User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Short of Geo-engineering on a massive scale, I don't see us being able to have any real impact on it.
    Well, burning coal to produce electricity is geo-engineering on a massive scale.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

$2.00 gas again.....Maybe when oil speculation shifts. Hey, maybe diamonds will go down again as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post

Willful ignorance is nothing to be proud of.
    I suggest you take a look at the bolded and think about what you have written...and then apply it to yourself.

Global warming terminology has changed to climate change because there will be warming AND cooling in different parts of the planet, with more severe, erratic weather becoming the norm. Bands of normal weather patterns are shifting, as are migratory patterns and the habitats of various species. I have been reading about the so-called "pause" in the warming patterns, but it is only a pause.

I'm not going to discount climate change simply because the models and predictions are not 100% accurate. I would think it's wise to prepare for the changes in food production, populations shifting due to sea level rise and other natural disasters. I am not saying this in an alarmist fashion but rather in one of being prepared, if at all possible. Even the Department of Defense supports this position and sees climate change as a credible threat to stability.

It is clear you are willfully ignorant and choose to remain that way.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Well, burning coal to produce electricity is geo-engineering on a massive scale.
    And it develops energy on a massive scale.

Sniffles

I'm intrigued by the historical climatology discussion here. Any suggestions in the field @Hard?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    And it develops energy on a massive scale.
    A pointless statement. That has no bearing on whether or not burning coal can affect the climate.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

The Climate Change Debate That Should Have Never Happened...(but is more statistically representative of the debate, should it happen)

I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell