User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    On a semi related note, "PUA" industry gets a lot of hate (often deserved), but at least they are making some effort to 'fix' guys - and sometimes it works. Better than shaming them for having needs that they can't find a way to fulfill.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    No. It never works.Here's why.

I think Rasofy was saying it helps some guys. And I agree. If you're saying it never works for guys in general, I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    The problem wasn’t Rodger’s lack of “Game.” It was his lack of humanity.[/i]
    Pertaining to Rodger and PUA, I do agree with this. Is it possible that if he had learned something and gotten laid, he might not have become so embittered? Maybe. But my guess is even if he managed that, it wouldn't be long before the lady would have found him odd and creepy and bailed. Bringing him back to square one, or worse.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I found it pretty disgusting that within a day or two of the shooting, some PUA guys were saying that it wouldn't have happened if he'd used their services.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Elliot Rodger was anti-PUA. Lots of feminists are claiming he felt entitled to women's bodies. The opposite is actually true. He felt unworthy. He was anti-sex and resented the fact that he had a sex drive because it could not be satisfied. In his imagined utopia, there would be no sex. All reproduction would be done through artificial insemination (according to his manifesto).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I found it pretty disgusting that within a day or two of the shooting, some PUA guys were saying that it wouldn't have happened if he'd used their services.
    Yeah, "Picking up Chicks saves lives!"
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I have an important exam this Sunday, so I'll avoid reading comments that I suspect to be hostile and/or mean-spirited for now (may or not be the case, I really haven't read yet).

Society

@xisnotx, what is the argument here? that sexual rejection is emotional abuse?

here's a more prominent question: what about people (male and females) who rejected him as a friend? going by the first 2 video's (please correct me if there's contradicting information later on), he doesn't only complain about not getting laid, he complains about having no real bonds at all, nothing, nada. not a single friend. i don't know who could stay sane in such a state, in fact arguably if he did have friends he would have probably developed the ability to form emotional bonds that could potentially get him to connect with woman even without much "game" if any... wouldn't that have served a much larger role in changing the outcome?

MBTI
    WILD

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    @xisnotx, what is the argument here? that sexual rejection is emotional abuse?

here's a more prominent question: what about people (male and females) who rejected him as a friend? going by the first 2 video's (please correct me if there's contradicting information later on), he doesn't only complain about not getting laid, he complains about having no real bonds at all, nothing, nada. not a single friend. i don't know who could stay sane in such a state, in fact arguably if he did have friends he would have probably developed the ability to form emotional bonds that could potentially get him to connect with woman even without much "game" if any... wouldn't that have served a much larger role in changing the outcome?
    Thing is, in his case: if he did have the ability to form emotional bonds (instead of waiting passively for people's devotion as a reward for his "lordliness"), he'd probrably have had friends.
    /fixed
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

C'est faux de dire: Je pense : on devrait dire : On me pense.
    It is wrong to say: I think. One should say: I am thought.
    Arthur Rimbaud

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Thing is, in his case: if he did have the ability to form emotional bonds (instead of waiting passively for people's devotion as a reward for his "lordliness"), he'd probrably have had friends.
    /fixed
    What are you argueing, that some people are "doomed" to not be able to establish relationships?

Certainly, some are better at it than others, but everyone can learn to estbalish social relations to some degree.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

He had friends. Most of them broke ties with him because he kept talking about scary shit like taking over the planet and imprisoning or killing all the women.

MBTI
    yupp

I sometimes don't like people a lot of the time. I tolerate them. just because I rather not know of their existence doesn't give me the right to kill them. I've never been in a relationship, am I owed a relationship? no.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so