be degraded and objectified, as if I hadn't had enough of that over the last half decade.

Similar Threads

  1. Do You Believe Hair Culture Exists?
    By Grand Admiral Crunch in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 10:48 AM
  2. How much do you believe you are an ther type?
    By Lexlike in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 04:51 PM
  3. What ideas do you believe are innate?
    By Kiddo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 09:26 AM
  4. Do you believe in natural rights?
    By Kiddo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 01:27 PM
  5. Do you believe in a higher power?
    By ygolo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 08:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO