User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    How do we minimise suffering and maximise "happiness"?
    We start by redefining "happiness" to peace of mind and work our way from there
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    people don't want to
    Depends on the person.

There are people who are certainly willing to fight for their rights and freedoms - others do not.

But you cant generalize, as thats not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    We start by redefining "happiness" to peace of mind and work our way from there
    So we should just ignore problems? Im sorry if Im not reading you right, but it seems that thats what you're suggesting, ignore problems, until we get peace of mind from ignorance.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Depends on the person.

There are people who are certainly willing to fight for their rights and freedoms - others do not.

But you cant generalize, as thats not fair.

So we should just ignore problems? Im sorry if Im not reading you right, but it seems that thats what you're suggesting, ignore problems, until we get peace of mind from ignorance.
    Yes I can. Nothing is ever fair. If you think things can be fair then you're wrong. the best you can hope for is you are satisfied with where you are currently in life and that your needs are being met. Don't measure life in fairness, you'll never be satisfied
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Yes I can. Nothing is ever fair. If you think things can be fair then you're wrong. the best you can hope for is you are satisfied with where you are currently in life and that your needs are being met. Don't measure life in fairness, you'll never be satisfied
    Huh? I was saying that your judging everyone as being indifferent to problems is unfair, I wasnt talking about "life".

Besides, do you ever agree with anything I say? Sometimes I feel like every response you make to me is a contradiction, like you never strive for mutual agreement.

MBTI
    yupp

Huh? I was saying that your judging everyone as being indifferent to problems is unfair, I wasnt talking about "life".

Besides, do you ever agree with anything I say? Sometimes I feel like every response you make to me is a contradiction, like you never strive for mutual agreement.
    you just misread me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

you just misread me.
    Perhaps I do, but I was just stating my impressions.

MBTI
    yupp

Perhaps I do, but I was just stating my impressions.
    feel free to do so.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

feel free to do so.
    Id rather just get back on topic, tbh.

Though Im still not 100 percent sure what that is.

Id rather just get back on topic, tbh.

Though Im still not 100 percent sure what that is.
    Perhaps if it was made mandatory for people in rich countries (in some statistical sense) to do service for a year or so in countries with severe poverty and political unrest.

As a substitute for military service for those who wanted and with some preparatory training at home. UN could perhaps provide some reasonable protection for them?

I know at least two people in my circle of friends that came back from a similar journey with entirely different point of views. To get a perspective. To find happiness in helping others instead of seeking deeper and deeper into the self.

We are the ones that survived through the ages - by chance, cunning, love, strength, egoism, intelligence, altruism etc. And some evil in the mix too.

I don't do anything about it at the moment. I avoid and pass by beggars on the street without even looking them in the eyes and giving them a smile. If they become insistent I become even more avoidant. Happened today. In the end I gave them two cigarettes from a package I just bought instead of money since they wouldn't stop. How altruistic of me.

Edit: Oh, and they could set up teams of 2x16 with two from each MBTI slot so that they could cover up for each other's "flaws" with some redundancy. I think we need some help in bringing out the best in each other
    Last edited by Geonat; 05-24-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Geonat View Post
    Perhaps if it was made mandatory for people in rich countries (in some statistical sense) to do service for a year or so in countries with severe poverty and political unrest.

As a substitute for military service for those who wanted and with some preparatory training at home. UN could perhaps provide some reasonable protection for them?

I know at least two people in my circle of friends that came back from a similar journey with entirely different point of views. To get a perspective. To find happiness in helping others instead of seeking deeper and deeper into the self.

We are the ones that survived through the ages - by chance, cunning, love, strength, egoism, intelligence, altruism etc. And some evil in the mix too.

I don't do anything about it at the moment. I avoid and pass by beggars on the street without even looking them in the eyes and giving them a smile. If they become insistent I become even more avoidant. Happened today. In the end I gave them two cigarettes from a package I just bought instead of money since they wouldn't stop. How altruistic of me.

Edit: Oh, and they could set up teams of 2x16 with two from each MBTI slot so that they could cover up for each other's "flaws" with some redundancy. I think we need some help in bringing out the best in each other
    How did I know, before reading your self-typing that this post was written by an INFJ?