User Tag List

First 16242526272836 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Psych 101 is down the corridor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Because it failed to deliver for him. He was an active member of the PUA "community"...if that's not a contradiction in terms.
    He was against the PUA community.

Not just their bodies. Their "adoration".
    Wrong on both counts. "Sour grapes" (as you describe it) is the opposite of entitlement.

Naturally. That's what you get when you mix sour grapes with male sexual disgust. It's textbook (inferior Se).
    It's textbook? Really? I thought the human mind was more complex than that, but I guess you have it all figured out.

Using your reasoning, there should be hundreds of rampages like this every day. The world is full of sexually frustrated, "sour grapes" men and all men believe they own women's bodies.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Psych 101 is down the corridor.
    I'm good, enjoy the class!
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...I'm surprised no one has blamed his toxic persona on an overindulgent mother yet.
    Actually... I've seen people on other forums and in the news suggesting that very thing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned

If this outcome is as likely to be repeated as you suggest, surely we should be pre-emptively locking up all those men who remain virgins into their twenties to protect ourselves from their "inevitable" vindictive rage, no? Or maybe we should just shoot them all - put them out of their misery, save the taxpayer some money?

What differentiates your 'mark my words, women will pay' terrorist rhetoric from the narcissist in the videos, exactly?

And yes, he's a terrorist. (Will people please stop suggesting that a lay diagnosis of "Asperger's" has anything to do with this atrocity. It's sickening. Since when was obsession with status a characteristic of ASD anyway?)

There's no question that he's a 24-carat narcissist, which is the relevant factor in this case, and a PD like narcissism is notoriously unresponsive to treatment. He should have been locked up under anti-terrorism legislation or sectioned, at the very least. My guess is he wasn't brown enough. And, sadly, not all that exceptional.
    Look, I've said some things that in hindsight I shouldn't have said...I was reacting along with everyone else...just trying to make sense of the situation. I guess I value understanding over vindictiveness...though he does deserve all the spite being thrown his way, I just don't see how it helps anything. I rather understand him by exploring the social and psychological factors than hate him. But, that's just me.

I'm far from drug addled..I drink&smoke occasionally, and I have a past history with drugs...but no more than what is normal for anyone my age.

I don't hate women. I find them frustrating and confusing at times...but that's because I far from hate them..

However, I think you'll find that the sentiment he expresses...though not commonly acted upon in the way he did...isn't as uncommon as you'd like to think. Like I've said elsewhere...if you in no way can relate to the feelings he expresses in the video...of despair and loneliness and apathy...then you should count yourself among the lucky. Mind, I've not watched anything more than the video...I don't see sense in giving him anymore attention than what is necessary..

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry for what I've written. It came from a place of non judgement, rather from a place of attempted understanding.

I see you've labeled him a terrorist. That's the difference between you and me. I'm not interested in labeling him anything. He's a terrorist, and that changes what exactly?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    He was against the PUA community.
    He was against everyone.

Wrong on both counts. "Sour grapes" (as you describe it) is the opposite of entitlement.
    Lol. It's hard to imagine anyone more "entitled". And sour grapes is exactly the right term:
    "An expression originating from "The Fox and the Grapes," one of Aesop's Fables. It refers to making a false pretense to form a rationalization, i.e., not to care for something one wants, but does not or cannot have."

Using your reasoning, there should be hundreds of rampages like this every day. The world is full of sexually frustrated, "sour grapes" men and all men believe they own women's bodies.
    You're not using my reasoning at all. I made no reference to "all men" (though it took you no time flat to invoke the NOT ALL MEN trope. ) Nor did I list the factors that conspire to create these tragic events. So that's disingenuous.

As for hundreds of rampages every day - there ARE THOUSANDS of rapes and violent attacks on women. EVERY DAY. So I guess, using your reasoning, that must mean all men believe they own women's bodies, eh?
    Here. Educate yourself. When Women Refuse

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    I rather understand him by exploring the social and psychological factors than hate him. But, that's just me.
    Yeah. I have no desire to understand him. What you were doing was excusing him and identifying with him. It was a far from dispassionate analysis of social and psychological factors. If you recognise any part of him in yourself, your priority should surely be to root that shit out, given what can happen when it escalates. Instead you choose to issue veiled threats to women. Not acceptable.

I'm far from drug addled..I drink&smoke occasionally, and I have a past history with drugs...but no more than what is normal for anyone my age.
    I was merely responding to what you wrote about yourself.

However, I think you'll find that the sentiment he expresses...though not commonly acted upon in the way he did...isn't as uncommon as you'd like to think.
    You misread me. I never said it was uncommon...quite the reverse.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry for what I've written. It came from a place of non judgement, rather from a place of attempted understanding.
    Yes. That's the problem. More judgement is needed.

He's a terrorist, and that changes what exactly?
    It changes everything. If his misogyny were recognised as the hate crime it is, if the authorities had taken his violent fantasies seriously, instead of dismissing him as just another frustrated young man, lives would have been saved.

Instead, sick fucks create Facebook sites lauding Rodgers as an "American hero", and encouraging other "invcels" to follow his example of taking revenge on women - and Facebook say it doesn't violate their "community standards". Neither do your threatening, hateful remarks towards women violate the "community standards" here, it seems. Which tells you pretty much all you need to know about the "social and psychological factors" at play.

How does your approach change anything, exactly?

Permabanned

How does your approach change anything exactly?
    If I felt you were genuinely interested in knowing my response to this and not just determined to shout "you're wrong!" over the internet to a man, any man, because you feel as you should...confused and hurt...I might've responded.

As it is, I'll just say stress is bad for you.

But, never have I once excused his behavior. The more spiteful side of me is secretly glad he's dead...but I don't like that thought, so I'll concentrate my mind elsewhere.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm genuinely interested and not at all hurt and confused. The hurt and confusion is your own. You appear to want to view yourself as a victim of "cruel" women instead of acknowledging the fact that a lack of permanent sexual fulfilment is a near universal condition. That's your prerogative, I guess. But it's not going to improve your life or your relationships with women.

Doesn't it strike you as a little bit "off" that you'll perform all manner of contortions to try to "understand" and "sympathise" with and "not judge" a homicidal maniac but you have "no sympathy for the women who drove him to it"? 'Cos that strikes me as quite a bit off and if your alarm bells aren't a-ringing they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    @xisnotx, what is the argument here? that sexual rejection is emotional abuse?

here's a more prominent question: what about people (male and females) who rejected him as a friend? going by the first 2 video's (please correct me if there's contradicting information later on), he doesn't only complain about not getting laid, he complains about having no real bonds at all, nothing, nada. not a single friend. i don't know who could stay sane in such a state, in fact arguably if he did have friends he would have probably developed the ability to form emotional bonds that could potentially get him to connect with woman even without much "game" if any... wouldn't that have served a much larger role in changing the outcome?

I read almost 120 pages of that 140 page manifesto.

He did have friends. Neighborhood/elementary schools peers at first, his parents' friends' kids, etc. They used to hang out, have play dates, go places, play video games, etc. Eventually, though he got jealous that they were getting lucky while he wasn't and alienated them, or he creeped them out with his megalomaniacal rantings about how women are evil and black men are ugly and why weren't they all bowing to such a magnificent Eurasian gentleman, etc.

This little shit even said he wanted to kill his kid brother because said brother was, by the sound of it, a sweet sociable kid.

MBTI
    WILD

Instead, sick fucks create Facebook sites lauding Rodgers as an American hero, and encouraging other "invcels" to follow his example of taking revenge on women and Facebook say it doesn't violate "community standards". Which tells you pretty much all you need to know about "social and psychological factors".
    Predictable.

The problem with incitement to violence is that nothing can be done before individuals - by clearly encouraging to take action - are suggesting this is imminent.
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

C'est faux de dire: Je pense : on devrait dire : On me pense.
    It is wrong to say: I think. One should say: I am thought.
    Arthur Rimbaud