User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe rape culture exists?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 72.31%
  • No

18 27.69%
First 22303132333442 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    For the record, the perspective is that things are even worse in other parts of the world. There's bad, and then there's ungodly awful.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Dammit yeghor you are getting on my nerves. Disco Cracker is an ENTJ with aspiring Se, which is why he comes on the internet pretending to be James Bond. In truth, he's more like a yuppie than a party animal as far as I can tell, a good ol boy to the teeth. I grew up with men like him in the South. It has nothing to do with partying.

My ESFP was smacking me on various body parts last time we were together, because sometimes I like it rough but when I said stop hitting me, he did, even in the middle of sex. Like right away he stopped. He also kisses me when I ask to and works to get me off. The first time we were together he asked me if he could touch me. He can be rough, visceral, nasty and dominant, but I can't see him raping anyone other than a bad man who raped one of his loved ones, because he understands rape as an act of violence rather than sex.
    Sorry, I've noticed that I have that effect on ESxPs.

Don't know if INTJ type can be associated with rape. I've read somewhere (perhaps in the thread) that rape is more about feeling power than sexuality. It must have something to do with feeling inferior as a male\female and trying to balance it with such an act. Some people act such desires thru BDSM practices with willing partners. I think it is a way to deal with overwhelming fears and suppressed desires.

Hall's own work delineates four major types of rapist.

Type 1 is influenced by deviant sexual arousal, which occurs when he has thoughts of violence against women. This type is likely to be extremely impulsive. (This can be an unhealthy Ne or Se-dominant type)

Type 2 is motivated by cognitive distortions, or thinking errors; he mistakenly interprets events or information differently than other men would. He believes that some women enjoy being raped, or want to be raped. For this type, rape is part of a conquest, a way of demonstrating masculinity. Most date rapists are Type 2s. (Don't know, some type obsessed with conquest and power, unhealthy ExTJs?)

Type 3, says Hall, is motivated by anger or emotional discontrol. These men are so angry, especially at women, that the only way for them to deal with their anger is to act out sexually toward women. Not surprisingly, this type is the most violent and most dangerous.
    (Probably an unhealthy ExFP type, due to emotional dysregulation)

Type 4 is the repeat offender. He is most likely to have been physically or sexually abused as a child. He has difficulty establishing enduring relationships, and a history of chronic problems in schools or in his family. Type 4 men break a variety of rules, both sexual and nonsexual. (An antisocial type, Probably an unhealthy Fe-inferior type)
    The thing is introverted types can act like their extraverted mirror images (their shadow type) from time to time so if there's some kind of imbalance in the individual's personality that triggers him\her to shift back and forth between normal and shadow self, anyone could commit such acts including IxxJs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Sorry, I've noticed that I have that effect on ESxPs.

Don't know if INTJ type can be associated with rape. I've read somewhere (perhaps in the thread) that rape is more about feeling power than sexuality. It must have something to do with feeling inferior as a male\female and trying to balance it with such an act. Some people act such desires thru BDSM practices with willing partners. I think it is a way to deal with overwhelming fears and suppressed desires.

The thing is introverted types can act like their extraverted mirror images (their shadow type) from time to time so if there's some kind of imbalance in the individual's personality that triggers him\her to shift back and forth between normal and shadow self, anyone could commit such acts including IxxJs.
    Rape is about violence and power. There are different kinds of people who commit sexual assault. Se is a form of intelligence, it shouldn't be confused with animal instinct. While Se may vie for power or appreciate the visceral, it doesn't mean Se types are a bunch of rapey retards. If anything, an intelligent Se type might be better at creating outlets for themselves than an extremely repressed INxJ, letting out violence in creative or other physical ways.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I also start giving intense gazes to women around that I like.
    Don't most males kind of do that all the time?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Don't most males kind of do that all the time?
    It's not something I've ever found myself doing, although I could be asexual.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Ginkgo

How the rape culture gets defined will depend on subculture and socio-economic strata. For example, when I walked alone in Pacoima, a Latino man walked up and grabbed me between my legs from behind about 200 ft from a grocery store just after sundown. I started screaming and throwing a fit and he turned and ran. About a week prior, some young men in a car had warned me not to walk alone in that neighborhood (though I have been safe in other parts of Los Angeles) and in addition to this, my ..um...on again off again lover is Latino by heritage, and attempted to convince me to carry a knife, and informed me he would anally rape any man who raped me. Clearly rape culture is alive and well among working class Latino Americans.

Understanding the Perpetrator | Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center

Male Sex Role Socialization:

When men are taught to be dominant and aggressive, this often leads to hyper-masculinity, male peer support for sexual aggression, development of rape myths, and adversarial sexual beliefs (Kilmartin, 2000; Rozee & Koss, 2001). In his classic study of college date rapists, Kanin’s sample (Kanin, 1985) were significantly more sexually active, but also more sexually frustrated than controls, and believed that rape could be justified under certain conditions.
    • Alcohol abuse has been identified as a strong correlate of college rape (Abby, 1991; Abby et al., 1996; Frintner & Rubinson, 1993; Koss & Gaines, 1993; Muehlenhard & Linton, 1987; Norris & Cubbins, 1992; Prentky & Knight, 1991; Presley et al., 1998).
    • The relationship between alcohol and rape is multifaceted, and alcohol may be both a precipitant of and an excuse for sexually aggressive behavior by men (Abbey et al., 2001; Berkowitz, 1992; Larimer et al., 1999; Richardson & Hammock, 1991).
    • Men who have committed sexual assault also frequently report getting their female companion drunk as a way of making it easier to talk or force her into having sex. (Abbey, McAuslan, & Ross, 1998).
    • Alcohol was a factor in 61% of Kanin’s sample of college date rapists, and 76% of his sample admitted to attempts to intoxicate a female date (Kanin, 1985).
    • Muehlenhard and Linton (1987) found that 55% of men in their survey who acknowledged rape on a date were under the influence of alcohol. Similarly, Ouimette (1997) interviewed 47 sexually aggressive college men and reported that 53% were abusing and 30% were dependent upon alcohol or drugs respectively.
    • In a study on male sexual coercion, 23% of college men admitted to getting a date drunk or stoned to engage in sexual intercourse, and 23% of women reported a date getting them drunk or stoned and engaging in unwanted sex (Tyler, et al., 1998).
    • Alcohol can be a disinhibitor and increase sexual impulsivity, as well as lower women’s detection of risk and impair their ability to resist assault (Abbey, 1991).
    • Koss and Gaines (1993) concluded from their study that alcohol might be the intervening variable in high rates of fraternity and athletic team rape.
    There is no “typical profile” of a rapist. Many defense attorneys will talk about whether their client, the alleged assailant, either fits the profile of a rapist or doesn’t. This is an invalid argument because there is no typical profile of a rapist. This is why it is good to focus on that person’s behavior instead of who they are in their community (Maas, 2007).

Example: Ted Bundy was an A student, volunteered for his university’s suicide prevention center, and was active in the church. Does this sound like someone who would ‘fit the profile’ of a violent person?

Personality Characteristics:

Various personality profiles of self-reported college rapists have been reported and include the following:
    • lack of empathy
    • hostile masculinity
    • macho/aggressive and dominant and controlling personalities
    • impulsivity
    • emotional constriction
    • underlying anger and power issues with women

(Berkowitz, 1992; Check et al., 1985; Lisak & Roth, 1990; Mehrabian & Epstein, 1972; Rapaport and Burkhart, 1984).

A recent newspaper story in my country:

A university professor stabs in the throat and murders an associate professor in the same department. It turns out the professor was having an affair with the department secretary (who is already married) and after some time, the secretary drifted away from him and started having an affair with the associate professor in the same department.

Professor argues with the ass.professor over this and in the heat of the quarrel stabs him to death. He then calls the secretary to a hotel to meet up and demands her to give back some 80000 $ amount of money back to him (which he had given to the secretary in the course of his affair with her) so that he can go underground and avoid authorities.

What do you make of all this in terms of rape culture?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

A recent newspaper story in my country:

A university professor stabs in the throat and murders an associate professor in the same department. It turns out the professor was having an affair with the department secretary (who is already married) and after some time, the secretary drifted away from him and started having an affair with the associate professor in the same department.

Professor argues with the ass.professor over this and in the heat of the quarrel stabs him to death. He then calls the secretary to a hotel to meet up and demands her to give back some 80000 $ amount of money back to him (which he had given to the secretary in the course of his affair with her) so that he can go underground and avoid authorities.

What do you make of all this in terms of rape culture?
    Given the information, I don't think we can really say anything about it other than it's just fucked up and the individual who did this did something really horrible (news link to the story would help). Seems like a non sequitur for the topic at hand though.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

So you are claiming rapists are Betas denied hookers?

Can I help you straighten your fedora?
    No, not all; there are also a lot of psychopath alphas. The problem is, if you look around who is visiting hookers regulary, its almost men, who havent had a relation in a long time or who grew bored of their relationship.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]