User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do You Believe Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life Has Visited Our Planet?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 16.67%
  • Probably

13 18.06%
  • It's 50/50

7 9.72%
  • Probably not

22 30.56%
  • No

18 25.00%
First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Anyway, as I said I would be doing:

@highlander:

Are you familiar at all with this event?

This was one of the biggest pieces of news regarding UFOs that came out over the last 5-7 years, and actually got more press coverage than just about anything else on the topic.

I've brought this interview up at times, and only once or twice has anyone actually been aware of it.

Most, though, have not.

There are many other interviews with this NASA astronaut, as well as others, since this recording, in which they've essentially said, "Yes, there is intelligent extraterrestrial life, it has indeed visited our planet, and we are actually in contact with them."

As I said before, tho, we are so awash in information, there is so much being thrown at us these days, and most people barely have time to sort through even 0.1% of it, that a lot of stuff just slips right by, and people don't even notice.
    I was not aware of that. It's pretty interesting stuff.

I don't keep up with the news very well, so I'm sure there is a lot of stuff that I'm missing.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I don't keep up with the news very well, so I'm sure there is a lot of stuff that I'm missing.
    Very few people do.

Growing up, every morning I'd wake up, go to the breakfast table, and the whole newspaper would be laid out, section by section.

My father would be sitting there, having been awake since 2, 3, 4 in the morning, having completed a 5-mile run.

He also would have read the entire newspaper by the time I got down there.

I would then read the paper, and discuss what was going on with him.

I did this basically since I was 8 or 9 yrs old.

It turned me into a major news, politics, economics, and finance junkie.

When I graduated from college, I became a research analyst.

Thus, it became a major part of my career to keep up with the news, and what is happening in the world.

As someone who did this for years, decades, really, I will tell you, it puts you in a whole different world than what most people are living in.

Even people who kinda keep up with what's going on, by comparison, really have no idea what they're talking about.

I was once asked what publications I read by a girlfriend of a friend who had sent something I wrote to her.

When I listed everything out, I realized I subscribed and regularly read more than 50 publications, I believe.

Unfortunately, by comparison, I'm relatively out of the news cycle at the moment, and I absolutely hate the feeling.

Permabanned

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Highlander, here's another disclosure conference, from a year ago, that gained significant press:

I've actually never even watched this one til now (but I heard about it when it happened).

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Wow, I've only watched the first 6 minutes of this, but so far it's actually really good:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Growing up, every morning I'd wake up, go to the breakfast table, and the whole newspaper would be laid out, section by section.

My father would be sitting there, having been awake since 2, 3, 4 in the morning, having completed a 5-mile run.

He also would have read the entire newspaper by the time I got down there.

I would then read the paper, and discuss what was going on with him.

I did this basically since I was 8 or 9 yrs old.

It turned me into a major news, politics, economics, and finance junkie.

When I graduated from college, I became a research analyst.

Thus, it became a major part of my career to keep up with the news, and what is happening in the world.

As someone who did this for years, decades, really, I will tell you, it puts you in a whole different world than what most people are living in.
    That's an incredible story. Wow. Not to go on a tangent here but how do you think it affects your worldview vs. others.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    That's an incredible story. Wow. Not to go on a tangent here but how do you think it affects your worldview vs. others.
    I'm way more informed.

Which then can be very frustrating.

Because people will try to argue about issues, and I simply know that they have no idea what they're talking about.

I have mountains of evidence that basically contradict, fly in the face of, and destroy what they're saying.

It has, at times, led me to be very frustrated and angry.

It can be rather lonely and isolating.

Since the spring of 2004, I was predicting that the biggest recession since the Great Depression was coming in ~5 yrs.

My family got so sick of me talking about it, I was banned from doing so at holiday gatherings (when we'd usually see each other).

Of course, when I started working in the stock market, I completely saved my father's portfolio (he pulled all his money out the month before the crash, as he and my mother were leaving for a trip to Russia, the Baltic, and Eastern Europe for several weeks, and I told him I had a really bad feeling about the market [they went on that trip in August '08, and the market tanked in September {hilariously, I'd completely forgotten about this, but was reminded of it during a recent business meeting with one of his former colleagues}]).

I had already put all my money into long-dated goverment bonds back in Dec '07 (the peak of the market).

That ended up being the best performing asset class in '08 (and one of only two [cash being the other] that experienced positive returns).

So, there are definitely benefits to it.

But the costs are basically isolation and loneliness, as few other people are in the head space you are.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Wow, I've only watched the first 6 minutes of this, but so far it's actually really good:

I watched Coneheads again after watching this. It put a new spin on it for me, that Dan Aykroyd thought it was so obvious that we'd been visited by aliens that it was comical. I like how he concludes the video. Part of it's poetic and another part he says it's time to stop wondering if we've been visited and move on to the next steps. Seems INTJish that he makes a definite conclusion and is ready to move to the next step.

Most videos have more proof, imo, but this one was more enjoyable.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    Seems INTJish that he makes a definite conclusion and is ready to move to the next step.
    I've actually usually seen him typed as INTJ