User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe rape culture exists?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 72.31%
  • No

18 27.69%
First 21293031323341 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by solipsists View Post
    I think the "we should teach men not to rape, rather than women not to be raped" argument is idealistic, no matter how ugly that truth is. I agree with the sentiment, but I have also warned female friends about behavioral patterns I foresaw as dangerous. I'm fairly sure I was right.

I think it's important to meet the problem where it is and practice prevention while we slowly change the populous's mindset. A friend of mine has devoted recent years to studying and sharing information about the sex industry (largely that participation is often non-consensual) and rape culture, which I applaud. I think signal-boosting ugly truths is a large part of the solution.
    It should be both. Men should be socialized to not rape, just like all people are socialized not to commit first degree murder.

Meanwhile, it's still not a good idea to let creepy people in your house, and teaching women to be assertive can help them fend off a lot of sexual assault, though not all.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Don't be a bitch.
    Actually "bitches" who walk assertively, aren't overly "nice" to strangers, who have some idea how to speak up and defend themselves are less likely to be victims. Of strangers, at least.

I spit on your grave, son.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Somewhat cuntish.
    Though you are right in certain cultures, artful submission can be used as a method of self defense. I tend to use it carefully with people who I think have abnormal senses of entitlement, which is commonly backed by a tendency towards domestic violence. Cuz he will show you whose boss round here.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Take an example culture and substract the ability to visit hookers for males. That will get out of control fast. Humans are animals.

The blame for this is coded into both sides. Females tend to look for the alpha male, leaving all betas and omegas behind. That produces a grave imbalance for the pair building possibilities. The alpha male on the other hand is looking to spread his fruit onto as many woman as possible. So you have in the sum of all things a huge amount of males, who are out of the game all along.

The problem is, the sexual drive with this men is unmatched as well. I wouldnt wonder if rape was daily business in Africa and most woman silently tolerate it.
    So you are claiming rapists are Betas denied hookers?

Can I help you straighten your fedora?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Um I don't know where you have been hanging out, but ASPD is more common than being a "psychopath" and who is to say narcissists and other personalities don't rape? You really think all rapists are like...Jason Vorhees???? My step dad was a rapist. Not a "psychopath." Bipolar with traits of sexual addiction.

I think negating rape culture while it still exists is dangerous to women. I don't think women should be blamed for rape, or men when they are victims (less often but still happens) but awareness of living in a rape culture can be imperative to a woman's safety, not victim blaming, but just common sense, like those guys telling me that it wasn't good to walk alone there.
    But psychopaths are over-represented in serial rapists, maybe at least up to half, and that's the trick, most psychopaths are not Jason Vorhees or the other distorted pop cultural stereotypes, they can be incredibly normalized, they are literally sheep in wolf's clothing. There are other personality disorders that could be a factor in causing a person to violate another person's rights, but psychopaths in particular are inherently predatory and views others as objects for their own self-gratification.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I've been on the receiving end of this kind of behaviour, in the physical coercion sense by male ESTPs and in the sexual coercion sense by a female ESxP. I think Se-doms have a habit of disregarding physical boundaries as well as not caring about the distress signals given by others. I think they see distress signals as a sign of submission and push on further rather than disengaging. It manifests itself in the ESxP type as lack of Fe or low Fe.

There are men that fit that overall women description you gave in the bolded though they do not represent a majority of the males. I, for instance, am having problems related to my lack of physical aggression and am also considering learning some kind of self defense technique.

Interesting. I've read some studies that mention women rating men high in testosterone (Se-doms?) higher during their ovulation period than during their non-ovulation period.

So I'd expect women to start noticing certain members of the male sex more for the purposes of copulation during their ovulation period. I don't have an SO at the moment so I cannot compare that but if I go a week without satisfying my libido, it goes into some kind of overdrive and I start noticing more (certain type of) women that I'd like to have sex with. I am usually a soft spoken person but I've noticed that some of those times my voice starts to get a lower pitch and becomes more gutteral.

I also start giving intense gazes to women around that I like. I was wondering if the same thing happens with women, not once a week perhaps but like a week per months or something.

I'd also welcome feedback about that intense (creepy?) gaze that men give to women. Is there any time at all it doesn't irritate women, like if the women is also horny at the same time and finds the guy attractive? Do women give that kind of gazes to men at all? Is it a kind of mating signal?
    Mmm you are talking about Socionics Se. I am a Socionics SEE and so is my part-time bf, and he has more SEE Se while I am SEE Fi...he once waltzed into my bedroom uninvited in the middle of the night way back when we first started hooking up, and I liked it. I could see another person viewing it as attempt at sexual assault, but maybe he just knew I would like it. Socionics Se is aggressive and competitive and sexually dominant, but I would be careful if I were you linking this behaviour to Jungian Se or rape.

I mean couldn't an INTJ be a rapist? Really?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    But psychopaths are over-represented in serial rapists, maybe at least up to half, and that's the trick, most psychopaths are not Jason Vorhees or the other distorted pop cultural stereotypes, they can be incredibly normalized, they are literally sheep in wolf's clothing. There are other personality disorders that could be a factor in causing a person to violate another person's rights, but psychopaths in particular are inherently predatory and views others as objects for their own self-gratification.
    No you are talking about sociopaths, and all rapists are not serial rapists who lurk in the bushes, that is such a distraction from the fact that many rapists don't look like rapists.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    It's normal you don't think objectification and harassment of women as well as men don't exist because you are an ESFP party animal.
    Dammit yeghor you are getting on my nerves. Disco Cracker is an ENTJ with aspiring Se, which is why he comes on the internet pretending to be James Bond. In truth, he's more like a yuppie than a party animal as far as I can tell, a good ol boy to the teeth. I grew up with men like him in the South. It has nothing to do with partying.

My ESFP was smacking me on various body parts last time we were together, because sometimes I like it rough but when I said stop hitting me, he did, even in the middle of sex. Like right away he stopped. He also kisses me when I ask to and works to get me off. The first time we were together he asked me if he could touch me. He can be rough, visceral, nasty and dominant, but I can't see him raping anyone other than a bad man who raped one of his loved ones, because he understands rape as an act of violence rather than sex.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    My ESFP was smacking me on various body parts last time we were together, because sometimes I like it rough but when I said stop hitting me, he did, even in the middle of sex. Like right away he stopped. He also kisses me when I ask to and works to get me off. The first time we were together he asked me if he could touch me. He can be rough, visceral, nasty and dominant, but I can't see him raping anyone other than a bad man who raped one of his loved ones, because he understands rape as an act of violence rather than sex.
    That's fucked up. You could see him as a vigilante rapist?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    That's fucked up. You could see him as a vigilante rapist?
    Yes because he told me he would rape anyone who raped me.

I think you miss the point entirely. He's very Se and even likes it a little bit rough, but he always stopped when asked, he initially asked permission before crossing any boundaries, and thinks at least of my sexual needs. Se isn't about rape. Yeghor seemed to imply there's some connection between SE DOM and sexual assault.

I doubt very seriously Rob Zombie is a rapist, for all of his bloody sexploitation flicks, Zombie is undoubtedly an Se dom.

Assault could be committed for any number of reasons. I am not sure why Se would corner the market.

Anyway, ESFP firmly understands rape as an act of violent terror, seeing as that he is neither homosexual nor bisexual. I find his firm grip on rape as violence rather than sexual refreshing.

And the vigilante in me approves of the vigilante in him. Who knows if he would really do it.