User Tag List

First 253334353637 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

And if you look out the left side of car kids, you can see the original topic of the thread about 3 miles away.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    ^You won't get any points for misattributing quotes, that's fer sher.

I didn't intend to misrepresent you. Edited.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    And if you look out the left side of car kids, you can see the original topic of the thread about 3 miles away.
    No, no, this thread is about how men are all scum now.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    No, no, this thread is about how men are all scum now.
    Exactly. It's all women ever really want to talk about anyway.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That was a very on-topic post. The posts that followed it, however, were not.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Exactly. It's all women ever really want to talk about anyway.
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I don't think that's true, but there ARE misandrists lurking.

Anyway, back to the that thing where that kid slaughtered a lot of innocent people......3 2 1 go!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I don't think that's true, but there ARE misandrists lurking.

Anyway, back to the that thing where that kid slaughtered a lot of innocent people......3 2 1 go!
    1. Yes, sarcasm
    2. The misogynists on this forum are much louder and more visible, probbably much more numerous than the misandrist (just as an aside)
    3. As Ivy said, this thread was basically on track. The kid is a symptom, let's discuss the desease. Anything else is just voyeurism
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    1. Yes, sarcasm
    2. The misogynists on this forum are much louder and more visible, probbably much more numerous than the misandrist (just as an aside)
    3. As Ivy said, this thread was basically on track. The kid is a symptom, let's discuss the desease. Anything else is just voyeurism
    2. 1000% agree
    3. true dat, I will try to behave.

The disease is a lone kid that was a perfect storm of self-entitlement, misogyny, aspergers, parents throwing money at him to fix it, along with a father that wasn't around much and a mother that didn't know the meaning of the word, "discipline."

I think this is a pretty isolated incident. Not of misogyny but of all those factors above combined to create the horror that happened.

Honestly, how many lone mass shooters have done something like this because "I just don't understand why these girls are repulsed by me"? I ask because I don't think it's many, and because I actually don't know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I doubt misogyny was the main reason he did what he did, extreme (sexual) jealousy and Narcissistic personality disorder played a huge role. Had he been attracted to men, and his life looking as it did, he would have hated men, as they would be the 'sex objects' he could not reach. He was a very typical extremely unhealthy sexual 3, especially when looking at his manifesto. Just read this: "Level 9: Become vindictive, attempting to ruin others' happiness. Relentless, obsessive about destroying whatever reminds them of their own shortcomings and failures. Psychopathic, murder. Generally corresponds to the Narcissistic Personality Disorder."

In my mind, Asperger played none of it. I'm so sick of seeing aspies getting crap all the time, most of them I've met are really, really nice and misunderstood people not actually wanting to hurt anyone. I thought this much was clear already. However, when reading his manifesto, it's very clear that he was indeed extremely misogynist. And he may have had Asperger. But that was in no way at all the root cause, I think this is more of a lonely people-issue rather than a women's rights issue. Because let's face it, most people desire sex, be it man or woman, and if you're psycho you'll probably get violent if you don't get what you want. I also think he had some sort of love shyness, most people don't seem to notice and care about the loneliness others are forced to endure... but men are in general a lot more violent, yes. I know what I just said is nothing new, but it seems like people forget...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The disease is a lone kid that was a perfect storm of self-entitlement, misogyny, aspergers, parents throwing money at him to fix it, along with a father that wasn't around much and a mother that didn't know the meaning of the word, "discipline."

I think this is a pretty isolated incident. Not of misogyny but of all those factors above combined to create the horror that happened.

Honestly, how many lone mass shooters have done something like this because "I just don't understand why these girls are repulsed by me"? I ask because I don't think it's many, and because I actually don't know.
    Fortunately mass shooters are relatively rare. Acknowledging that this fellow was mentally ill does not negate the role of misogyny. The two causes are not mutually exclusive. The U.S. certainly has its share of misogynists, but even the hard-core among them do not go around shooting up random folks, most of whom aren't even women. We also have the occasional mass shooting/violence, but not all are targeted at women. I seem to remember the Columbine killers going after people who were Christian, for instance. It seems easy for someone who is mentally ill to tap into the prevailing veins of delusion and dissatisfaction in society - whether that be misogyny, racism, gay-bashing, or anything else. Put another way, in a world without gender bias, I suspect this shooter would have just found another axe to grind, and channelled his narcissism in that direction.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...