User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Sex is not a right. But neither is anything else we need, such as food, water, shelter, these are not "rights" despite the fact we need it more than we do sex in order to surivive. And its not just about sex. Its also about affection, some men simply need to be touched by a woman, to be smiled at... and Im sure most women do understand this, which is why I think this is a good occasion to draw attention to this problem. And its not just many men who cant get laid, there are some women who have the same problem.

And theres another problem. Theres the fact that men have been "lied" to, especially in Western culture, about sex. We are indoctrinated - through media - that sex is something life owes us. I think women might not have this indocrination, which is why they complain about this type of problem less, though I could be wrong about that since Im not a woman. I have heard women say they cant get partners...I havent heard women talk as if life owes them one.

So yeah, I think this is a good oppurunity for society to seriously reconsider some of its values.
    @Society..
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I also know that ugly, stupid, dorky, sensitive, broke guys can get laid. My idiotic ESFP brother is one of them & is 27 with a 19 year old girlfriend too cute for him, but also just as idiotic.
    I read through this whole thread and cracked up when I saw this. xD

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post

It should never have happened, it makes me so angry.
    Is that you in the avatar? If so...

You are a good looking guy. I don't know where you live and why people are talking shit about your mother and your race, but I guarantee someone with your looks would have no problem in the part of the world where I live. At the very least, you would not receive racist comments. Half-black is completely normal around here, and it's even considered 'exotic' or 'interesting' and thus bi-racial status can actually help someone get laid in a more liberated area. Around here, white guys are complaining "black guys get all the hot girls" and that includes half-black.

Try California, New York, etc.

And don't get me wrong, I personally don't condone the view that anyone's race should be a status symbol OR something to make fun of, but I'm just speaking candidly about what culture is like in different places.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    The words, the delivery, the facial expressions all give me the impression that he had worked out in his mind exactly how he wanted to appear in front of the camera, but failed. Which could explain why his words has no affect: I think he's reciting a "mental script" or something, and it all comes across as little more than a poor act. Had he been a psychopath, he would have done a better job at feigning emotion.
    Complete agreement. I laughed a few times because he is such a bad actor. I managed to watch the entire video, though.

Withholding final judgment until we know his true role in the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by MadKitten View Post

This might be out of the context, but what mbti type you think he was? I could sense that even he was alone he wanted to be with people.
    My opinion

Could have been ESFP though. Not sure.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

About the shooting itself, I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said. Forgive me if I fail to be shocked at the horrors of the world anymore. I've survived enough horrors in my actual life (not just "watched on tv") … that I am very difficult to shock. Although it does make me sad.

I have close friends in Santa Barbara who I am currently trying to reach.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    My opinion

Could have been ESFP though. Not sure.
    That's a very good guess. I was thinking S also. And he was so disturbed because he might have actually been suppressed E. And F and P make seem very likely considering the matter and the way he behaved. Thanks for the link - i was wondering if there was one for this.
    All the people are crazy; way or another - me
    It's just my avatar, i'm not a scary person - also me

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Withholding final judgment until we know his true role in the shooting.
    Reading more recent articles, his role seems to be quite decided by now. In this case, he was a very pathetic person.

In this video, one can see cause and effect of his act side by side. A lonely boy with a simplistic worldview develops a persona to get girls, and fails because he does not understand how relationships really work. I blame his socialization.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think he's acting. He seems so fake that it's questionable if he really means this. Whether his reasons for his rampage are true or not or just something he thought would be dramatic, who knows. Maybe he just wanted to shoot people up & created this character & backstory to frame it in. He is "off", but I'm not sure it's in the way he wants it to seem.
    Something about his demeanor is clearly pretentious. As a male who was in a similar situation at his age, I can't have sympathy for him at all because of his egocentric grandiosity, which I think is authentic, though perhaps exaggerated for dramatic effect. There's another video of him driving in his BMW flashing cheesy smiles at the camera like he's a playboy. Part of the problem, I think, is there aren't many resources out there to help young men develop a legitimate healthy self-esteem. Instead, males learn to wear a mask of faux bravado and hide their emotions. Even displaying insecurity can lead to ridicule and emasculation. But I don't think this kid is typical of sexually frustrated men. He appears to have no sense of humility or personal responsibility. Everything is an injustice to him and nothing about his personality is to blame for the way people react to him. It's quite pathetic and insufferable to listen to. I have no pity for him and I was a virgin at his age, although I had kissed girls; probably because I exemplified some sort of humanity. This guy's lack of empathy or ability to see things from other people's perspectives is frightening in itself. I do think there should be more mental health options available.
    Last edited by Bullet; 05-25-2014 at 11:04 PM.

MBTI
    WILD

Making comments about his type is just so inappropriate now. Like everything could immediatly end up in the circus arena for our entertainment. Seriously. Even phobik understood this.
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

C'est faux de dire: Je pense : on devrait dire : On me pense.
    It is wrong to say: I think. One should say: I am thought.
    Arthur Rimbaud

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Me club woman take cave make small Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    The conclusion might be misled, but there are valid points:

Why Society Owes Men Sex

The only valid points in that article is that men not getting sex, can result in disharmony.

Doesn't really need to be said, as it's already been said, but fuck it, it's still not a "right."

In general, women are subtle creatures, men are blunt. I think women, indirectly, teach men how to soften up, or at least that's the Grand Design.

If daddy/mommy didn't teach you about women, it's going to take you a while to figure out what they want, are attracted to. And not all women are the same.

This little shitbag never once considered the problem might be him. "I mean, look at me, I'm gorgeous, I'm magnificent, I have a BMW, $300 pair of sunglasses." God, what a fucking shit stain.

After reading more, I kinda feel bad for the parents (and that's rare in these kind of situations). Seems like they were trying to do a lot, and they probably weren't fully equiped to deal with a kid with asperger's. He was seeing multiple therapists, and his parents reported the earlier disturbing videos to the police. They said he was "Polite." And didn't do anything. A social worker had also contacted police about Rodger just last week. Again, nothing. WTF.

Update
    Three More Bodies Found in Apartment of Suspected UCSB Shooter. Stabbed to Death
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.