User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    virgin killer
    lol I hope he's infuriated by this name.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This unfair, and irrational. Saying not supporting strict gun laws means you support murder is nothing more than emotional pleading BS.
    My biggest thing is how it is so easy that someone so mentally disturbed, with reports to the police by his own parents and a social worker, can go bun a gun, hell 3 of 'em. Probably could have bought an Assault rifle.

I just think the background check should be more than "Was in a mental institution," which is what it pretty much is now. The Viginia tech shooter, as well, teachers had reported "disturbing" stories, in a writing class. Yet he legally purchased a 9mm Glock 19 and a Walther P22. A Virginia judge in December 2005 deemed Cho "an imminent danger to himself because of mental illness" and ordered outpatient treatment. He didn't go. But still. Shit, shouldn't that be on file?
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    My biggest thing is how it is so easy that someone so mentally disturbed, with reports to the police by his own parents and a social worker, can go bun a gun, hell 3 of 'em. Probably could have bought an Assault rifle.

I just think the background check should be more than "Was in a mental institution," which is what it pretty much is now. The Viginia tech shooter, as well, teachers had reported "disturbing" stories, in a writing class. Yet he legally purchased a 9mm Glock 19 and a Walther P22. A Virginia judge in December 2005 deemed Cho "an imminent danger to himself because of mental illness" and ordered outpatient treatment. He didn't go. But still. Shit, shouldn't that be on file?
    What solution do you propose that doesn't make it even more difficult to be a shooting enthusiast than it already is?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    What solution do you propose that doesn't make it even more difficult to be a shooting enthusiast than it already is?
    Oh not much, just maybe mentioning on your background file that a judge ordered you to attend outpatient treatment because he thought you were a danger to yourself and others.

Instead, it's "A danger to yourself and others?? Here's your guns!! Enjoy!"

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Oh not much, just maybe mentioning on your background file that a judge ordered you to attend outpatient treatment because he thought you were a danger to yourself and others.

Instead, it's "A danger to yourself and others?? Here's your guns!! Enjoy!"
    What background file?

How do you determine who should never be allowed to own firearms?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

What background file?

How do you determine who should never be allowed to own firearms?
    You are aware that when you buy a gun, they have to do a point of sale National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

When Judges and licensed therapists deem that you are dangerous and disturbed, I think that should be included in the System.

People that have expressed explicit desire to harm others should not be allowed to own firearms.

I guess you think the system is fine just the way it is.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

You are aware that when you buy a gun, they have to do a point of sale National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
    I've had to submit the form 6 times, so yes, I am aware.

When Judges and licensed therapists deem that you are dangerous and disturbed, I think that should be included in the System.
    What kind of disturbed or dangerous qualifies? How crazy do you have to be?

People that have expressed explicit desire to harm others should not be allowed to own firearms.
    So does that one time when you told your buddy that the world would be better off without that one asshole you don't like in it count?

I guess you think the system is fine just the way it is.
    I think mental health services should get better at deeming, who is actually dangerous and who just needs a zoloft once a day.

And I think those who pose the greatest danger to themselves and others should be remanded to institutional care the way they used to be.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I've had to submit the form 6 times, so yes, I am aware.
    6 times? Wow, good for you.

What kind of disturbed or dangerous qualifies? How crazy do you have to be?
    I believe when therapists find an email with a manifesto claiming their patient is going to go on a murderous rampage, perhaps, and call me crazy here, that therapist should call the police. In fact, I believe they're required to, when death threats against others or themselves are mentioned. This brilliant therapist did not.

"It was Friday night when Elliot Rodger's mother got a call from her son's therapist that he had emailed a ranting manifesto about going on a deadly rampage."

"Rodger's father, a Hollywood director, and his family say they warned cops about disturbing videos weeks before the shooting rampage their son committed near the University of California-Santa Barbara"

Good job police! Though I'm not an LEO so I don't know if they flooded with these calls. Still, there was video blogs, and lots of other VERY disturbing evidence.

As in the Virginia Tech Massacre, Seung-Hui Cho displayed numerous infractions, stalking co-eds, was warned by the police more than once. Teachers found disturbing stories about him killing others. Therapists thought he was dangerous and reported it to the police.

Actually a report concluded that the school's mental health systems "failed for lack of resources, incorrect interpretation of privacy laws, and passivity."

So does that one time when you told your buddy that the world would be better off without that one asshole you don't like in it count?
    Yes absolutely. If you ever say, "Man I hate that guy, he's such a douche, I hope he gets in car accident," you should definitely report that person to the police (sarcasm). Get real.

I think mental health services should get better at deeming, who is actually dangerous and who just needs a zoloft once a day. And I think those who pose the greatest danger to themselves and others should be remanded to institutional care the way they used to be.
    I agree with you there. Cho, and this kid, should have been placed in institutions, mandatory. Which WOULD have been on the (NICS).

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

6 times? Wow, good for you.

I believe when therapists find an email with a manifesto claiming their patient is going to go on a murderous rampage, perhaps, and call me crazy here, that therapist should call the police. In fact, I believe they're required to, when death threats against others or themselves are mentioned. This brilliant therapist did not.

"It was Friday night when Elliot Rodger's mother got a call from her son's therapist that he had emailed a ranting manifesto about going on a deadly rampage."

"Rodger's father, a Hollywood director, and his family say they warned cops about disturbing videos weeks before the shooting rampage their son committed near the University of California-Santa Barbara"

Good job police! Though I'm not an LEO so I don't know if they flooded with these calls. Still, there was video blogs, and lots of other VERY disturbing evidence.

As in the Virginia Tech Massacre, Seung-Hui Cho displayed numerous infractions, stalking co-eds, was warned by the police more than once. Teachers found disturbing stories about him killing others. Therapists thought he was dangerous and reported it to the police.

Actually a report concluded that the school's mental health systems "failed for lack of resources, incorrect interpretation of privacy laws, and passivity."

Yes absolutely. If you ever say, "Man I hate that guy, he's such a douche, I hope he gets in car accident," you should definitely report that person to the police (sarcasm). Get real.

I agree with you there. Cho, and this kid, should have been placed in institutions, mandatory. Which WOULD have been on the (NICS).
    I'm fine with a check on all commercial sales. As far as private sales are concerned, I believe in being able to sell a gun to my friend over cash and a handshake. The same way I can sell a car to him. The same way I can sell anything that I own.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm fine with a check on all commercial sales. As far as private sales are concerned, I believe in being able to sell a gun to my friend over cash and a handshake. The same way I can sell a car to him. The same way I can sell anything that I own.
    You'd be okay with private firearms sales being regulated like automobile sales, with every firearm having a title?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."