User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    he didn't have a mental illness! he couldn't get laid! there is a huge difference. psychopathic, narcissistic?...[edited] yes, not getting laid will turn a man crazy. ask any man.

you think this is a game? same thing will happen ten years from now, fifty years from now...until we're dead. a sexless man is a dangerous thing. don't play. because we don't. we go to war and kill other men...just for some sex.

that's just the way life is. i wish women would understand...how far a man is willing to go...just for some sex. but they don't. [edited]

sucks that all those people died...that goes without saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I do agree with Xisnotx that sex, or lackthereof, may have been the biggest motivator. We're biologically hardwired to want it A LOT. Sexual deprivation can lead to a lot of repressed aggression in men; however, most men don't use that as justification to inflict violence on women. They're more likely to become a douchebag in other ways, or eventually develop the confidence to attract women.
    Is culture a catalyst, for such and other past senseless, self-centered extremes?
    Last edited by Bellflower; 05-30-2014 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Quote edit
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    Is culture a catalyst, for such and other past senseless, self-centered extremes?
    To some extent, I would have to say it is. These mass shooters are predominantly white, middle-class males in the US. I read a statistic recently that, over the last several decades, the United States has also produced more serial killers than all other countries in the world combined. I don't think guns are to blame, but the values and ideas being cultivated probably play a significant role. Hyper-masculinity is overemphasized in the west. As someone else mentioned in the thread, males are often shamed for expressing emotions or sensitivity. The masculine ideal isn't even human, it's an emotionless robot that never conveys fear/insecurity (more akin to a psychopath than a healthy human being) and the US is reaping the consequences of this indoctrination, in one form or another.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    To some extent, I would have to say it is. These mass shooters are predominantly white males in the US. I read a statistic recently that, over the last several decades, the United Stats has also produced more serial killers than all of the countries in the world combined. I don't think guns are to blame, but the values and ideas being cultivated probably play a significant factor. Hyper-masculinity is overemphasized in the west. As someone else mentioned in the thread, males are often shamed for expressing emotions. The masculine ideal isn't even human, it's an emotionless robot that never experiences fear (more similar to a psychopath than a healthy human being) and the US reaps the consequences of this indoctrination in one form or another.
    This is only what gets reported.

Shootings of this magnitude and far worse occur frequently in the Yemen, Somalia and much of West Africa, and of course, a lot more of this goes unreported than would in the US. I agree that the attitude to men is part of the problem but men act the way we do because we are treated contemptuously if we don't in relationships and everyday life.

The masculine ideal is of someone strong and protective, which is natural. What I dislike is that we are hammered for being upset, stressed over anything, but have to listen to women crying 24/7 and if we don't we are "assholes" and "jerks". Having to internalise everything leads to all sorts of problems.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    i don't think it is really about the sex though. it's about his sense of self, feeling like a man. note that he says he's the "alpha male". it could easily have been not making it on the football team after trying out every year or whatever represented being a big shot compared to his peers. he wasn't in love with any particular woman that we know of. he just wanted to compete with his peers and that is why he wanted the blond sorority girl. for a lot of guys blond sorority girls are considered the biggest catch. he objectified women. he wasn't seeing these blond sorority girls as actual people, just objects to bolster his ego, and when he couldn't get one his sense of self & manhood was completely decimated. it's completely narcissistic. i'm not saying he wasn't lonely but i don't believe for a minute that was the real issue. whether or not narcissism is really a mental illness is a separate issue though.
    having been a 22 year old man in his exact same position...i can tell you it's about sex. at 22 i was a virgin...unsuccessful with women, the whole world seemingly hating me. women, men, everyone. it's so lonely..and it doesn't get better. 24 and i'm still lonely. i went through everyday just trying not to snap. the fact that some guys don't manage not to snap...i'm not surprised. it's a running theme with all these shooters...they were unsuccessful with the women in their lives, and socially ostracized because seemingly the way we act, who they were...isn't acceptable, or something.

it's like...having your genes selected against. men want to pass on their genes because they won't be here anymore. it's a biological need. women making them unable to? well yes...people will die because of it. so, i'm not shocked or surprised. sad that people got in his way? yes. but...and hear this clear...the same thing will happen again, and again, and again...because that is how the world works. you either fuck, or you find yourself fucked. there's no two ways about this.

who the fuck knows, but people get tired of trying to be a certain way and start hating people for trying to force things. i know because i've been motivated to do the exact same thing for the exact same reasons. having been on the brink, then brought back because i finally decided enough was enough and i was going to get laid somehow, from personal experience, it's about sex with young men.

there is nothing that isn't about sex for young men.

[edit]
    Last edited by Bellflower; 05-30-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    If I didn't know any better, I'd say it sounds like you're effectively justifying his behavior, which is COMPLETELY, in every way not excuseable. What he did is wrong, and you can't get much more wrong than that. His "reasons" for why he did it, don't change a darn thing. The only thing that could is if he had a severe mental illness, of which I won't speculate.
    i'm not justifying it. i'm just saying...people are human, you have to understand that. and as long as women treat me like i'm dirt...it is what it is.

let's see. today, i got ignored by two girls. a girl called me creepy. yesterday...more of the same. in the last year i've been called a nigger three times...to my face, by a girl. a girl called my mom a nigger fucker. i've had girls respond to my "hi" with "eww, no".

so, you know what? it what it is. perhaps you stop pushing men...whoever these girls are that do...then perhaps it'll stop. but that won't happen, so it won't stop...because the cold hard fact is, that's the way the world works.

but not every guy is just going to take it in stride, hurt, and brush himself off and move on. so don't expect it...

but the world will continue spinning, the sun will continue rising and we'll all die. so...what the fuck ever..

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    but not every guy is just going to take it in stride, hurt, and brush himself off and move on. so don't expect it...
    Every man will. gtfo.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

This is really a rare glimpse into the mind of a psycho. How many shootings have there been where the shooter made video blogs, or made video blogs that stayed on the internet?

Fascinating, disturbing. But gives the public a small answer of "why?" Cuz he couldn't get laid even though he was clearly "magnificent." God what a spoiled, entitled douchebag POS.

It always boggles my mind that parents can be so clueless as to the mind set of their own children. They're part of the blame here. And this little twerp not reaching out, he could have tried. Or maybe he did, and no one took him seriously. I haven't read all there is.

But if you do make the decision to take your own failings at life and place responsibility on everyone else.... instead of murdering THEM, put that pistol right next to your temple and pull the fucking trigger.

edit: "Rodger's father, a Hollywood director, and his family say they warned cops about disturbing videos weeks before the shooting rampage their son committed near the University of California-Santa Barbara.

Officers interviewed Rodger on April 30 in a welfare check requested by his family, Brown said. Officers concluded he was "polite, courteous" and downplayed any difficulties. "
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

@xisnotx i am sorry you've experienced rejection with the opposite sex. i do mean that. but, no one is entitled to sex. further, everyone has suffered in life to varying degrees. it just doesn't excuse their actions.

peace out.

MBTI
    yupp

OMFG I was a virgin at 23 I didn't feel the need to kill people because I hadn't gotten laid. Everyone gets lonely. If I got lonely enough and I couldn't take it anymore I'd kill myself because one me gone is better than a 20 of you gone

I'm not lonely currently, infact I often wish people would go away.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The conclusion might be misled, but there are valid points:

Why Society Owes Men Sex