User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Default Social Class and Psychoclass

Social inequality was a result of 19th century capitalism, today, in prosperous countries, we live in 21st century capitalism married to liberal democracy.

So today social inequality is being replaced by psychological inequality.

So rather than having social class, we are having psychoclass.

So the questions we should be asking are: what determines psychoclass, and what is psychoclass, and to what psychoclass do I belong?

And it seems that on a site like Typology Central devoted to psychology, we can ask these important questions.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Social inequality was a result of 19th century capitalism, today, in prosperous countries, we live in 21st century capitalism married to liberal democracy.

So today social inequality is being replaced by psychological inequality.

So rather than having social class, we are having psychoclass.

So the questions we should be asking are: what determines psychoclass, and what is psychoclass, and to what psychoclass do I belong?

And it seems that on a site like Typology Central devoted to psychology, we can ask these important questions.
    Then one could spend years simply analyzing the psychology that creates your posts here.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Then one could spend years simply analyzing the psychology that creates your posts here.
    Or rather than being snarky, we can start to educate ourselves in the meaning of psychoclass. I good place to start is The Evolution of Psyche and Society by Lloyd deMause

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Or rather than being snarky, we can start to educate ourselves in the meaning of psychoclass. I good place to start is The Evolution of Psyche and Society by Lloyd deMause
    While this author's theories serve no societal purpose whatsoever, I had a revelation while reading about his work: my oldest step-daughter has Borderline Personality Disorder. So thanks, at least, for pointing me in a direction that led to this revelation.

While this author's theories serve no societal purpose whatsoever.
    It's true psychoclass or class by personal psychology serves no societal purpose in an industrial society, but we are now in the electric post industrial society where the issues that confront us are psychological and personal.

And Typology Central is devoted to personal psychology so the taxonomy of the classes of personal psychology is central to our concerns here.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

While this author's theories serve no societal purpose whatsoever, I had a revelation while reading about his work: my oldest step-daughter has Borderline Personality Disorder. So thanks, at least, for pointing me in a direction that led to this revelation.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I have a sister who has Borderline Personality Disorder. She is...a handful.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

That would be like trying to get rid of the law of entropy. Read the article before posting a comment next time.
    "The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system never decreases, because isolated systems always evolve toward thermodynamic equilibrium, a state with maximum entropy."

Our economy is more or less isolated only on a global level. Social inequalities in reality have very little to do with thermodynamics. Social inequality is when someone is in better position than someone else. It's of course pratically impossible to make everyone equal, but if we increase the tolerance level of definition for "equal", it becomes more attainable.

There are number of studies showing how social inequalities lead to crime, unstableness and decrease of quanlity of life, therefore it is beneficient to try iron out the inequalities, and countries have vastly varying levels of inequalities. It's insane to claim that Niger's level of social inequality is preferred to Sweden's level of social inequality. And Sweden still could be better. That's what we should be going towards.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I have a sister who has Borderline Personality Disorder. She is...a handful.
    Do you know anything about her personality type?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    "The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system never decreases, because isolated systems always evolve toward thermodynamic equilibrium, a state with maximum entropy."

Our economy is more or less isolated only on a global level. Social inequalities in reality have very little to do with thermodynamics. Social inequality is when someone is in better position than someone else. It's of course pratically impossible to make everyone equal, but if we increase the tolerance level of definition for "equal", it becomes more attainable.

There are number of studies showing how social inequalities lead to crime, unstableness and decrease of quanlity of life, therefore it is beneficient to try iron out the inequalities, and countries have vastly varying levels of inequalities. It's insane to claim that Niger's level of social inequality is preferred to Sweden's level of social inequality. And Sweden still could be better. That's what we should be going towards.
    They're not saying that social inequality is controlled by the law of thermodynamics. The comparison is by analogy only. Trying to eradicate financial social inequality is like trying to reverse the law of thermodynamics. It can't be done.

But that's what government tries to do, reverse the laws of reality in order to attain some social ideal of its own mere invention. Government has for well over a century tried to ignore the laws of economics out of existence. Instead of treating economics as a science, government sees itself as a miracle-performing God that can reverse universal law. Inevitable problems arise that are left unsolved and then passed down to the next generation of incompetent bureaucrats and politicians. Government altruists demand that citizens give of themselves for the sake of others. This is known as the "fallacy of altruism," it is called a fallacy because it doesn't work no matter how hard you try to make it work. Altruism is not to be forced of others, but is to be given of their own free-will. It is a way of sneaking religion back into government while at the same time eliminating all usage of the word "God."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    When my step-daughter and her little sister start to fight, which they often do, it is pure chaos around here.