User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe rape culture exists?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 72.31%
  • No

18 27.69%
First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it's just using a simple role reversal to illustrate the ridiculousness of it all.
    it's super interesting how affective it is.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    wanted to share this slightly on topic video

it's censored tho due to some topless girls and swear words.

it's about a role reversal between men and women...interesting...and quite sad i thought.

OPPRESSED MAJORITY (Majorit
    thanks for sharing that video. i've never been assaulted or anything like that, but the little comments, the way he felt about what he was wearing, i experience those things regularly. it's hard to see what subjugation or objectification look like sometimes because the acts themselves are so seemingly insignificant. but their impact is one of the most pervasive negative feelings i have known.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Yeah no.it's frightening. i was followed by car once by someone who gave me the distinct impression.that in his country he would've just taken what he wanted.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    thanks for sharing that video. i've never been assaulted or anything like that, but the little comments, the way he felt about what he was wearing, i experience those things regularly. it's hard to see what subjugation or objectification look like sometimes because the acts themselves are so seemingly insignificant. but their impact is one of the most pervasive negative feelings i have known.
    Nobody is making women wear anything though. It is just a reality that certain types of clothing will make you more imposing and attractive to the other sex.

Basic instinctive desires aren't going to change unless the social engineering our society is engaging in extended to genetics itself. I wouldn't put that past the liberal zealots who are determined to eradicate any differences between people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Nobody is making women wear anything though. It is just a reality that certain types of clothing will make you more imposing and attractive to the other sex.

Basic instinctive desires aren't going to change unless the social engineering our society is engaging in extended to genetics itself. I wouldn't put that past the liberal zealots who are determined to eradicate any differences between people.
    i don't wear revealing clothing. i used to be a little neurotic about showing my form in any way. i'm more comfortable wearing shorts now or wearing a fitted shirt, but really, the idea that if the outline of my body is distinguishable that i'm somehow dressing for sexual attention is really fucked up. i honestly spend a lot of time trying to hide my body with my clothes so i don't feel that way.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

As long as humans are around, there will always be an element of misogyny. It's the way it is and has been ever since Ug clubbed his first bride, and dragged her back to his cave.

Some places are worse than others.

I've known friends that were raped, even girlfriends. Little else on this earth makes my blood boil more. It's rough out there for ladeez.

Although this is pretty subjective, I cannot count the number of times I've been out in public, drinking or whatever, and seen creepy dudes grope a woman, verbally/physically abuse a woman, and have about 2 to 5 RANDOM men see this and either knock that guy out, or threaten an ass whooping if he doesn't leave (I include myself in this type of machismo).

Like I said, I know bad stuff goes on, I know it more than I ever wished, but the larger part of my experience has been that the majority of guys I know, even acquaintances, are stand-up guys, protectors of the fairer gender.

Then again, I'm a privileged white dude.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    As long as humans are around, there will always be an element of misogyny. It's the way it is and has been ever since Ug clubbed his first bride, and dragged her back to his cave.

Some places are worse than others.

I've known friends that were raped, even girlfriends. Little else on this earth makes my blood boil more. It's rough out there for ladeez.

Although this is pretty subjective, I cannot count the number of times I've been out in public, drinking or whatever, and seen creepy dudes grope a woman, verbally/physically abuse a woman, and have about 2 to 5 RANDOM men see this and either knock that guy out, or threaten an ass whooping if he doesn't leave (I include myself in this type of machismo).

Like I said, I know bad stuff goes on, I know it more than I ever wished, but the larger part of my experience has been that the majority of guys I know, even acquaintances, are stand-up guys, protectors of the fairer gender.

Then again, I'm a privileged white dude.
    Yeah my experience is that most guys are good like that.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

^ ditto.

reminds me of this quote i found recently. "it isn't about 'all men are menaces to women,' it's about 'all women have been menaced by men.'"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post

reminds me of this quote i found recently. "it isn't about 'all men are menaces to women,' it's about 'all women have been menaced by men.'"
    I agree, and I'm not trying to defend "All men are rapey!" They're not.

But yeah, there's rotten apples on every continent.

That's why, if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to start training her to be a deadly ninja with assassin skills if need be, at the age of 1 1/4, maybe 1 1/2.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My husband and I knew before we even got married that if we ever had daughters we would want them to learn a martial art. Sons too- but it was imperative for the daughters. His take was that boys tend to learn how to defend themselves along the way but it's not a part of girl culture so we would need to be more purposeful about it. Our daughter did take several years of Aikido and loved it, but got too busy for it the past couple of years with other lessons and things. She has been talking lately about taking it up again. I get the sense that as she approaches young adulthood (she's 14 now) and contemplates going to college, she's apprehensive about being taken advantage of. That makes me sad.