User Tag List

Ginkgo

Default Cops Can Now Search Your Car Without a Warrant in PA.

Cops can now search your car without a warrant in Pa.

The state Supreme Court ruled last week that police are allowed to search vehicles without a warrant. The state General Assembly, meanwhile, is moving forward with a bill that would give cops the authority to arrest people caught with “secret compartments” in their vehicles, even if there is nothing illegal in those suspicious containers.

How easy or difficult is it for cops to lie about probable cause?
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    How easy or difficult is it for cops to lie about probable cause?
    As easy as driving while black.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post

The state Supreme Court ruled last week that police are allowed to search vehicles without a warrant. The state General Assembly, meanwhile, is moving forward with a bill that would give cops the authority to arrest people caught with “secret compartments” in their vehicles, even if there is nothing illegal in those suspicious containers.
    The more ridiculous laws they make...the less you have to follow them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

So wait. My Dodge Caravan has Stow & Go. I've used it to hide Christmas presents from my kids.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Eh, they could do this already anyways on highways and interstates, this only applies to city roads. It's the national standard. Needing a warrant just means you have to sit there longer while they get a judge to sign one.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

That would be the least of my concern, it's not even near being within the same ballpark as police recently stopping a line of vehicles, holding the vehicle occupants (including young children) at gunpoint. Then removing them from the vehicles while aiming shotguns at their head, handcuffing them (including young children) & illegally detaining them for hours.
    Make no mistake; the fed/state government doesn't respect the rights of citizens & they're militarizing police tactics without regard for consequences.

Lawsuit: Police Detain Dozens Of Innocent Citizens At Gunpoint

BTW: If you're working through a problem or two with a mental health professional, don't admit to feeling depressed or to having ever thought about suicide. If so you're rights go out the window, you may be forcibly arrested & carted off to the "Rubber Room" for evaluation. If police find (or plant) a bag of weed within your residence you may be charged with a crime & convicted because they had reasonable cause to conduct a search/seizure of your residence.
    Court Says Police Allowed To Kidnap Gun Owners With No Warrant

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I saw this on reddit earlier today. The title (as always it seems) is rather alarmist. Several lawyers commented about the story stating that this really isn't anything new. The idea of "probable cause" is already nebulous at best. They can cite "odd behavior" (whatever the hell that might be), as a reason and back it up if they want. All this does is make things a little more explicit. As such, the klaxon siren going off isn't really needed. It is something to pay attention to.

There seems to be a huge pushback against this apparent "police state" forming in this country, and quite frankly I don't see it. I'm very anti-alarmist when it comes to politics and unless something gets out as a loud and major problem issue I don't regard it as worth fretting over much. Yes, this is concerning, and I do not like it. But, I get why it is passed, and I get why it was done. It's sort of a naiive attempt to allow police to thwart crimes that are based off a hunch, which sometimes can be helpful. Sadly, it seems to do more harm than good most of the time. It may be for a good cause, but it doesn't make it right.

What I took away from this was: alarmist journalism at it's best. How trite. NEXT!
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    As easy as driving while black.
    I see.

Fuck this law, then.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INTP

GDR is back.