User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 46

  1. #11
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Lol, just look at the turnout. It's only about 43%. More than half of the people don't care.
    Turnout 2014 - European Parliament
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  2. #12
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    3,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Wouldn't that be anti-democratic? I mean, if we stone the leftie-communists alongside, I'd be in.
    I dont think it would be anti-democratic, its the extremist parties who are anti-democratic. I dont see how outlawing certain parties is anti-freedom, it is those parties which are against our freedoms which should be outlawed, and that includes the communists.

    Of course Im not opposed to the right to people to hold controversial opinions, or even to assemble in the name of controversial causes, simply we shouldnt be allwoed to vote for extemist, anti-freedom parties(Nazis, Communists, Islamists etc).

    Nationalism in Europe usually carries the stigma of xenophobia, racial hatred etc, though I dont think nationalism is the problem in itself, its more the things associated with it.

  3. #13
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I dont think it would be anti-democratic, its the extremist parties who are anti-democratic. I dont see how outlawing certain parties is anti-freedom, it is those parties which are against our freedoms which should be outlawed, and that includes the communists.

    Of course Im not opposed to the right to people to hold controversial opinions, or even to assemble in the name of controversial causes, simply we shouldnt be allwoed to vote for extemist, anti-freedom parties(Nazis, Communists, Islamists etc).

    Nationalism in Europe usually carries the stigma of xenophobia, racial hatred etc, though I dont think nationalism is the problem in itself, its more the things associated with it.
    I think topics like racism and tolerance are getting too much attention. There are much more important things that should be addressed right now like the reduction of state debts and how we are going to fix the lame economic growth. Unfortunately, not many people care about that and I have the feeling that politicians are taking us for fools. The lefties are planning to spend even more money, which I don't think we have.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  4. #14
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    3,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I think topics like racism and tolerance are getting too much attention.
    Perhaps. Theres no bad publicity.

    While I agree with those who say the extrme right has no solutions to our problems, simply scapegoats, using the exteme right as a scapegoat is certainly not a solution either. It goes both ways, after all.

    Yet all these could be solved if certain parties were kept out of the poltical sphere to begin with.

    There are much more important things that should be addressed right now like the reduction of state debts and how we are going to fix the lame economic growth. Unfortunately, not many people care about that and I have the feeling that politicians are taking us for fools. The lefties are planning to spend even more money, which I don't think we have.
    I agree that spending more taxpayers money is no solution. It will only stunt economic growth, because higher taxation discourages the free market from flourishing.

  5. #15
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Wouldn't that be anti-democratic? I mean, if we stone the leftie-communists alongside, I'd be in.
    If democracy means allowing fascists to rise to power, then that would defeat the point of democracy.

    In a communist society, there would be no hierarchies or oppression, so it's an unfair comparison.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

  6. #16
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    3,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post

    In a communist society, there would be no hierarchies or oppression, so it's an unfair comparison.


    Sorry, I just couldnt resist.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    I voted Green, partially to piss in Hitler's face.

  8. #18
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    While I agree with those who say the extrme right has no solutions to our problems, simply scapegoats, using the exteme right as a scapegoat is certainly not a solution either. It goes both ways, after all.
    Yes, they are probably even making it worse due to their simplified and uneducated worldview. However, I don't think any party, may it be left-wing or right-wing offers the right solutions. They even seem to neglect the real problems. What I've also noticed recently is, that especially lobbying is on the rise (Monsanto, etc.). We should have a budget for assassinating them. Thats money usefully spent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    If democracy means allowing fascists to rise to power, then that would defeat the point of democracy.

    In a communist society, there would be no hierarchies or oppression, so it's an unfair comparison.
    One would have to genetically modify humanity to make that possible. How would you concretely structure a system with no authorities? I don't think that would work under any circumstances.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  9. #19
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    One would have to genetically modify humanity to make that possible. How would you concretely structure a system with no authorities? I don't think that would work under any circumstances.
    There would be inofficial leaders, but no one would hold the title of president or prime minister, for example.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

  10. #20
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    There would be inofficial leaders, but no one would hold the title of president or prime minister, for example.
    "Inofficial leaders"?? Really? And who is supposed to control them?
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Similar Threads

  1. Has anyone ever taken a real MBTI?
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 09:57 PM
  2. European Parliament election -2009-
    By Blackmail! in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 08:19 AM
  3. does anyone else make up a lot of ideas for computer games?
    By Zergling in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
  4. Does anyone else visit this site?
    By The Ü™ in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 10:23 PM
  5. Croquet, anyone?
    By disregard in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO