User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe rape culture exists?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 72.31%
  • No

18 27.69%
First 18262728293038 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Wow. I'm so glad I'm not the kind of girl that likes to go to parties, but basically that just states that women cannot go to parties and blow off steam in any way that men do (..usually the reason many people actually go to parties) coz if they get taken advantage of, they should've known better. Why bother even going to a party then, seriously.

Time to set up girls-only parties, I suppose, if you really wanna be able to blow off steam.

As for the going up to strangers...I kinda do that with any person I find interesting enough. Just to see what they're like. I have no problem initiating the actual first meet-up and helping the shy guy I find intriguing along. I usually hit them over the head about three times - then I move on, if I don't get a positive response back. It really aint that complicated
    Granted, this aint going to be easy for everyone - men or women. It depends on your personality and strengths.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Women can't know what it is like to have to go up and talk to complete strangers who, additionally, you are sexually attracted to (so you're thinking about that at the same time), and have all this pressure, and get turned down time after time. Next time you talk about male privilege, think about that.
    Get some game.

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Get some game.
    This happens to the best pick up artists. Nobody's perfect, it is just a matter of degree.

MBTI
    yupp

I reject people regardless of gender. I'm an equal oppuritunity rejector
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Equally, women feel they are entitled to attention from men without any reciprocation. Men are upset when we give women time and effort and get nothing back in return. It is not selfish to expect reciprocity.

Women can't know what it is like to have to go up and talk to complete strangers who, additionally, you are sexually attracted to (so you're thinking about that at the same time), and have all this pressure, and get turned down time after time. Next time you talk about male privilege, think about that.

FYI: Women don't owe you a goddamn thing. What you've described is pretty much the opposite of chivalry btw.

Do You Believe Rape Culture Exists?-screen-shot-2014-06-05-6-58-31-pm-jpg

Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 6.58.31 PM.jpg

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    FYI: Women don't owe you a goddamn thing. What you've described is pretty much the opposite of chivalry btw.

Do You Believe Rape Culture Exists?-screen-shot-2014-06-05-6-58-31-pm-jpg

Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 6.58.31 PM.jpg
    reminded me of this

Chris Rock - Want some dick? - YouTube

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

*it's really bugging me that you keep saying this person lives 2 houses away. The incident took place 2 blocks away. Just want to clarify that.

The hard facts are he made grossly inappropriate jokes towards you and you didn't communicate your offense at all.
    That's true, I didn't communicate offense. I reacted defensively instead of offensively in that moment. And what I hear you saying is that in doing so, I have betrayed the cause of helping women educate men to be better men. Is that right?

Yet instead of speaking to me with some sensitivity for my failure, you shame me by saying, if I spoke up, was more like you this wouldn't happen and furthermore, the world would be a better place.

Am I pissed you are pinning all of this on me? Yes. You make me regret speaking here at all.

You've invalidated me. You don't see it but you really have. I'm having a hard time separating out the sense of embarrassment for not speaking up for myself that your post conjures up, but you're basically telling me that this is what happens to a person when they initially appear friendly but they don't speak up the moment something registers badly. It's no different than telling a girl who passes out at a party that it's their fault a penis ended up in their vagina. I really wish you wouldn't use me as some sort of failed example in this thread.

But since you are, and I do see the points you are making at my expense (eta and I do agree they are worth making), I'm just going to stop here. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I appreciate your perspective.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

In California, a Democrat Assemblyman has proposed requiring signed agreements before any sexual act can take place at college campuses. This is an interesting solution to the pervasive rape culture on college campuses.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    In California, a Democrat Assemblyman has proposed requiring signed agreements before any sexual act can take place at college campuses. This is an interesting solution to the pervasive rape culture on college campuses.
    Sounds intriguing. Of course we have to consider there will be people trying to get around this, i.e. date rapists drugging their dates before forging the rapee's signature, but sure, let's at least try it.

Just as long as it doesn't get to Cherry 2000 levels of idiocy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Got a link to that?

That sounds like this uber creepy movie I saw Sleep Tight.
    here looked one up for you. i saw it on the news and haven't read this but it's the same case.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/man-f...o-prison-time/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison