User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I agree English should be the primary language in the US, but I also think citizens should be strongly encouraged to learn a second language from an early age.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Hear, hear! DiscoBiscuit for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    One day.
    What a troubling thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I agree English should be the primary language in the US, but I also think citizens should be strongly encouraged to learn a second language from an early age.
    It's not so difficult. I was fed on American TV shows like The Simpsons and played English video games from when I was about 8 or 9. I learned a lot from that. I even remember playing The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, in which all the dialogue is written and you need to read your quest journal pretty carefully, with an English dictionary next to me. I think that made me pretty proficient in English. (Even tho I had to look up whether to say 'proficient in' or 'proficient with', lol.)
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Immigration is fine, but for it to happen peaceably there needs to be assimilation.
    Between increased immigration and the rise of the so called coalition of the ascendant baldly stating that they want to change the country in ways that specifically benefit themselves at the expense of those here and running the show before, there is obviously going to be some tension.

That's why I think the Democrats will have increasingly poor electoral showings among white folks generally (and white men especially).

The reason people feel like the country is being taken away from them is that to a certain extent it is (as the article clearly explains).

If the process was framed in less combative terms, and the new comers and uprisers were willing to play in increasing role than they have, as opposed to trying to change the country wholesale, then the camps would be much less likely to sort into an us and them dichotomy.
    Change comes slow or not at all. If it comes faster, the results are frequently darker and more messy.
    You make some excellent points about assimilation and the process of healthy change in a nation's demographics...particularly those bolded above. I am also of the mindset that establishing standards for language competency is important...though not sure that should be a part of citizenship, as some have suggested. I am in agreement U.S. citizens should learn other languages as Americans can be ethnocentric.

I think Political Correctness is a disease in the U.S. (and I think Portlandia points out how excessive it can be and it is so spot-on having lived in the dystopia of Portland, though it is pretty there, lol)...I had to grimace at the example given in the article of the mother using language from her era and being called racist for it, though obviously some words are clearly so derogatory and hurtful they should not be used.

Immigration is a pressing issue around the world and clearly needs to be addressed in a humane, common sense approach...the question is, are those in power making rational decisions or decision based in fear?
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

There was a story on the Kelly File yesterday about the Texas border being over-run with illegal immigrants, about 60% from Central America, because they think we're about to pass amnesty. I think it may be too late to fix the mess of multi-culturalism and political correctness. Democrats see illegal immigrants as undocumented Democrats and country club Republicans in the Chamber of Commerce want cheap labor and don't care about anything else. We're pretty much screwed for the next 100 years.

I'd vote for Disco over any Democrat as well.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

Immigration is fine, but for it to happen peaceably there needs to be assimilation.

Between increased immigration and the rise of the so called coalition of the ascendant baldly stating that they want to change the country in ways that specifically benefit themselves at the expense of those here and running the show before, there is obviously going to be some tension.

That's why I think the Democrats will have increasingly poor electoral showings among white folks generally (and white men especially).

The reason people feel like the country is being taken away from them is that to a certain extent it is (as the article clearly explains).

If the process was framed in less combative terms, and the new comers and uprisers were willing to play in increasing role than they have, as opposed to trying to change the country wholesale, then the camps would be much less likely to sort into an us and them dichotomy.

Change comes slow or not at all. If it comes faster, the results are frequently darker and more messy.
    Re: bold... can you please explain using some more concrete terminology or perhaps even examples?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

The issue isn't Islam, it is that disparate ethnic groups have been forced into the same area - an unnatural state. Therefore conflict is inevitable as a struggle for dominance occurs. The way to reduce this conflict is to increase the ethnic homogeneity of the population as a clear majority ethnic group is required for stability. Unfortunately, because most people are emotionally invested in racial egalitarianism it is impossible to convince them of this.

Many "conservatives" suffer from this disease, it is not just a leftie problem. They like to believe the conflict is about religion, or lack of education, and the enemy can therefore be civilized and integrated. This is a false belief, as shown above.

I have no respect for most people who claim to complain about immigration, because they turn around and attack me for explaining the root cause of the problem and how to solve it.

Racism is a 19th century biologic theory now discredited. And as we enter the 21st century, in properous democratic countries, we haven't even begun to address the issues that confront us.

We have yet to face the fact that in properous democratic countries we are now divided by psychological class.

This is a site devoted to psychology so we should begin to address the issue of psychological class.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Racism is a 19th century biologic theory now discredited.
    "Racism" as a word wasn't around until the 1920s.

You won't find the word in any 19th century dictionaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    The issue isn't Islam, it is that disparate ethnic groups have been forced into the same area - an unnatural state. Therefore conflict is inevitable as a struggle for dominance occurs. The way to reduce this conflict is to increase the ethnic homogeneity of the population as a clear majority ethnic group is required for stability. Unfortunately, because most people are emotionally invested in racial egalitarianism it is impossible to convince them of this.

Many "conservatives" suffer from this disease, it is not just a leftie problem. They like to believe the conflict is about religion, or lack of education, and the enemy can therefore be civilized and integrated. This is a false belief, as shown above.

I have no respect for most people who claim to complain about immigration, because they turn around and attack me for explaining the root cause of the problem and how to solve it.
    So why is racial conflict the root cause, and not cultural conflict?

Assuming the economy and other things increasing racial tensions wasn't a factor, would white and black people living in the same area, sharing and living by the same cultural values, still fight each other for dominance?
    I FEEL ALRIGHT