User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do You Believe Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life Has Visited Our Planet?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 16.67%
  • Probably

13 18.06%
  • It's 50/50

7 9.72%
  • Probably not

22 30.56%
  • No

18 25.00%
First 61415161718 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't have video access much of the time I'm on this forum, sorry. Any reputable data should be more than a video, it will have been replicated and written up. This would be "huge" news, enough to warrant the information being available in multiple formats.
    It is on video, and in books, and often times has been covered, to some extent, in the news, and then goes right on by.

One of the cases in the black box recordings shows Walter Cronkite covering the story on CBS news.

But life goes by, new stories come and go, until the next piece of evidence pops up.

You really have to do a thorough review of the evidence.

That's something I plan to read up on, as part of fairness; but you know what I expect? I expect it's going to come down to you guys saying one thing and others saying something else, and both sides insisting you're right.
    So, this happens all the time.

The point is to figure out who's actually right.

There are always deniers, even of things that are obviously true.

And then I'm left with the knowledge that in a capitalist society, that kind of stuff doesn't stay secret if it's true...
    Bullshit.

Do you happen to believe in a 9/11 conspiracy, or other conspiracies in general?
    No, I don't, actually.

And I have vehemently attacked such arguments when idiots here and elsewhere have made them.

Furthermore, years ago, I actually found that doctor's story to be rather compelling, so I dug into it.

And, upon doing so, I found it to be less than credible (can't remember what, but something smelled wrong about it).

The stuff I have posted, tho, for the most part (I have not vetted all of it completely, as I have noted), I do find credible (at the very least, it's absolutely worth watching, mulling over, and considering). It's the very best of the information I have found after sifting through a whole bunch, with a very critical eye.

You really have no place commenting in here until you've watched it.

At a minimum, you should listen to the black box recording videos.

Permabanned

I read commentary from both sides on that.

I don't have video access much of the time I'm on this forum, sorry. Any reputable data should be more than a video, it will have been replicated and written up. This would be "huge" news, enough to warrant the information being available in multiple formats.
    It's definitely more than just a video the artifacts are sent for scientific research, and there is a strict agreement/process that has to take place before the doctor chooses to operate on the patient.

Do you happen to believe in a 9/11 conspiracy, or other conspiracies in general? I don't mean that as a snarky question but a serious one, because I see certain types of mindsets favoring these kinds of interpretations of ambiguous data or finding an appeal in learning the "secret truth" underlying what can seem status quo.
    I believe the media deliberately misinforms the public and that things are much more diverse and complicated than what appears to be shown on the news.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I've been watching this for the last few days.

I haven't developed my final judgment on it, but it is worth watching regardless.
    Rogan is the man. A rare combination of freethinking stoner and grounded, martial arts badass/expert (and comedian, ta boot). Plus he has a $15,000 sensory deprivation chamber he floats in like 1-2 hours a day.

I used to listen to more of his podcasts, but I may check this one out.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I've been watching this for the last few days.

I haven't developed my final judgment on it, but it is worth watching regardless.

Holy crap.

I finished it.

I'm not saying this guy's necessarily legit, but, if he is... well, Joe Rogan puts it best at the end of the podcast.

The reason I'm mentioning you all here, tho, is that I was blown away when, and you won't believe this, the reason we're all here, @Carl Jung gets brought up right at the most important part of this podcast. Absolutely amazing. My mind was fucking blown. You all really should watch this. If there's any two things you should watch, it should be those black box recordings, and this.

@Chawie @jixmixfix @johnnyyukon @Rasofy @The Ü™ @theDarkSide @wildcat @YWIR @Zarathustra
    @Animal @Freesia @Fuzzy Conduit @highlander @Mane @Nara @SpankyMcFly @Tellenbach @Time
    @BlackCat @IndyAnnaJoan @LadyLazarus @Lexicon @Mr Nobody @wolfy
    @93JC @Alea_iacta_est @cascadeco @chana @chubber @CuriousFeeling @five sounds @Fluffywolf @Giggly @Ginkgo @gromit @Jonny @Morning Star @Noll @prplchknz @senza tema @Seymour @Such Irony @Tiltyred @underwaterthing
    @Geonat @hacbad macbar @Hard @meowington @Mole @Nicodemus @Nights and Days @OrangeAppled @Peguy @Qlip @SmileyMan @Stephano @TheStarchDefenders @tkae.

Ginkgo

I've already seen it.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I've already seen it.
    Yeah, I saw that you'd mentioned him earlier.

What are your thoughts on his story?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I've already seen it.
    480 UFOs are seen every day.
    Multiplied with 365: 175200.

Seems we got invaded recently.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Ginkgo

"Birds are not that important" - Giorgio Tsoukalos

In memory of the late Zarathustra, I watched the first two of the Black Box videos and fell alseep during the third. I fail to see evidence of aliens there. At best, it is evidence of unidentified flying objects. It could also be evidence of unknown visual patterns, hallucinations or, quite simply, lies. As for the explanations, I would be looking at human and natural sources, I would suspect (secret) military tests, private flight experiments, as yet unknown species of birds and so forth before I claim to have seen an alien spaceship. None of this disproves the existence and sightings of alien spaceships, of course, but the burdon of proof lies with those making extraordinary claims, not with the skeptics.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    It's definitely more than just a video the artifacts are sent for scientific research, and there is a strict agreement/process that has to take place before the doctor chooses to operate on the patient.
    The latter part isn't really my focus (that's a different topic), more interested in the results of the analsysis, but even in my searching typically just get the same few article propped all over the 'net.

There's a lot of info in general about carbon nanotubes online (even wiki gives a pretty thorough analysis outside of their involvement with potential alien abductions, with quite a number of footnoted studies of their structure).

I guess one thing that ran through my mind was, considering we're already aware of this structure and have build various models/demos around it... even the existence of finding nanotubes implanted in humans (if that is accurate) only suggests that someone implanted them. That's not necessarily alien life. But I apologize if someone already noted this, because I'm still playing catch-up and skimming backwards through the thread at this point...

(As I see Zara said above, he requested I not participate until I got up to speed, which seems fair to me; and I had already tacitly pulled back because I knew I hadn't sat through the videos and all of the discussion. My initial comments were more from a top-down, "triangulate the data" conceptual angle which doesn't really deal with the veracity of the specific data itself but just its arrangement, which has obvious strengths and weaknesses as an approach.)

I believe the media deliberately misinforms the public and that things are much more diverse and complicated than what appears to be shown on the news.
    Yes, I've seen various media sources of all persuasions both purposefully and inadvertently misinform the public, and of course what passes for soundbite/surface news is at best just glossing over a lot of nuance in order to present "talking points."

That doesn't mean talking points can't accurately sum up what the data is saying, but yes, you lose granularity, and sometimes erroneous conclusions can be drawn and disseminated.

(A big recent example is all the stupidity about MA370. There we have 24-hour cable news, trying to make up stories about "what happened to the plane," meanwhile coupled with an investigation that is normally under wraps anyway + a government that was holding onto information to save face and money.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft