User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do You Believe Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life Has Visited Our Planet?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 16.67%
  • Probably

13 18.06%
  • It's 50/50

7 9.72%
  • Probably not

22 30.56%
  • No

18 25.00%
First 67891018 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I watched clips 4 and 5. If I were an advanced alien species with a superior craft sent to observe humankind, I'd mess with them in a similar fashion in the accounts mentioned in the clips. I'd follow their airplanes and spacecraft and make my presence known and I'd scare the shit out them because that's fun. I'm not sure that any earthly military would permit pilots of secret craft to do the type of stuff that UFOs are known to do, so I'm leaning more towards these UFOs being alien craft.
    Yeah, the way I see it, sometimes they might be detected because they're having malfunctions (Phoenix Lights?), but often times they seem to be intentionally trying to make their presence known.

I don't believe we've been visited by intelligent life from other worlds. The available evidence is unconvincing to me, especially considering the bar set by the sheer improbability of those events.

Much like I believe about those who report religious visions, ghosts, or other supernatural phenomena, I think people who report sighting UFOs have had real experiences. But that's different from accepting the explanation of those experiences, which I do in varying degrees for these phenomena. In the case of UFOs, I find it much easier to believe more mundane theories like secret government programs. In fact, governments (or any Earth-bound source responsible for what we call UFOs) would likely find speculation about aliens quite useful and encourage it.

Considering that other intelligent life somewhere in the universe is highly likely, it's certainly possible that we've been visited. I'm just not convinced that we have.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't believe we've been visited by intelligent life from other worlds. The available evidence is unconvincing to me, especially considering the bar set by the sheer improbability of those events.

Much like I believe about those who report religious visions, ghosts, or other supernatural phenomena, I think people who report sighting UFOs have had real experiences. But that's different from accepting the explanation of those experiences, which I do in varying degrees for these phenomena. In the case of UFOs, I find it much easier to believe more mundane theories like secret government programs. In fact, governments (or any Earth-bound source responsible for what we call UFOs) would likely find speculation about aliens quite useful and encourage it.

Considering that other intelligent life somewhere in the universe is highly likely, it's certainly possible that we've been visited. I'm just not convinced that we have.
    Did you watch those black box recording videos?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Clinton on UFOs:

Permabanned

I don't understand the argument people claim who think UFO's are "too far away" or "It is highly unlikely" to visit earth. These arguments only pertain to the technological advances and ideas we as humans acquired over the span of our own life time not the universes life time. There are beings out there who could easily be thousands or millions of years ahead of us technologically. For us 100 light years away is too far and thus "unlikely" for anything to come and visit us. Our time here as a human race and our technological advances are so miniscule compared to the rest of the universe you can't even hold a handle against it thus you are a fool to convince yourself certainly that aliens have not visited earth.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I don't understand the argument people claim who think UFO's are "too far away" or "It is highly unlikely" to visit earth. These arguments only pertain to the technological advances and ideas we as humans acquired over the span of our own life time not the universes life time. There are beings out there who could easily be thousands or millions of years ahead of us technologically. For us 100 light years away is too far and thus "unlikely" for anything to come and visit us. Our time here as a human race and our technological advances are so miniscule compared to the rest of the universe you can't even hold a handle against it thus you are a fool to convince yourself certainly that aliens have not visited earth.
    The Origin of Species told us how we got here. And told us our place in the web of life.

We are in fact a large multi-celled animal and the history of Natural Selection tells us the evolutionary life span of large multi-celled animals is short.

And as intelligent life in the universe would also be a large multi-celled animal, their evolutionary life span would also be short.

So our chances of meeting another large multi-celled animal from another part of the universe is about zero.

No, our desire to meet other intelligent life is religious quest as old as religion.

Religion has told us there are supernatural beings, and guess what - we look for them in the sky.

But so far the evidence shows us where natural beings come from, while there is no evidence whatsover for even the existence of supernatural beings.

But still we long to meet them, and so we imagine them.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post

But so far the evidence shows us where natural beings come from, while there is no evidence whatsover for even the existence of supernatural beings.

But still we long to meet them, and so we imagine them.
    If by supernatural you mean extraterrestrial life there is a lot of evidence for that and even if you don't believe the evidence to be true it has shown to be strong regardless.

Permabanned

We are in fact a large multi-celled animal and the history of Natural Selection tells us the evolutionary life span of large multi-celled animals is short.

And as intelligent life in the universe would also be a large multi-celled animal, their evolutionary life span would also be short.

So our chances of meeting another large multi-celled animal from another part of the universe is about zero.
    Where do you come to this conclusion that their life spans are short? Life on this planet has been evolving for millions of years and it only continues to grow in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    If by supernatural you mean extraterrestrial life there is a lot of evidence for that and even if you don't believe the evidence to be true it has shown to be strong regardless.
    No extraterrestial life has been discovered anywhere in the universe. Not by SETi. Not by astronomers. Not by biologists. Not by anybody.

So the belief in extraterrestial life is a matter of faith.

Permabanned

No extraterrestial life has been discovered anywhere in the universe. Not by SETi. Not by astronomers. Not by biologists. Not by anybody.

So the belief in extraterrestial life is a matter of faith.
    How do you know this for sure? Have you done any research on the subject? The only thing you know is that nothing has been reported by the United states government.