User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 362

  1. #231
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    On a semi related note, "PUA" industry gets a lot of hate (often deserved), but at least they are making some effort to 'fix' guys - and sometimes it works. Better than shaming them for having needs that they can't find a way to fulfill.

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    No. It never works.Here's why.

    I think Rasofy was saying it helps some guys. And I agree. If you're saying it never works for guys in general, I disagree.


    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    The problem wasn’t Rodger’s lack of “Game.” It was his lack of humanity.[/i]
    Pertaining to Rodger and PUA, I do agree with this. Is it possible that if he had learned something and gotten laid, he might not have become so embittered? Maybe. But my guess is even if he managed that, it wouldn't be long before the lady would have found him odd and creepy and bailed. Bringing him back to square one, or worse.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  2. #232
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    I found it pretty disgusting that within a day or two of the shooting, some PUA guys were saying that it wouldn't have happened if he'd used their services.

  3. #233
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    Elliot Rodger was anti-PUA. Lots of feminists are claiming he felt entitled to women's bodies. The opposite is actually true. He felt unworthy. He was anti-sex and resented the fact that he had a sex drive because it could not be satisfied. In his imagined utopia, there would be no sex. All reproduction would be done through artificial insemination (according to his manifesto).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  4. #234
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I found it pretty disgusting that within a day or two of the shooting, some PUA guys were saying that it wouldn't have happened if he'd used their services.
    Yeah, "Picking up Chicks saves lives!"
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  5. #235
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,932

    Default

    I have an important exam this Sunday, so I'll avoid reading comments that I suspect to be hostile and/or mean-spirited for now (may or not be the case, I really haven't read yet).

  6. #236
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    @xisnotx, what is the argument here? that sexual rejection is emotional abuse?

    here's a more prominent question: what about people (male and females) who rejected him as a friend? going by the first 2 video's (please correct me if there's contradicting information later on), he doesn't only complain about not getting laid, he complains about having no real bonds at all, nothing, nada. not a single friend. i don't know who could stay sane in such a state, in fact arguably if he did have friends he would have probably developed the ability to form emotional bonds that could potentially get him to connect with woman even without much "game" if any... wouldn't that have served a much larger role in changing the outcome?

  7. #237
    Senior Member Nara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    WILD
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    @xisnotx, what is the argument here? that sexual rejection is emotional abuse?

    here's a more prominent question: what about people (male and females) who rejected him as a friend? going by the first 2 video's (please correct me if there's contradicting information later on), he doesn't only complain about not getting laid, he complains about having no real bonds at all, nothing, nada. not a single friend. i don't know who could stay sane in such a state, in fact arguably if he did have friends he would have probably developed the ability to form emotional bonds that could potentially get him to connect with woman even without much "game" if any... wouldn't that have served a much larger role in changing the outcome?
    Thing is, in his case: if he did have the ability to form emotional bonds (instead of waiting passively for people's devotion as a reward for his "lordliness"), he'd probrably have had friends.
    /fixed
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

    C'est faux de dire: Je pense : on devrait dire : On me pense.
    It is wrong to say: I think. One should say: I am thought.
    Arthur Rimbaud

  8. #238
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    3,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Thing is, in his case: if he did have the ability to form emotional bonds (instead of waiting passively for people's devotion as a reward for his "lordliness"), he'd probrably have had friends.
    /fixed
    What are you argueing, that some people are "doomed" to not be able to establish relationships?

    Certainly, some are better at it than others, but everyone can learn to estbalish social relations to some degree.

  9. #239
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    He had friends. Most of them broke ties with him because he kept talking about scary shit like taking over the planet and imprisoning or killing all the women.

  10. #240
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,774

    Default

    I sometimes don't like people a lot of the time. I tolerate them. just because I rather not know of their existence doesn't give me the right to kill them. I've never been in a relationship, am I owed a relationship? no.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

Similar Threads

  1. How much is the support of MBTI in this forum being explained by..
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 04:01 AM
  2. [INFJ] In Tune with Thoughts, Confused by Feelings
    By CuriousFeeling in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 08:44 PM
  3. Google cars drive by themselves in traffic
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 09:41 PM
  4. [NF] How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
    By GirlFromMars in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 07:10 PM
  5. So Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment this afternoon.
    By swordpath in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 02:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO