User Tag List

First 123 Last

And she was forced to give birth in jail, with her legs chained.

Heinous

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This would be a welcome shift in position.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/05...d-report-says/

The Sudanese woman sentenced to death earlier this month after refusing to renounce her Christian faith will reportedly be freed in the next few days.

A foreign ministry official told the BBC that Meriam Ibrahim, 27, is guaranteed religious freedom in the country, despite a judge's earlier ruling that she should be hanged for apostasy.

Ibrahim gave birth to a girl early Tuesday at a prison clinic in Omdurman, near Khartoum, one of her attorneys told FoxNews.com by phone.

She also faces 100 lashes for adultery – for being intimate with her husband, Daniel Wani, who fled to the United States as a child to escape the civil war in southern Sudan, but later returned.

International outrage against Ibrahim’s sentence has grown significantly in recent weeks, as more than a million people signed online petitions protesting the sentence. One such effort on Change.org has garnered more than 630,000 signatures as of Friday, and Amnesty International officials have characterized the punishment doled out by a judge to be a “flagrant breach” of international human rights law. It’s also a violation of Sudan’s own Constitution, according to the State Department...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Great news. I suspect some government probably bribed the Sudanese government, but it's well worth it.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Then again...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/30/world/...stasy-husband/

Khartoum, Sudan (CNN) -- Sudan's foreign ministry denied published reports that a woman sentenced to death for refusing to renounce her Christian faith is expected to be released.

Foreign ministry spokesman Abubakar Al-Sidiq said that he is not aware of any plans to release Mariam Yahya Ibrahim before a ruling from an appeals court.
    Ibrahim was condemned to die by hanging after she declined to profess she is a Muslim, the religion of her father. Sharia law considers her a Muslim and does not recognize her marriage to a Christian. She is unlikely to change her mind despite giving birth in prison, says her husband Daniel Wani, who also is a Christian.

Some Western media outlets have reported that Ibrahim would be released in a few days, but her husband said that only the appeals court could free his wife.
    "I'm not aware that any release is imminent," Wani told CNN.

Technically, the president of Sudan cannot pardon her, so the judiciary might be the only way out for the government, which is coming under increased international pressure to release Ibrahim...

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Yeah, I read about that. Heartbreaking, piss-me-off kinda stuff. There was another incident like that a few years back, and I could only hope that she had gone unconscious quickly; I don't know which hurts worse, the stoning or that people you thought were your family were the ones hurting you. Both are horrific.

Someone on my FB Friends list actually posted the pictures of the two Indian low-caste girls hung from a tree after being gang-raped. I'm pissed both over that inhumanity + that they're dead and someone stole even that from them to make news and get passed around the Internet... although at the same time it makes it real for people and might shock them to their senses as to what is happening in the rest of the world (if you're here in the US).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, I read about that. Heartbreaking, piss-me-off kinda stuff. There was another incident like that a few years back, and I could only hope that she had gone unconscious quickly; I don't know which hurts worse, the stoning or that people you thought were your family were the ones hurting you. Both are horrific.

Someone on my FB Friends list actually posted the pictures of the two Indian low-caste girls hung from a tree after being gang-raped. I'm pissed both over that inhumanity + that they're dead and someone stole even that from them to make news and get passed around the Internet... although at the same time it makes it real for people and might shock them to their senses as to what is happening in the rest of the world (if you're here in the US).
    What the bloody hell is wrong with people in this world?! Don't they have any sympathy/pity?
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I think it's best that that stuff gets circulated. Awareness.

Maybe there's rape culture, maybe there's not (I think I just prefer the term "misogynistic culture"), and every society has to deal with their own problems, but shit like this......I'm almost speechless. Like people think it's bad here? yeesh. Take a look there.

AMAZING NEW PRODUCT!!!! The RapeAxe, straight outta the rape epidemic in South Africa.

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    they're doing it wrong

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

KHARTOUM, Sudan (AP) — A Sudanese woman on death row for apostasy had her sentence canceled and was ordered released by a Khartoum court on Monday, the country's official news agency reported.

SUNA said the Court of Cassation canceled the death sentence against 27-year-old Meriam Ibrahim after defense lawyers presented their case. The court ordered her release.

Ibrahim, whose father was Muslim but who was raised by her Christian mother, was convicted of apostasy for marrying a Christian. Sudan's penal code criminalizes the conversion of Muslims to other religions, a crime punishable by death.

Ibrahim married a Christian man from southern Sudan in a church ceremony in 2011. As in many Muslim nations, Muslim women in Sudan are prohibited from marrying non-Muslims, though Muslim men can marry outside their faith...
    Sudan to release woman on death row for apostasy - Yahoo News