User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Psychological gobbly gook. Projection? Oh geez.
    Not "gobbly gook", an accurate description of what you are doing.

I never said a person HAS to suffer to GET TO HEAVEN. Where did I say that??
    I never said that you said that, but you are mingling the concepts of suffering and salvation somewhat.

I said that you have decided that suffering unequivocally proves that God does not exist.

It don't prove shit.
    I've decided what? I don't think you have the slightest clue what my view is on this matter, but this isn't about me. It's about you and your mingling of suffering with salvation.

Because you have decided that suffering is something God could never POSSIBLY do to human beings - you have decided henceforth, He does not exist.

It doesn't even make sense!

So you have decided what God's master plan is --- and if it doesn't fit your subjective definition of it ---- then it's "proof" that He doesn't exist.
    You've made a lot of claims about my views without ever asking me what I believe. You've assumed a lot, and you're wrong about pretty much everything. But that's not surprising. Whenever you reach a wall of cognitive dissonance, you seem to lash out in anger.

This is a joke, right?

Suffering serves many purposes --- and is caused by many things --- things you and I can't even being to fathom and haven't even touched the surface on in a silly internet forum.
    Of course we can fathom it. Saying we "can't even begin to fathom" is nonsense. Suffering is a human experience.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Again- you are negating the existence of God based on historical events that were not to your liking as if the fact that you don't like them is proof that God doesn't exist.

You think God would never do these things?

So what?

Doesn't mean He hasn't and that He doesn't exist.

God doesn't exist based on your criteria for His existence. He just IS.
    Do you believe everything in the bible is right?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I don't know whether God exists or not. I believe in an order to the universe though, and at times, during moments of ecstasy, I even believe that it might be something like God.

I'm more hostile to the concept of an afterlife. I think it is better to live my life based on the assumption that I'm gonna make a nice supper for some worms some day. That's kind of beautiful in it's own way... the thought that I will become dirt. Why fight it?
    I wish I had your peace.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I wish I had your peace.

The flip side of it is that I wonder if I'm only telling myself that because I haven't even hit 30.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    On the other hand, it is usually if not always a bad idea to try fooling mother nature. You wouldn't mess with mother nature, would you?
    Uhh, yeah? We have meteoroligists, who try to predict weather, and we have various people that try to outdo nature- people who plan earthquake resistant buildings, mitigate the effect of tsunamis, and design buildings to resist floods. We also have laws that regulate how buildings and the individuals in them deal with such basic things as severe weather, fires, and flooding. To say we shouldn't try to mitigate the impact of such things is pure fatalist stupidity, and incredibly base and simplistic thinking.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    Uhh, yeah? We have meteoroligists, who try to predict weather, and we have various people that try to outdo nature- people who plan earthquake resistant buildings, mitigate the effect of tsunamis, and design buildings to resist floods. We also have laws that regulate how buildings and the individuals in them deal with such basic things as severe weather, fires, and flooding. To say we shouldn't try to mitigate the impact of such things is pure fatalist stupidity, and incredibly base and simplistic thinking.
    Yes, as a species we are able to shape our destiny.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yes, as a species we are able to shape our destiny.
    Whatever "as a species" means. Mankind's destiny, as a species, has largely been shaped by geography and climate. The destiny of American Indian tribes was controlled by the presence of mountain ranges in North America. The destiny of Europeans was shaped by the lack of continent-splitting mountain ranges. And if not for the end of the last glaciation period, civilization would not have developed.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Whatever "as a species" means. Mankind's destiny, as a species, has largely been shaped by geography and climate. The destiny of American Indian tribes was controlled by the presence of mountain ranges in North America. The destiny of Europeans was shaped by the lack of continent-splitting mountain ranges. And if not for the end of the last glaciation period, civilization would not have developed.
    Sure, but what about now? What about the future?
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Sure, but what about now? What about the future?
    While scientists like to think they could fend off an asteroid heading on a deadly collision course with the Earth, there's absolutely nothing they can do about the Yellowstone super-volcano, the super-volcano in Europe, or the Canary Island volcano which will someday collapse on one side sending a huge tidal wave hurtling toward the US. Also expect an unstoppable glaciation period to bury the northern parts of the US beneath a mile-high wall of ice.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

While scientists like to think they could fend off an asteroid heading on a deadly collision course with the Earth, there's absolutely nothing they can do about the Yellowstone super-volcano, the super-volcano in Europe, or the Canary Island volcano which will someday collapse on one side sending a huge tidal wave hurtling toward the US. Also expect an unstoppable glaciation period to bury the northern parts of the US beneath a mile-high wall of ice.
    I see.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan