User Tag List

First 243233343536 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

According to Brittney Cooper, a contributing writer at Salon who also teaches Women's and Gender Studies and Africana Studies at Rutgers University, white privilege and racism is the reason Elliot Rodger went on a killing spree, Truth Revolt reported Tuesday, citing an article she published at Salon.

Source: Rutgers professor blames UCSB killings on white privilege - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^I don't disagree with that. He was pretty much a huge mess of racist and misogynist ideology. Some of it was self-loathing since he was half Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    What is terrorism? If we use the UN's definition: "any act intended to cause death or serious bodily harm to civilians or non-combatants with the purpose of intimidating a population" then I don't really see how you could view it as anything else.
    All women are systematically terrorised by the subset of men who think like Rodgers, by rape culture and by a society that refuses to do anything about sexual violence other than victim-blame, deflect or even celebrate it.
    And there's also the refusal to acknowledge that a rape culture even exists in Western societies, because "it's not as bad as other cultures". The fact that there are still cases where judges can say that the victim invited it in some way, the very fact that this is even a mind-set, points to an existence of rape culture. However, it is dusted under the rug as exceptions.

Apologists.

Why is it that those officers could assess such a damaged individual as a "perfectly polite, kind and wonderful human" ( his own family reported him as being disturbed and dangerous)? Why is it that so often someone has to die before threats of violence against women are acted upon but people who criticise "Western values" are treated as the greatest threat to national security since the collapse of the Soviet Union -despite the fact that misogyny kills more Americans than all forms of religious or political extremism put together? It's so mainstream it barely registers in the consciousness of most people. Why isn't he branded a terrorist? Because the terrorist is an out-group member. The terrorist is the foreign "other". Rodgers may have felt like a misfit, but he was nevertheless very much part of the American mainstream. His ideas weren't radical enough to pay any attention to. You can hear them on every college campus across the country (or the globe, for that matter.)
    The threat to the sense of entitlement is why it is resisted. And American culture is a culture of entitlement.

As long as masculinity is predominately tied to overpowering, it will never really go away.

Why did no one write of Anders Breivik: "But he killed white kids! This has nothing to do with Islamaphobia! He was just crazy! His parents didn't understand him! I relate."
    The court had no problem declaring him sane, despite the pronounced insanity of his views and actions. (Almost no coverage was given in the mainstream press of the extent of his hatred of women either )
    Timothy McVeigh was considered sane enough to be sentenced to death.
    Last year, when two British-Nigerian "Islamic extremists" (one of whom was known to be seriously mentally ill and who subsequently renounced Islam altogether) hacked a member of the armed services to death in the street, no one bemoaned the failure of mental health services - it was universally condemned as a "terrorist act".

Odd. People will accept that all sorts of hateful ideologies kill people, but have some kind of mental block when it comes to this particular one - too close to the bone?
    They're too busy resisting those crazy zealot feminists to hear themselves.

I couldn't read most of that, it would make me ill, but on a more positive note, there was a link in the comments to this piece by one of the growing number of men for whom this seems to have been something of a "road to Damascus" moment:
    Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Misogyny, Entitlement, and Nerds - The Daily Beast
    Here's hoping these voices get loud enough to overpower the rest.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    New Zealand is the only country with an Incitement to Violence law (It was abolished in England). And even then, one person has to incite another one to commit a crime.

You do not disappoint.
    Sadly, you do. I'm afraid you're a little out of date. If you had even begun to understand what you wiki'd, you'd have comprehended that the common law covering Incitement was superseded by more rigorous Acts of Parliament.
    Here, try this one:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_...atred_Act_2006
    Introduced to deal with....? Yep, you guessed it (or perhaps you didn't...), terrorist extremists.
    Similar legislation exists across Europe and many other countries. Check out the Hate Speech wiki (if you genuinely didn't know this already).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Terrorism is also motivated by an ideology. This is why killing terrorists is not a sufficient condition to defeat terrorism. To defeat terrorism it is primarily important to defeat the ideology.
    Exactly. Why this isn't self-evident to otherwise intelligent people is puzzling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Originally Posted by Mole

Terrorism is also motivated by an ideology. This is why killing terrorists is not a sufficient condition to defeat terrorism. To defeat terrorism it is primarily important to defeat the ideology.
    Exactly. Why this isn't self-evident to otherwise intelligent people is puzzling...
    It is puzzling and I don't know the answer. Perhaps it is because we are blind to our own ideology, and somehow this makes us blind to the ideology of others. Perhaps it is because we are not ready to die for our own ideology, so we can't quite believe others are prepared and willing to die for theirs.

Perhaps we are not willing to critique the ideology of others, because we are not willing to critique our own.

It is emotionally painful to critique our own ideology because it causes us cognitive dissonance, we want to be looked after like children in the arms of our ideology.

We think that if we carry out the imperatives of our ideology, we will be looked after.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Researching this stuff is like a riding a rollercoaster from astonishment to hilarity to disgust to hilarity to...fuck knows where.

This is Marvin's story:

#57 Marvin 18 Jan 13

i have always been a mangina and been pro women and pro equality, always. but since women are empowered now all they do is turn the tables and want us good modern men to pay for the mistakes other men have done in the past, although it is not even all true, maybe in islam and christianity women have been opressed, but in almost all other secular and religious cultures women are worshipped. since feminism women have been told that they are better and more intelligent then men, from kindergarden until college. of course they get better grades, if boys are always told that they are stupid and even the teachers give women a pussy bonus. also school is not cool for boys, we have got better things to do. nowadays all women think that they are more intelligent then man, when that is absolutely not the case. fact is on average men are five percent points more intelligent then women, i mean look around you. anyways all i ever wanted is to be truly loved by a women and live a happy life, but it turned out to be impossible, i live in involuntary celibate since six years now, although i am a pretty decent guy. but thats what you get for being a mangina, pro woman and want to respect a woman. suddenly it turns out that women favour the asshole type of guy, again. women don`t know what the fuck they really want. women have ruined the best years of my life. we men entrust all of our deepest secrets only and only to our girlfriends. we have a naturally higher sex drive and can only express our real love by making love to a woman, but it turns out that the next woman that i approach after six years celibacy will tell me to control my sex drive, gimme a brak. women are so stupid, they think men have no feelings. men have a much harder life then women from age 0-64 until they get their pension, of course only if they are still alive at that time. most men are single from age 14-32. most men commit suicide from age 14-32, what an incident. plus we always have got to do all the investment in a relationship, women only have got to spread thei legs. thats why 4 times more men commit suicide then women. if you are not a 10/10 nowadays you are just looked upon by them as a complete troll. since a study has showed that women are much easier influencable then man, they let themselves get manipulated by the media and only want to have mr. perfect now, anyone else is not worth to waste their time on, is needles biologic waste and may die at will. you women can`t even imagine how often i´ve been rejected. i have severe psychological illnesses that even express in physic illnesses all because of you women. women have missed me. although we could have lived such a beautiful life together. also women drive men to commit crimes. i hate women

"Welcome, Marvin, thanks for sharing."

Researching this stuff is like a riding a rollercoaster from astonishment to hilarity to disgust to hilarity to...fuck knows where.

This is Marvin's story:

#57 Marvin 18 Jan 13

i have always been a mangina and been pro women and pro equality, always. but since women are empowered now all they do is turn the tables and want us good modern men to pay for the mistakes other men have done in the past, although it is not even all true, maybe in islam and christianity women have been opressed, but in almost all other secular and religious cultures women are worshipped. since feminism women have been told that they are better and more intelligent then men, from kindergarden until college. of course they get better grades, if boys are always told that they are stupid and even the teachers give women a pussy bonus. also school is not cool for boys, we have got better things to do. nowadays all women think that they are more intelligent then man, when that is absolutely not the case. fact is on average men are five percent points more intelligent then women, i mean look around you. anyways all i ever wanted is to be truly loved by a women and live a happy life, but it turned out to be impossible, i live in involuntary celibate since six years now, although i am a pretty decent guy. but thats what you get for being a mangina, pro woman and want to respect a woman. suddenly it turns out that women favour the asshole type of guy, again. women don`t know what the fuck they really want. women have ruined the best years of my life. we men entrust all of our deepest secrets only and only to our girlfriends. we have a naturally higher sex drive and can only express our real love by making love to a woman, but it turns out that the next woman that i approach after six years celibacy will tell me to control my sex drive, gimme a brak. women are so stupid, they think men have no feelings. men have a much harder life then women from age 0-64 until they get their pension, of course only if they are still alive at that time. most men are single from age 14-32. most men commit suicide from age 14-32, what an incident. plus we always have got to do all the investment in a relationship, women only have got to spread thei legs. thats why 4 times more men commit suicide then women. if you are not a 10/10 nowadays you are just looked upon by them as a complete troll. since a study has showed that women are much easier influencable then man, they let themselves get manipulated by the media and only want to have mr. perfect now, anyone else is not worth to waste their time on, is needles biologic waste and may die at will. you women can`t even imagine how often i´ve been rejected. i have severe psychological illnesses that even express in physic illnesses all because of you women. women have missed me. although we could have lived such a beautiful life together. also women drive men to commit crimes. i hate women

"Welcome, Marvin, thanks for sharing."
    What is interesting is that these are not original ideas. They are ideas expressed many times and copied many times, so they constitute an ideology.

So the important thing is to critique the ideology. What is its provenance: where does it come from, what is its origin? Whose interests does it serve? And who does it demonise?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

^I don't disagree with that. He was pretty much a huge mess of racist and misogynist ideology. Some of it was self-loathing since he was half Chinese.
    IMHO it's not so much that Rogers was racist or misogynistic but rather that his ego viewed himself as superior to nearly everybody else, but reality always bit him in the ass & very likely caused Rogers to also develop a severe inferiority complex which drove his hatred for everybody rather than merely minority groups.
    Rogers own manifesto is repeatedly indicative that since the age of 9-10 years, he desperately sought validation from others & was highly jealous of others that received attention from which he so desperately sought.
    See: My Twisted World
    "By nature, I am a very jealous person, and at the age of nine my jealous nature sprung to the surface. During playdates with James, sometimes he would have other friends over as well, and I would feel very jealous and upset when he paid more attention to them. Feeling left out, I would find a quiet corner and start crying. My mother and Kim were very understanding, and did the best they could to console me. On the rare occurrence that my mother would have Maddy and Mo over for dinner, or if we would go to visit them at their house, Maddy often played with my little sister Georgia instead of me, and this too made me jealous. I remember all the times I cried when this happened.
    Jealousy and envy… those are two feelings that would dominate my entire life and bring me immense
    pain. The feelings of jealousy I felt at nine-years-old were frustrating, but they were nothing compared to how I would feel once I hit puberty and have to watch girls choosing other boys over me. Any problem I had at nine-years-old was nirvana compared to what I was doomed to face."

IMHO it's more likely that Rogers was born screwed up, the early childhood neglect from family & abuse from peers brought on the onset of mental illness at a very early age. By his early 20s Rogers had developed severe NPD, hated belittling men more than uninterested women & wanted to eliminate all sex between men & women. Rogers lifelong lack of "supreme being" validation caused him to become consumed with jealousy, imho his ranting upon so-called MRA sites was merely Rogers seeking validation from whining bitches that he actually hated more than the women they all downed.

LOL it's laughable that so many politicians, feminists & media prefer to spin the tragedy & ignore the cause just so long as the sensationalized bulls--t furthers their agenda.

Considering the ratio of men vs women victims, misogyny ought to be out the window in favor of resurrecting asylums run by the V.A. & overseen by Hillary (Whitewater) Clinton. LOL?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

As said by deluded person Marvin the genius not Salome:

fact is on average men are five percent points more intelligent then women
    I'm trying to work out what that measurement is and whether or not I can improve my points with extra credit.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^You won't get any points for misattributing quotes, that's fer sher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    What is interesting is that these are not original ideas. They are ideas expressed many times and copied many times, so they constitute an ideology.

So the important thing is to critique the ideology. What is its provenance: where does it come from, what is its origin? Whose interests does it serve? And who does it demonise?
    Yes. It's so generic that I'm still not entirely convinced it's not a piss-take. One wonders how anyone with "Marvin the Mangina's" level of self-awareness could survive to adulthood without repeatedly walking into windows or swallowing his tongue.

Still, it's as perfect a rendition of the "woe-is-me" script of the average "incel" as I've seen.
    (Probably because they're all reading chapter and verse from the first book of the Bible of the MRA penned by High Priest of Misogyny, white supremacist and all round nice guy, F Rodger Devlin. )

It's not even necessary to unpick the "arguments" of these fellas to discredit them. One simply has to quote them.
    But easy as they are to mock, it would be a mistake to write them all off as identikit, disaffected, poorly-educated mouth-breathers.

In the more "elite" corners of the "manosphere" there are scores of pseudo-intellectual woman-haters putting the finishing touches to their own "final solution" to the problem of women owning their own bodies. Take a look (Warning: you need a strong stomach, this material is HIGHLY offensive) at this piece titled "Lycanthropy". Once again the subjugation of women is intimately bound up with white supremacist / anti-Semitic ideology.
    After discussing the desirability, nay necessity of White man-on-woman rape, we have this chilling prophecy:

"The new breed on the way, the Castilian wolf, will apply a sort of triage towards White women. It will be informal, ad hoc, but will seek to separate healthy White women from the tainted. After having killed off his immediate nigger, brown and Jew competitors; after securing a deep territory, the Castilian warrior must cull the pool of White women. He must discover which has had willing sexual contact with non‐White men, especially niggers. Those who have will be killed, expelled, or sold. Convinced, egalitarian, pro‐mixer White women are likely to be STD‐infected, and must be culled."

Eerie echoes of Elliot Rodger's "concentration camp" fantasy in which he tortures and starves womenkind to death.

Apparently Hitler is also "required reading" for the MRA elite.
    Yet feminists are the "Nazis"...
    Pity they didn't read what Robert A Johnson wrote about owning your own shadow.

In the UK, there is a call to reclassify violence against women as hate crime. (Currently gender isn't considered part of a person's identity by the Home Office - unless transgender - whereas race, religion, disability and sexual orientation are.)
    Because logic.

Violence against women continues to be associated exclusively with "domestic" violence, revealing an almost wilful ignorance and hesitance on the part of government and law enforcement to address organised misogyny. We call these "crimes of passion". We don't even have a word for the crime that is committed when someone sets out to kill or maim a stranger for no other reason than (cis) gender. And that's important, because when we don't have the words, it doesn't get talked about and isn't understood. We just insult the disabled by calling such killers "insane", despite the fact that people with mental health issues are far more likely to be the victims than perpetrators of crime. It's a shambles and a disgrace.

The SPLC (a civil rights NGO in the US) does include the Men's Rights Movement with its call to arms for a "WAR ON WOMEN" amongst the hate groups it monitors.

Rodger's sums up his ideology and motivation for mass murder thus:
    "One day incels will realize their true strength and numbers, and will overthrow this oppressive feminist system.

Start envisioning a world where WOMEN FEAR YOU.
    " (caps his)

If that's not terrorist talk, I'm a mangina.

As for what is at the heart of this latest and most aggressive version of the oldest game in town, it's about power, it's ALWAYS about power, and it's the same backlash of the backward that always occurs whenever they realise someone has noticed their bastions of privilege are built upon the sand.

Yesterday, a man was convicted of murdering his ex-wife by pouring a can of petrol over her and setting her on fire. He claimed it was "self-defence", which, given the self-pitying inner narrative of such men, he probably believed. (CCTV showed the act was both premeditated and unprovoked.)
    A policeman interviewed about the crime said: "People shouldn't be alarmed. This is an incredibly rare event." Like she'd been struck by an asteroid or something. Simpleton. At least two woman are killed by a (current or ex) partner every week in the UK alone. The method is hardly the most relevant feature of this story. But hey, "don't be alarmed or anything...because we sure as hell don't care."

When reported in the nation's most popular rag, it merited only the tiniest space on the front page, more than half of which was taken up with the devastating news that a boy band member had flu, but sang anyway. Phew! There was a smaller headline about another singing muppet who once said "the "N" word". And a sizeable number of inches devoted to "shaming" a "mum" who head-butted someone and lost her job as a result.
    It's impossible not to read the message loud and clear: "domestic" violence doesn't matter: "Don't be alarmed".
    So what should we be alarmed about, Mr Newspaperman?
    "Domestic Terrorism", apparently. "The MOST important problem facing us today".
    Specifically, the "Islamist" and "Northern Irish" variants. You know, the kind that has killed as many people in the UK in the last decade as bee stings.
    Still, brown people and those bloody bees bordering on extinction are a "constant" menace to white men as well as women, so... Be Alarmed! Be very fucking alarmed.