User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do You Believe Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life Has Visited Our Planet?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 16.67%
  • Probably

13 18.06%
  • It's 50/50

7 9.72%
  • Probably not

22 30.56%
  • No

18 25.00%
First 91011121321 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Superstition appeals to the worst in us, while evidence and reason appeals to the best.
    Have you listened to the black box recordings I posted?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

No

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I don't understand the argument people claim who think UFO's are "too far away" or "It is highly unlikely" to visit earth. These arguments only pertain to the technological advances and ideas we as humans acquired over the span of our own life time not the universes life time. There are beings out there who could easily be thousands or millions of years ahead of us technologically. For us 100 light years away is too far and thus "unlikely" for anything to come and visit us. Our time here as a human race and our technological advances are so miniscule compared to the rest of the universe you can't even hold a handle against it thus you are a fool to convince yourself certainly that aliens have not visited earth.
    Perhaps this might help you understand.

Interstellar space travel is much more difficult than indicated in movies and television series, such as Star Trek and Star Wars and the like. First, it is not possible to travel at speeds greater than the speed of light - the physics of the universe prevent it. Second, traveling near the speed of light is impractical for biological organisms. Collisions with particles even the size of a grain of sand would be catastrophic. An even worse problem is that the light from ordinary stars would be blue-shifted all the way to the gamma end of the spectrum when traveling near the speed of light. These gamma rays would destroy all biological life - even if it were in suspended animation (if that were possible). In essence, these problems would restrict the speed of travel to well below the speed of light. The most optimistic estimate for the presence of extraterrestrial civilizations would put them 2000 light years apart. With no intermediate habitable stopping points, space travel over this distance would be impractical. So, even if we are not alone in this galaxy, it would be highly unlikely that any extraterrestrial civilization could have visited us. What about all the "evidence" for extraterrestrials and UFOs? See the links below for more information.
    source : UFO's and Extraterrestrial Aliens - Why Earth Has Never Been Visited

With all due respect -I've wallowed in videos of UFOs and whatnot for a few years myself- but to me all of this seems like wishful thinking. There's nothing substantial to back it up.

I'm also convinced people atrribute too much ability to governments. After all, it all comes down to people. And people means amateurs & fuckups. No group of people anywhere, no matter how wealthy or powerful, would be able to come up with something elaborate as hiding aliens. I mean...seriously : the US government can't even host a website, how would they be covering up ETs for decades.

@Zara : yes I still need to watch your videos :p and I will.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I think if they had been here then we'd have been invaded by now. I don't see more intelligent species looking at us and thinking, "Wow, isn't that adorable? We should just leave them alone."

One way or another -- whether it's exploitation or in the name of charity -- they'd have taken the reigns away from humanity and taken charge.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    Our military is developing technology to make troops go invisible. Possibly the UFO's are equipped with that.
    It's possible, but they apparently didn't have it fifty years ago... which is odd, if they could build spaceships to travel interstellar distances. We can't build spaceships, yet we've got that tech or at least an idea of how it should be done + limited implementation.

(as far as the actual tech, you're discussing the "invisibility cloak" approach where cameras project images on the surface of the shielding so that the viewer is essentially looking at what's behind the subject?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

@Zarathustra, are you willing to make the case for alien visits to earth, gathering the most important facts and arguments from the various videos you have posted? I would read that. Unfortunately, my distaste for low-quality videos and radio talks keeps me from spending any time on them myself.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    @Zarathustra, are you willing to make the case for alien visits to earth, gathering the most important facts and arguments from the various videos you have posted? I would read that. Unfortunately, my distaste for low-quality videos and radio talks keeps me from spending any time on them myself.
    I've already sorted thru much of the evidence to present you with only the best stuff out there.

You should examine it for yourself, and then we can discuss.

I've already done 90% of the work for you.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's possible, but they apparently didn't have it fifty years ago... which is odd, if they could build spaceships to travel interstellar distances.
    Yes, because that's the only possible explanation there could be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's possible, but they apparently didn't have it fifty years ago... which is odd, if they could build spaceships to travel interstellar distances. We can't build spaceships, yet we've got that tech or at least an idea of how it should be done + limited implementation.

(as far as the actual tech, you're discussing the "invisibility cloak" approach where cameras project images on the surface of the shielding so that the viewer is essentially looking at what's behind the subject?)
    I am a great master of many things. Before I accept you as my student, you must prove your worthiness.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    I am a great master of many things. Before I accept you as my student, you must prove your worthiness.
    Yes, master. How may I serve you?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft