User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I find it interesting that this violent misogynist would kill more men than women.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Men are more prone to externalize when women usually internalize (they experience twice the rate of depression as men).
    It's probably due to the level of testerone/estrogen.

But I think there are some other factors, women are also conditioned to hide their aggressivity so they'll express it preferably in a psychological and twisted/subtle way, while physical aggressivity is more toletared from men (I should say "was" since our societies have adopted feminine values).

Ah, I just found this and it confirmed my intuition:

In Mental Illness, Women Internalize and Men Externalize | Women Develop Anxiety, Depression; Men Become Antisocial, Alcohol-Dependent | LiveScience
    Men are also less likely to report experiencing anxiety and depression, or seek help because of the stigma and shame associated with being weak. That's probably why men are more prone to substance abuse, as a means of self-medicating, and in some cases, antisocial behavior. Depression in men often manifests as anger, which is a more acceptable emotion for men to express because it is deemed strong. Men commit suicide at a much higher rate than women, as well.

I've heard people say that western society has adopted more feminine values, but I'm not exactly sure in what capacity. Maybe it's because I tend to view attitudes and behaviors for what they are rather than labeling them as masculine or feminine. I see plenty of obnoxious women being belligerent and verbally hostile, more frequently than men to be honest; and if they were men it would most likely lead to a physical altercation, but they use their gender as a free pass to be confrontational, knowing that it violates the "man code" to hit a woman. I would call that antisocial behavior, as well, but if it doesn't lead to a physical assault then it's never reported as a crime or legally classified as antisocial behavior.

Interestingly, many of these mass shooters don't seem to typify the overtly aggressive male or one who tries to socially dominate others to feed his ego. A lot of them don't have criminal records and are considered nice, friendly people, until they unload all of their repressed rage onto society. I can't help but to think that our male gender roles are playing a much bigger factor than testosterone or other biological factors in cultivating these personalities.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Damn insightful short video about irrresponsible news coverage of a similar situation like this in Germany:

Quote:

"and three days later even worse footage [in an arm wrestling contest], pixelated where it looked like a broadcast from the f******* Lego dimension....

yeah I think if I squint I can just about make out the face of a killer. Isn't the news brilliant? Repeatedly showing us a killer's face isn't news it's just rubbernecking.

What's more this sort of coverage only serves to turn this murdering little tw** into a sort of nihilistic pinup boy."

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I find it interesting that this violent misogynist would kill more men than women.
    Women is only one factor/variable. There are bigger variables involved. I would say it is not necessarily the variable of misogyny solely but a set of variables that triggered it.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

The problem with legal prostitution is that it contributes to human trafficking.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    I don't think prostitution will solve everything but it might be a good resolution for certain disabled people who can't or are unable to get laid. And I mean sincerely here. Even some governments pay for the disabled person's prostitute:

A 'man of 21 with learning disabilities has been granted taxpayers' money to fly to Amsterdam and have sex with a prostitute.

His social worker says sex is a 'human right' for the unnamed individual - described as a frustrated virgin.

His trip to a brothel in the Dutch capital's red light district next month is being funded through a £520million scheme introduced by the last government to empower those with disabilities.

They are given a personal budget and can choose what services this is spent on.
    The man's social worker, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said his client was an 'angry, frustrated and anxious young man' who had a need for sex.
    'He's planning to do more than just have his end away - he's having a holiday,' he said.
    'He has been to two sexual health and sexual awareness courses and basically wants to try it.
    'The girls in Amsterdam are far more protected than those on UK streets. Let him have some fun - I'd want to.
    'Wouldn't you prefer that we can control this, guide him, educate him, support him to understand the process and ultimately end up satisfying his needs in a secure, licensed place where his happiness and growth as a person is the most important thing?

'Refusing to offer him this service would be a violation of his human rights.'

Paying for sex is not illegal but soliciting sexual services, kerb crawling and paying for sex with women who have been coerced into prostitution is.

The social worker added: 'Who says he can't do what he wants? We can't place restrictions on a young man who wants to experience the world.'

The trip emerged in data from Freedom of Information requests which revealed that many councils are using the money from the government's Putting People First scheme to pay for prostitutes, visits to lap dancing clubs and exotic holidays.

Another man who has a brain injury has even had sex work built into his council care package.

This is designed to teach him to become sexually 'self-reliant' after his wife left him and took all their money.

It has increased his confidence and restored his faith in women, care workers said.

Critics yesterday said the use of taxpayers' money to fund sex trips abroad as 'deeply worrying'.

In Greater Manchester and Norfolk, social care clients have used their payments for internet dating subscriptions.

In one year, a man from Norwich who suffers mental health problems received a holiday to Tunisia, a subscription to an internet dating site, driving lessons and expensive art materials.

This was on top of state benefits. He claimed he needed 'some time out, some rest and a change of scenery' after a mental breakdown.

He also argued that a break in Tunisia with a friend was cheaper than a week in institutional care.
    A survey by The Outsiders and TLC Trusts - groups which campaign for the sexual rights of people with disabilities - found most local authorities said they did not 'condone' transfer of their funds to pay for sex.
    But of 121 councils who responded, 97 per cent said they had no offical policy on the topic.
    Instead, they left decisions to the discretion of their social workers and junior managers.
    Nevertheless, 53 per cent of the councils were said to have a strategy that 'explicitly empowered' disabled people to pursue their sexual aspirations.
    Neil Coyle, director of policy at Disability Alliance, said most people with disabilities did not want or expect the state to pay for sexual services.
    'Public bodies don't exist to find people sexual partners,' he said.
    'When people go to councils for help, they are looking for essential services to maintain some level of dignified existence - help to dress and wash.'
    Matthew Elliot, chief executive of The Taxpayers' Alliance, said: 'Many taxpayers will be appalled and offended that money intended for social care has been used in this way.
    'What's more, it's deeply worrying that this scheme has been so vulnerable to these abuses.
    'It's essential that where public funds are involved, there are the sort of checks and balances in place that prevent money being wasted in this way.'
    But Liz Sayce, chief executive of disability network Radar, agreed with the social worker the desire for sexual relations was a matter of human rights.
    Cases involving payments should be carefully examined on a 'case by case' basis, she added.

A Department of Health spokesman said: 'Money allocated through Putting People First should be used by councils to help people to live independently.'

Source: Councils pay for disabled to visit prostitutes and lap-dancing clubs | Mail Online

At the very least, even if you don't agree with the funding or act of paying for a disabled person's prostitute, prostitution itself shouldn't be illegal or should be legalized. The government doesn't have a right to say what women can or cannot do with their bodies.
    Now that is what I call progressive thinking.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    Women is only one factor/variable. There are bigger variables involved. I would say it is not necessarily the variable of misogyny solely but a set of variables that triggered it.
    Right, like the fact that he knew that the media would make him famous. He secured his legacy through violence.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Possibly he saw them as competition?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Possibly he saw them as competition?
    Doubtful. I think he just didn't value human life in general, but misogyny is supposedly the real problem here.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Doubtful. I think he just didn't value human life in general, but misogyny is supposedly the real problem here.
    Well it can still be misogyny, but seeing his 'manifesto' it appears he had a larger issue with regards to what he believed he deserved and those who weren't deserving included both men & women.

The devaluing of human life works as a general observation though.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.