User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Possibly he saw them as competition?
    In reading his "manifesto," that seems to be a big part of it. He was hugely jealous of men who could fuck women easily when he wasn't able to fuck "pretty blondes."

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    In reading his "manifesto," that seems to be a big part of it. He was hugely jealous of men who could fuck women easily when he wasn't able to fuck "pretty blondes."
    Yes, that was the impression I got from my brief read. Although even his shortish video demonstrates it.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

He's got a lot of magical thinking going on (the lottery stuff). And he was hugely obsessed with social status. Apparently he killed his roommates not because they were fucking beautiful women, but because they were nerds who didn't even have the decency to try to climb the social ladder. I think he hated everyone, not just women, but he certainly thought of women as chattel that he was not being allowed access to.

Edit: actually he killed his roommates to secure his apartment as a torture chamber for phase 1 of his plan, but he had also previously complained about them being nerds who didn't even care enough about social status to be ashamed of being nerds. And also Asian- he was a huge racist too, which is doubly sad since he was half Asian himself.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Yes, that was the impression I got from my brief read. Although even his shortish video demonstrates it.
    You're assuming his roommates were more "successful".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Its what he said, and most likely what he thought, but the comparison of this guy's feelings to an ordinary perosn's jealousy is innaccurate, because he obviously was a sociopath, not influenced by normal standards of rivalry between males.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This unfair, and irrational. Saying not supporting strict gun laws means you support murder is nothing more than emotional pleading BS.

Making something illegal or strict won't stop it. If gun violence does go down, another form of violence will go up. This has been pointed out earlier and in other threads. There will always be violence, and if one way of preforming it is removed, another will emerge. The issues with guns in the US is not a problem of guns, but a problem of culture. That can't be easily changed (if at all).

I do support the notion of reexamining gun laws, and if it can be done properly, to recalibrate how things are done. On a personal level I want there to be much stricter laws, but I am doubtful they'd actually do what its intended to do. In reality though, it's not that important. As I said earlier, gun violence seems to be far worse of a problem than it actually is due to media microscope attention. There's much more pressing issues in the world at the moment. I'm quite sick of all of the gun stores in the news (from either side of the aisle) personally.
    Yeah, pretty much.

California already has the strictest gun laws overall in the US. It really got started with Roberti-Roos in 1989, and since then there have been more gun control laws passed than you could shake a stick at. The crime statistics for the last 25 years do not show a corresponding pattern of improvement. IIRC, the level of gun crime in California is similar to that of Texas.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    yupp

the only way you're going to even begin to attempt to control gun violence is to stop the production of them for sale to the public, perhaps the military even. but that's never going to happen.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    As of yesterday, after they found 3 more bodies stabbed to death in the kid's apartment, plus the 3 other bodies he stabbed, 6 of 9 of Rodger's victims were killed with a knife.
    he stabbed to death his 3 roommates and fatally shot 3 others, the two sorority girls, & the guy whose dad has been in the press. he also shot & injured others and ran over people with his car.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You're assuming his roommates were more "successful".
    Well success is debatable in its definition, but I see your point. Might have to engage in some magical thinking of my own and suggest that maybe he thought they didn't deserve to live because they weren't making an attempt to better themselves when he had been through the turmoil he perceived in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Its what he said, and most likely what he thought, but the comparison of this guy's feelings to an ordinary perosn's jealousy is innaccurate, because he obviously was a sociopath, not influenced by normal standards of rivalry between males.
    Well yes, after reading through his record a bit more I actually realised the extent of both his ostracised position as he saw it and more so the sheer delusion that eventually consumed him.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    he stabbed to death his 3 roommates and fatally shot 3 others, the two sorority girls, & the guy whose dad has been in the press. he also shot & injured others and ran over people with his car.
    Ok, yeah you're right. I had misread it as "3 additional."
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.