User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    I'm tagged in this thread apparently, but where?

It's natural not because of any of the afformentioned reasons. And it's not a balancing act or any of that crap.

This life is a TEST by our Creator and Sustainer.

Some are tested with RICHES.

Some are tested with FAMINE.

Some are tested with CHILDREN.

Some are tested with ILLNESS.

At the end of the day, our Creator wants to see how we fair treating those less fortunate than we are. It doesn't mean you cannot enjoy your riches- but you must share. If you have nothing- such is your test as well. The story of the man with nothing giving half of his nothing to someone else with nothing- and so on and so forth.

Sometimes people overthink things. And it really does come down to justice / fairness / well treatment of humanity.

It's not okay to think "it's okay" that people starve to death because it's part of some "natural order of things." That's a pompous, selfish world outlook that is your test.
    Really? Your view is completely immoral. Evolution is just a natural process, completely divorced from human emotions and political opinions. It is also a logically more orderly arrangement, becuase there are less variables. By introducing god as a factor into the equation, you are then obliged to prove the existence of god.

But say I ignore this: a being with the power of a god however, cannot allow suffering to exist without simultaneously being completely evil. Absolute power implies absolute responsibility.

I also think you are full of shit btw; you would not go up to someone with a terrible disease and say they had been struck with it by god as a test of their faith, even the most evangelic Christians rarely do that. But this paradox is one of the main reasons I am an atheist.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Really? Your view is completely immoral. Evolution is just a natural process, completely divorced from human emotions and political opinions. It is also a logically more orderly arrangement, becuase there are less variables. By introducing god as a factor into the equation, you are then obliged to prove the existence of god.

But say I ignore this: a being with the power of a god however, cannot allow suffering to exist without simultaneously being completely evil. Absolute power implies absolute responsibility.

I also think you are full of shit btw; you would not go up to someone with a terrible disease and say they had been struck with it by god as a test of their faith, even the most evangelic Christians rarely do that. But this paradox is one of the main reasons I am an atheist.
    Agree with the bolded, except substitute agnostic for atheist. I still entertain the possiblity of a God, perhaps one that isn't always 'Good' or 'fair.'
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

"Natural" is merely a descriptor, but often misinterpreted as a virtue.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Lots of things are natural. Clubbing each other with antelope thigh bones is also natural, but we try to override that one.

Regulated and competitive capitalism produces by itself wealth and inequality.

And regulated and competitive capitalism, married to liberal democracy, produces wealth and relative equality.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    You think? I'm sure the poor will be interested to learn that they just have the wrong set of priorities.
    So just how much income inequality do you think is tolerable? Or is it your opinion that everyone should earn exactly the same?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Social Inequality Is Natural
    So is Ebola. We still want to get rid of it.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Why do you want to get rid of social inequality?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    That would be like trying to get rid of the law of entropy. Read the article before posting a comment next time.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    "Natural" is merely a descriptor, but often misinterpreted as a virtue.
    The article (if that's what you're referring to) is not talking about vices and virtues. It is relating a social phenomenon to a law of nature, viz., Newton's Second Law of Thermodynamics.