First 345

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    If you really believe this there's no point me arguing with you any longer...
    Let's put it this way: Germany is a national state with sovereignity, Tibet is not. Why would a left wing party argue for the "freedom of Germany"? At most they can argue for freedom from american influence, and they've been doing this for decades.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Really? The nobility may have done, but they formed a small proportion of the population. Everyone else pretty much kept to themselves
    Yes, because people lived far apart from each other and the means of communication were slow, so you mostly came into contact with people from your village. But in places where populations of different ethnicities easily came into contact due to geographical proximity, intermarriage was common - I have mentioned the border between friuli, kaernten and slovenia, I could equally mention the urban areas of south tyrol or today's switzerland.
    OTOH, of course a marriage between a Norwegian and an Egyptian will be ridden with difficulties - their cultures of origin are very different.

Anyway, I do enjoy the fact that cultures are different all over europe, but I think it's a bit far-fetched to think that say the culture of the Czech Republic is very different from the culture of Niederoesterreich just because the inhabitants of the former speak a different mother tongue from those of the latter.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp