MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    You've proven nothing.
    No one has obligation to "prove" God's existence to you.
    Do you have a silver platter with which you expect believers to serve - to your satisfaction - your acceptable version of God?
    Give me a break.
    And you've just completely reduced your credibility to dust with that ridiculous and bigotted video clip.
    rme
    The very fact there are multiple versions of god circulating among believers suggests god, as the entity is experienced commonly today, is a relationship with the ego rather than the God of Abraham, who slaughtered by the thousands, by the way.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Death, which is inevitable for every living thing on this planet, is what leads to heaven, not suffering. Suffering is a totally irrelevant and unnecessary condition to reach heaven. How can irrelevant and unnecessary suffering be a blessing?

That's your opinion on your idealised version of what "logically" life and death "should" look like.
    But it's not the reality of how it actually is / is going to be.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    The very fact there are multiple versions of god circulating among believers suggests god, as the entity is experienced commonly today, is a relationship with the ego rather than the God of Abraham, who slaughtered by the thousands, by the way.
    Again- you are negating the existence of God based on historical events that were not to your liking as if the fact that you don't like them is proof that God doesn't exist.

You think God would never do these things?

So what?

Doesn't mean He hasn't and that He doesn't exist.

God doesn't exist based on your criteria for His existence. He just IS.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    So once again science has....pointed out the obvious.
    Amazing. There's also a couple of recent studies done at M.I.T. that showed that nice guys are more easily friendzoned and that obese people are found to be unattractive.

It was groundbreaking.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

That's your opinion on your idealised version of what "logically" life and death "should" look like.
    But it's not the reality of how it actually is / is going to be.
    My post is not an opinion, it is a logical statement. The Bible does not say you need to suffer to go to heaven. The two conditions necessary to enter heaven are belief and death. Suffering is not a requirement to enter heaven. Given that logically sound conclusion, suffering serves no purpose in this context. It is unnecessary and irrelevant.

What you are doing here is dismissing reason because it conflicts with your beliefs. You want to believe people suffer for a reason even though there is no logical reason for it. Your statement about me having some sort of idealized view of what life and death should look like is a great example of psychological projection. You are the one who idealizes and you are projecting that onto me.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Infinite Bubble

ultimately, I am comforted
    This is why the modern human believes in god. This is why god exists in every foxhole. This is why you pray; because there is an all-powerful human guardian with an unlimited amount of power to keep you from harm and to give the surety that life means something, that that event happened for a reason, a good reason, to create an unrivaled sense of security in which no matter what happens, it is okay, it is nothing to worry about - it is comforting.

You even refer to god as a he, a great big man in the sky to help you up if you trip over. Even the usage of he is a reference to the history of male dominance and hence the gender-specific pronoun. Upon postulating the existence of god, it is inevitable that the question that will be asked is "then what created god?" But it appears, the answer is very simple. Unfortunately it does nothing for the case of god. All one has to do to find the answer is to simply look in the mirror.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

If chewbacca is a wookie, you must acquit!
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    My post is not an opinion, it is a logical statement. The Bible does not say you need to suffer to go to heaven. The two conditions necessary to enter heaven are belief and death. Suffering is not a requirement to enter heaven. Given that logically sound conclusion, suffering serves no purpose in this context. It is unnecessary and irrelevant.

What you are doing here is dismissing reason because it conflicts with your beliefs. You want to believe people suffer for a reason even though there is no logical reason for it. Your statement about me having some sort of idealized view of what life and death should look like is a great example of psychological projection. You are the one who idealizes and you are projecting that onto me.

Psychological gobbly gook. Projection? Oh geez.

I never said a person HAS to suffer to GET TO HEAVEN. Where did I say that??

I said that you have decided that suffering unequivocally proves that God does not exist.

It don't prove shit.

Because you have decided that suffering is something God could never POSSIBLY do to human beings - you have decided henceforth, He does not exist.

It doesn't even make sense!

So you have decided what God's master plan is --- and if it doesn't fit your subjective definition of it ---- then it's "proof" that He doesn't exist.

This is a joke, right?

Suffering serves many purposes --- and is caused by many things --- things you and I can't even being to fathom and haven't even touched the surface on in a silly internet forum.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    This is why the modern human believes in god. This is why god exists in every foxhole. This is why you pray; because there is an all-powerful human guardian with an unlimited amount of power to keep you from harm and to give the surety that life means something, that that event happened for a reason, a good reason, to create an unrivaled sense of security in which no matter what happens, it is okay, it is nothing to worry about - it is comforting.

You even refer to god as a he, a great big man in the sky to help you up if you trip over. Even the usage of he is a reference to the history of male dominance and hence the gender-specific pronoun. Upon postulating the existence of god, it is inevitable that the question that will be asked is "then what created god?" But it appears, the answer is very simple. Unfortunately it does nothing for the case of god. All one has to do to find the answer is to simply look in the mirror.
    To think that you breathe and all the functions in your body take place because of happenstance .. that birds fly magically .... that it's all some big accident - is quite foolish.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I don't know whether God exists or not. I believe in an order to the universe though, and at times, during moments of ecstasy, I even believe that it might be something like God.

I'm more hostile to the concept of an afterlife. I think it is better to live my life based on the assumption that I'm gonna make a nice supper for some worms some day. That's kind of beautiful in it's own way... the thought that I will become dirt. Why fight it?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78