User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do You Believe Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life Has Visited Our Planet?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 16.67%
  • Probably

13 18.06%
  • It's 50/50

7 9.72%
  • Probably not

22 30.56%
  • No

18 25.00%
First 4567816 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Once again, can't discount the possibility that this has happened but there's no overwhelming proof that it has. Until such proof is provided, I stand inconclusive.

One aspect is certain. That I don't buy into government cover ups. People need to expose their paranoia to the light of day.
    I'm curious about the kind of "proof" are you asking for here. From my understanding on the topic there seems to be numerous reports of sightings, abductions, implants. etc

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    For them to have the technology to visit our planet light years away, there is a good chance that they are uninterested in taking over.

Btw, I saw a UFO once.

Society

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post

Btw, I saw a UFO once.
    I did too. I don't think they were beings from another planet, though.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I was an avid Art Bell listener back in the 90s. I'm aware of all the cattle mutilation, alien abduction, crop circle, starchild skull, Roswell, Phoenix Lights, and Bob Lazar stories. Absent any hard evidence, I'm not going to lean one way or the other. It's impossible to differentiate the acts of mischievous ESTPs and space aliens.
    What do you think of the black box recording videos I posted?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Those were interesting but a few questions come to mind:
    - Verbal descriptions always sound vibrant and clear but actual photos always look like blurs of light; you can't really see anything
    - Most of us have smart phones and videocameras have been around for years; why no recent vids of these things?
    - What would the government be trying to hide and why? How is it possible to keep a lid on it for so long?
    - Is the government the only organization able to detect these things? Doesn't anyone in private industry have the monitoring capabilities to detect these things and provide better evidence?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post

Btw, I saw a UFO once.
    And now a word from David Cross:

1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Those were interesting but a few questions come to mind:
    - Verbal descriptions always sound vibrant and clear but actual photos always look like blurs of light; you can't really see anything
    Some videos show things in more detail.

But I try to remain very skeptical of videos, unless I can find essentially no reason to doubt them.

With CGI technology so widespread these days, it's hard not to look at video evidence with a skeptical eye.

- Most of us have smart phones and videocameras have been around for years; why no recent vids of these things?
    There have been a lot, actually, and the frequency have been increasing.

You'd be surprised how this world really works.

So much news flies right by us, and we just don't even hear about it.

Even stuff that is important or relevant, two years down the road we'll nearly have forgotten it.

One must really do some serious research, sort the wheat from the chafe, and put all the pieces together.

Most people are busy living their lives, and aren't paying enough attention to even notice the pieces of info that do come out.

- What would the government be trying to hide and why? How is it possible to keep a lid on it for so long?
    Well, there are various possibilities when it comes to this .

Most of the recent thinking is that governments aren't necessarily trying to hide it anymore, but are trying to slowly let it seep into the public consciousness, so as to not cause widespread panic.

The reasoning behind keeping it secret depends on many factors, particularly what the realities really are on the ground.
    - How much does the government actually know?
    - Are they in contact with these beings, or not?
    - Are there more than one species of these beings?
    - If so, how many of these species are we in contact with?
    - Are all of the species friendly? Or are some of them potentially hostile?
    - Are all governments in contact with these beings?
    - Are all government in contact with the same beings?
    - Are these beings sharing certain kinds of technologies with certain governments?
    - If so, which governments, and what kinds of technologies?

I mean, seriously, there are a ton of potential permutations.

And, depending on which of those are the reality, there could be various reasons why governments would want to keep this under wraps (or, at least, have so historically).

Furthermore, consider the possibility that the government isn't too actively trying to suppress it, but isn't fully divulging everything either.

Also, consider the possibility that the vast majority of people in the government don't know anything about it.

- Is the government the only organization able to detect these things? Doesn't anyone in private industry have the monitoring capabilities to detect these things and provide better evidence?
    I think the government actually has questionable ability to detect them.

From every piece of evidence I have seen, they tend not to show up on radar if they don't want to.

Some say that defense contractors like Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, etc. work with them.

Some say that they have been shot down before with electromagnetic weapons.

I really don't know about all that. I just know those black box recordings are convincing.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That was my current question that I came here to post. You can see the proliferation of fairly rare but occurring weather events (like tornadoes) and lots of crazy events that happen (weird accidents, mishaps, etc.) in mass media nowadays due to the widespread use of cell phones which capture images and video... so where are all the UFOs? Despite how much footage is capture of other things, there seems to be a continuing scarcity of alien imagery and vid footage... and in fact it seems that it might even be in decline from the days only non-digital cameras were in use.

EDIT: oh, Zara claims that there has been a lot more footage and we're all just ignoring it or not looking in the right places. Yeah. Okay. Thanks.
    Did you happen to see the Mermaid footage that Discovery ran in the last few years? It was spectacular.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That was my current question that I came here to post. You can see the proliferation of fairly rare but occurring weather events (like tornadoes) and lots of crazy events that happen (weird accidents, mishaps, etc.) in mass media nowadays due to the widespread use of cell phones which capture images and video... so where are all the UFOs? Despite how much footage is capture of other things, there seems to be a continuing scarcity of alien imagery and vid footage... and in fact it seems that it might even be in decline from the days only non-digital cameras were in use.

EDIT: oh, Zara claims that there has been a lot more footage and we're all just ignoring it or not looking in the right places. Yeah. Okay. Thanks.
    Did you happen to see the Mermaid footage that Discovery ran in the last few years? It was spectacular.
    Our military is developing technology to make troops go invisible. Possibly the UFO's are equipped with that.