User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    If one agrees that men not getting sex results in disharmony and that, in principle, it's everyone's duty to keep society cohesive, then it's perfectly possible to defend that sex is a right of sorts. Doesn't have to be free of costs though. Ultimately, it usually isn't.

I'm a lawyer, ya know.
    "If one agrees that men not getting sex results is disharmony..." That's all I agreed with. Everything after, is hogwash.

It's also perfectly possible to defend that everyone should wear condoms on their head instead of hats.

I'm some guy, ya know.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    You realize that Aspergers is a developmental disorder and not a mental illness, right?
    Thank you.

Society

If one agrees that men not getting sex results in disarmony and that, in principle, it's everyone's duty to keep society cohesive, then it's perfectly possible to defend that sex is a right of sorts. Doesn't have to be free of costs though. Ultimately, it usually isn't.

I'm a lawyer, ya know.

before we start arguing to introduce prostitution-stamps into the welfare package, wouldn't he have the option of, you know.. illegal prostitution? i mean he didn't exactly care to apply for the legal schoolshooting permit. while we're at it, if it was just about sex, wouldn't rape (traumatizing one person for life) be less terrible and probably less public then murdering or permanent maiming a dozen (and destroying many people's lives)?

If one agrees that men not getting sex results in disarmony and that, in principle, it's everyone's duty to keep society cohesive, then it's perfectly possible to defend that sex is a right of sorts. Doesn't have to be free of costs though. Ultimately, it usually isn't.

I'm a lawyer, ya know.
    "Since it's everyone's duty to keep society cohesive, you're basically obligated to give me all the money in the counter lest I go home, get my gun and start shooting people in the street."

Yes, one can argue that sex is a right. But it would be stupid. It'd be nothing more than extortion, like the scenario I described above, and would absolve people from personal responsibility.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Society View Post
    before we start arguing to introduce prostitution-stamps into the welfare package, wouldn't he have the option of, you know.. illegal prostitution? i mean he didn't exactly care to apply for the legal schoolshooting permit.
    Yes, indeed. I was 'defending' the Return of Kings article, not the shooter. To say one thing is a right doesn't excuse one to kill innocent people if that right isn't granted.
    while we're at it, if it was just about sex, wouldn't rape (traumatizing one person for life) be less terrible and probably less public then murdering or permanent maiming a dozen (and destroying many people's lives)?
    Tricky question, but I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    You realize that Aspergers is a developmental disorder and not a mental illness, right?

Also, precisely which mental illnesses do you believe should disqualify someone from owning a gun?
    you're right. my mistake about asperger's. i wasn't suggesting that certain diagnoses should be disqualified from owning guns but rather if someone is posting youtubes of wanting to kill others (giant red flag) AND they are known to have a major mental illness or developmental disorder which may tend toward violence or the individual has a violent background (potential red flag) AND they are stockpiling guns & ammo (big ole red flag) then maybe their guns & ammo should be removed from them asap. it's more about looking at individual cases and noting when things are lining up to that perfect storm of mass murder. i'm just throwing out an idea. not interested in some big debate on gun control.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    "Since it's everyone's duty to keep society cohesive, you're basically obligated to give me all the money in the counter lest I go home, get my gun and start shooting people in the street."

Yes, one can argue that sex is a right. But it would be stupid. It'd be nothing more than extortion, like the scenario I described above, and would absolve people from personal responsibility.
    I don't see which right you'd be demanding, and I mentioned that killing innocent people isn't justified when a right isn't being granted.

In a nutshell, my idealistic side wants society to teach creepers not to be creepers, so that they are able to find love (and sex). Wouldn't solve all the problems of the world, but would be a pretty good start. Perhaps I should have mentioned that before.

Anyways, I gotta study. Peace.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

That kid was gross. I have sympathy for people with Aspergers, but come on now...I won't ever let someone use that as an excuse. They DO know the difference between right and wrong especially at that age.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx

Quote Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
    you're right. my mistake about asperger's. i wasn't suggesting that certain diagnoses should be disqualified from owning guns but rather if someone is posting youtubes of wanting to kill others (giant red flag) AND they are known to have a major mental illness or developmental disorder which may tend toward violence or the individual has a violent background (potential red flag) AND they are stockpiling guns & ammo (big ole red flag) then maybe their guns & ammo should be removed from them asap. it's more about looking at individual cases and noting when things are lining up to that perfect storm of mass murder. i'm just throwing out an idea. not interested in some big debate on gun control.
    Guess what happened to the guy from the video...

Quote Originally Posted by From his autobiography
    After only a week passed since I uploaded those videos on Youtube, I heard a knock on my apartment door. I opened it to see about seven police officers asking for me. As soon as I saw those cops, the biggest fear I had ever felt in my life overcame me. I had the striking and devastating fear that someone had somehow discovered what I was planning to do, and reported me for it. If that was the case, the police would have searched my room, found all of my guns and weapons, along with my writings about what I plan to do with them. I would have been thrown in jail, denied of the chance to exact revenge on my enemies. I can’t imagine a hell darker than that. Thankfully, that wasn’t the case, but it was so close.
    Apparently, someone saw my videos and became instantly suspicious of me. They called some sort of health agency, who called the police to check up on me. The police told me it was my mother who called them, but my mother told me it was the health agency. My mother had watched the videos and was very disturbed by them. I don’t suppose I’ll ever know the full truth of who called the police on me. The police interrogated me outside for a few minutes, asking me if I had suicidal thoughts. I tactfully told them that it was all a misunderstanding, and they finally left. If they had demanded to search my room… That would have ended everything. For a few horrible seconds I thought it was all over. When they left, the biggest wave of relief swept over me. It was so scary. It was all because of the videos. I must have expressed too much anger in them. I immediately took most of them off of Youtube, and planned to reupload them a few days before the Day of Retribution.
    This incident made me realize that I needed to be extra careful. I can’t let anyone become suspicious of me. All it takes is for one person to call the police and tell them that they think I’m going to perpetrate a shooting, and the police will be coming to my door again, demanding to search my room. For the next few days, I felt extremely fearful that they could show up anytime. I kept one of my handguns with a few loaded magazines near me just in case such a thing did happen. If they did show up, I would have to try to quickly shoot them all and escape out the back window. I would then have to perform a hasty mockery of my plans, with the police on my tail. That will ruin everything. Thankfully, all suspicion of me was dropped after I took down the videos from Youtube, and the police never came back.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6 sx/sp

LOL! My opinion of him remains the same.
    Tritype 6-9-4 Sp/Sx