User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I understand his frustration, there's obviously something wrong with society. You MUST act a certain way to attract what you see as a valuable mate, if you can't act in such way, along with being insane, violence like this is bound. It's so easy if you have it easy, to judge those who are violent, and their reasons. But there's always underlying causes, and it's almost always because of society mentality, one way or the other. Of course, he had mental issues. But there was room for rehabilitation, if only people paid more attention. In my opinion, he was a good-looking guy. But I'm never happy to hear about more individuals dying. It's a very cruel world.

MBTI
    WILD

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    for every girl out there that put me down, called me names and made me hurt...that's what happens. keep playing...see if it'll stop. you want my sympathies? i sympathize with his victims, i sympathize with him...but i don't sympathize with the women who drove him to it.
    I somewhat agree with this. Part of me knows that some women can be pityless (such as many men towards unattractive girls and I bet this guy didn't even consider ugly girls as human beings for instance) and this bitch attitude bothers me. Legalizing prostitution isn't such a bad idea.

But these matters aren't new and rampage wasn't used as a common solution in the past. Now we have to deal with other issues.

Firstly, the idea that we are all equals so we all deserve and will get the same things: of course people will be disappointed because... there is no getting away from reality, even if one thinks that to be laid is a legitimate "right". Thing is, unfortunately, it is not a right.
    I doubt any man who was in the dominated position, in Gengis Khan times, would have question the rightfulness of his status and access to all women he wanted, for instance...

Secondly, people in a consumerist society aren't educated to suffer frustration anymore.
    They tend to want everything, all and immediately, without any effort.
    Deprivation is no longer understood and accepted as the "default" state of a human being.

And then, I think one can respond to frustration in two ways:

- either by internalizing: which leads to depression, and/or compensation behaviors like using drugs and other addictions, or -and it'd be better - to the sublimation of the sexual sex drive

- or by externalizing: which leads to aggressivity, (sexist) rants on the internet (sorry, I couldn't help it), or -and it'd be more successful - to develop an aggressiveness and competitiveness

It's not possible to claim he has any personality disorder even if something is definitely wrong with him in the video.
    This obvious lack of emotions just made my blood run cold.
    I've no idea why I've always had a strong gut feeling when it comes to sensing danger in someone but he's definitely not like every average frustrated guys.
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

C'est faux de dire: Je pense : on devrait dire : On me pense.
    It is wrong to say: I think. One should say: I am thought.
    Arthur Rimbaud

MBTI
    WILD

To borrow from Nietzsche, God really is dead. There's no reason for people to want to be moral anymore.
    ( PS: That's absolutely NOT what he meant by saying "God is dead". )
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

Arthur Rimbaud

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    loving how you think being right is of any importance. you think he didn't know it was wrong? of what significance is there in you being right? right and wrong go "right" out the window when you're starving. that's a good lesson for you..
    Uh, no, I don't agree at all. Starving is quite different, and that example can't even be compared to this situation. I don't care if he thought what he did was right or wrong. The point is, he did do a wrong, and his circumstances to not lessen the severity of it (sans mental illness where he is unable to tell right from wrong, which I already stated).

And there isn't any significance in me being right. This situation doesn't involve me. The morality right/wrong here external to the individual; personal stance/stake is meaningless.

Probably not. From personal experience...once you get sex for the first time..you calm down a lot.

Like I said, it'll happen again. For the exact same reasons. And we'll all call him out. And then we'll all forget. Very few are really interested in any sort of solution. They're either self interested, or interested in the sensationalism of it all. What's funny in all this is...the guy isn't even wrong. Something is really messed up with this "society" and it's not because of a bunch of shooters. Shooters aren't the disease, they're a symptom to a much bigger problem. The overlooked issue in all this is how this guy kept on throwing the word "God" around like it was nothing.

To borrow from Nietzsche, God really is dead. There's no reason for people to want to be moral anymore.

It should never have happened, it makes me so angry.
    So you are justifying his actions, because you didn't think he was wrong? That's disgusting. Horribly digusting. How can you possibly of any sound rational mind think that what he did was permissible or understood? Murder of others is NEVER justified. The only time it gets a little grey is when an individual murders other and is subjected to a death penalty but that's another discussion. Outside of that, no, it's not ok. Ever.

You're using your own personal experience to extend the reasoning to someone else or the world at large? It doesn't work that way, and it's irrational to think that way. Further (and you've stated it yourself many times in the past) your experiences are different from others. You're an outlier then and your personal experiences couldn't be extended to others easily.

Besides, mass shootings haven't really gone up in frequency that much from how it has been historically (in the US at least). It seems like it's worse because of the prevalence of mass media and speed at which information is spread. It also makes for sensationalist news. This encourages others who may be considering killing others in a public way to do so in a visible manner. In essence, it's under the microscope.

And as I said, all of these "reasons" doesn't make his actions ok. It's simple as that, no two ways about it.

I don't know why I'm trying, there doesn't seem to be any reasoning with you. Also, I hope you're not implying that one needs god (or something similar) to be moral, because that's not the case.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    WILD

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    And as I said, all of these "reasons" doesn't make his actions ok. It's simple as that, no two ways about it.
    Of course, it doesn't. But at least we could understand the causes in order to find preventive solutions.
    Henri Bergson

Arthur Rimbaud

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Of course, it doesn't. But at least we could understand the causes in order to find preventive solutions.
    Oh sure. If I am making it sound like I don't care the reasons behind the why that's not the case. We should learn and understand.

TBH though, I don't think there is a solution to this, not one we could easily implement anyway. Not without severely limiting how others live and be.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    ( PS: That's absolutely NOT what he meant by saying "God is dead". )
    Well, I'd agree. Life isn't supposed to be easy.
    The natural state of humanity does seem to be deprivation.
    It's like the myth of sisyphus. That's life..find happiness from it if you can.
    People get pushed into thinking that if they're not living an ideal life...there's something wrong.
    But...not quite. Life is supposed to challenge you. Anything that's worth it...was supposed to have kept you up at night...giving you fits as to how to go get it.

I just feel bad that some guys give up. I think he gave up...he knew he was going to kill himself..he was just being vindictive. It's a shame...worse too that he felt the need to take others with them. All because of women?

No one asked to live life...it'll come to an end eventually. Some people can't take it. Suicide is like one of the leading causes of death in teenagers to people in their mid 20s? How're you going to take your own life when you've just started it? It's sad it gets to that point. Though, if he really wanted the help, he could've had it. I know...I've used those same resources available to him. And did it help? Well, I'm not dead...I'm not going to kill anyone..and from the outside looking in, people would think I'm doing fine for myself. So, I guess they did. But..you can't really help the helpless. There's not much you can say or do, past a certain point. At the end of the day, at least it seems in my young life, it comes down to self resolve if you are to improve your situation.

If it were up to me...everyone's life would be awesome. Instead, this is what I found...so, I'll just work with it.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I don't know why I'm trying, there doesn't seem to be any reasoning with you. Also, I hope you're not implying that one needs god (or something similar) to be moral, because that's not the case.
    Of course he was wrong in his actions...when I said "he wasn't wrong" I meant in the context of what he had said/alluded to about society and people. If you look around at the way people talk about and treat other people online, and in the world...I can't even fathom.. But, I've made my peace with it, personally.

As for the quoted, that's my real personal interest from the whole situation. What is the case, then?

Sex is not a right. But neither is anything else we need, such as food, water, shelter, these are not "rights" despite the fact we need it more than we do sex in order to surivive. And its not just about sex. Its also about affection, some men simply need to be touched by a woman, to be smiled at... and Im sure most women do understand this, which is why I think this is a good occasion to draw attention to this problem. And its not just many men who cant get laid, there are some women who have the same problem.

And theres another problem. Theres the fact that men have been "lied" to, especially in Western culture, about sex. We are indoctrinated - through media - that sex is something life owes us. I think women might not have this indocrination, which is why they complain about this type of problem less, though I could be wrong about that since Im not a woman. I have heard women say they cant get partners...I havent heard women talk as if life owes them one.

So yeah, I think this is a good oppurunity for society to seriously reconsider some of its values.

MBTI
    INFP

This is nothing new. I mean, i have read forums in my country and even here is men who complain for not getting a woman and that it's their basic right to get sex from them - some even talk in horrible tone that they should be forced to give it. Im affected of our society as well, but in my mind, people should try to make their path on their own and not depend their identity through our current society.

This might be out of the context, but what mbti type you think he was? I could sense that even he was alone he wanted to be with people.
    All the people are crazy; way or another - me
    It's just my avatar, i'm not a scary person - also me