User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Really? Your view is completely immoral. Evolution is just a natural process, completely divorced from human emotions and political opinions. It is also a logically more orderly arrangement, becuase there are less variables. By introducing god as a factor into the equation, you are then obliged to prove the existence of god.

But say I ignore this: a being with the power of a god however, cannot allow suffering to exist without simultaneously being completely evil. Absolute power implies absolute responsibility.

I also think you are full of shit btw; you would not go up to someone with a terrible disease and say they had been struck with it by god as a test of their faith, even the most evangelic Christians rarely do that. But this paradox is one of the main reasons I am an atheist.
    You can think I'm full of shit- but I am very not.

You are so tunnel-visioned, you can't see past your own bias and grandiose ego.

What do you know about disease and human suffering and the afterlife? You've obviously rejected God already - therefore, rejected any of the truths behind all of these things. Your mind and heart are already sealed. You and I are on completely different planes of understanding as a result- and it's as if we are back to back looking at two different worlds and trying to argue about it.

Who do you think you are that you can decide what our Creator and Sustainer does, does not do, gives riches to, gives famine, gives disease to ..... ??

He can give any of that stuff to whoever He pleases. And your opinion on the matter means NOTHING.

That is why I am not atheist, but a Believer.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    And I would really rather be tested with the former.
    But if the former can put you in hell and the latter in eternal bliss, are you still certain of your answer?

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    You can think I'm full of shit- but I am very not.

You are so tunnel-visioned, you can't see past your own bias and grandiose ego.

What do you know about disease and human suffering and the afterlife? You've obviously rejected God already - therefore, rejected any of the truths behind all of these things. Your mind and heart are already sealed. You and I are on completely different planes of understanding as a result- and it's as if we are back to back looking at two different worlds and trying to argue about it.
    You have never even attempted to prove the truth behind any of your statements, contrary to me and many others. My mind is made up about religion logically and morally, yes. I do believe that religion can serve some practical purpose in encouraging cohesion and divergent gender roles, but non religious ideology can also do that.

Who do you think you are that you can decide what our Creator and Sustainer does, does not do, gives riches to, gives famine, gives disease to ..... ??

He can give any of that stuff to whoever He pleases. And your opinion on the matter means NOTHING.

That is why I am not atheist, but a Believer.
    Because I have shown logically how your god is a contradiction, and hence ficticious, it is no different than me questioning the motivations of Peter Pan.

BTW: You do realise that the women in Islamic Paradise are all young and white, right? They also never have periods and are very obedient, happy to take dick 24/7.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

You have never even attempted to prove the truth behind any of your statements, contrary to me and many others. My mind is made up about religion logically and morally, yes. I do believe that religion can serve some practical purpose in encouraging cohesion and divergent gender roles, but non religious ideology can also do that.

Because I have shown logically how your god is a contradiction, and hence ficticious, it is no different than me questioning the motivations of Peter Pan.

BTW: You do realise that the women in Islamic Paradise are all young and white, right? They also never have periods and are very obedient, happy to take dick 24/7.

You've proven nothing.
    No one has obligation to "prove" God's existence to you.
    Do you have a silver platter with which you expect believers to serve - to your satisfaction - your acceptable version of God?
    Give me a break.
    And you've just completely reduced your credibility to dust with that ridiculous and bigotted video clip.
    rme

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

What do you know about disease and human suffering and the afterlife?
    No one knows anything about "the afterlife".

We know many things about disease and human suffering. For example, natural disasters and disease strike everyone equally, regardless of their belief or lack thereof.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    No one knows anything about "the afterlife".

We know many things about disease and human suffering. For example, natural disasters and disease strike everyone equally, regardless of their belief or lack thereof.
    I view disease and natural disasters - ultimately - as a blessing.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I view disease and natural disasters - ultimately - as a blessing.
    If your child got sick and died, you would view that as a blessing? I don't believe you.

If you honestly believe this, the mentality you have is dangerous.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    If your child got sick and died, you would view that as a blessing? I don't believe you.

If you honestly believe this, the mentality you have is dangerous.
    I would suffer immeasurably watching my child suffer. (I have watched relatives suffer from cancer, diabetes, dimentia ... ) and ultimately, I am comforted by the fact that their suffering will bring them eternal heaven.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Really? Your view is completely immoral. Evolution is just a natural process, completely divorced from human emotions and political opinions. It is also a logically more orderly arrangement, becuase there are less variables. By introducing god as a factor into the equation, you are then obliged to prove the existence of god.

But say I ignore this: a being with the power of a god however, cannot allow suffering to exist without simultaneously being completely evil. Absolute power implies absolute responsibility.

I also think you are full of shit btw; you would not go up to someone with a terrible disease and say they had been struck with it by god as a test of their faith, even the most evangelic Christians rarely do that. But this paradox is one of the main reasons I am an atheist.
    I agree, a single, all-powerful, all-good diety makes no sense. There is no god, get over it. @SilentMusings @AzulEyes
    Ultimately, we must care for our fellow man because this is the only life we KNOW exists.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I would suffer immeasurably watching my child suffer. (I have watched relatives suffer from cancer, diabetes, dimentia ... ) and ultimately, I am comforted by the fact that their suffering will bring them eternal heaven.
    Death, which is inevitable for every living thing on this planet, is what leads to heaven, not suffering. Suffering is a totally irrelevant and unnecessary condition to reach heaven. How can irrelevant and unnecessary suffering be a blessing?