MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    My whole country sees it as a problem.

My whole country see the gun culture as a problem.
    Pro-gun organisations [In Australia]

Shooting clubs have existed in Australia since the mid-19th century. They are mainly concerned with protecting the viability of hunting, collecting and target shooting sports, rather than keeping firearms for self-defence as in the USA. Australian shooters regard their sport as under permanent threat from increasingly restrictive legislation. They argue that they have been made scapegoats by politicians, the media, and anti-gun activists for the acts of criminals who generally use illegal firearms. Their researchers have found scant evidence that increasing restrictions have improved public safety, despite the high costs and severe regulatory barriers imposed on shooters in Australia.[67][68]

The largest organisation of firearms owners is the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia, with 150,000 members (2013 figures).[69] The SSAA clubs across Australia local sporting organisations affiliated with Branches. SSAA state branches are responsible for lobbying on local issues, while SSAA National addresses Federal legislation and international issues. SSAA National has non-government organisation (NGO) status at the United Nations and is a founding member of The World Forum on the Future of Sport Shooting Activities (WFSA), which also has NGO status. SSAA National have a number of people working in research and lobbying roles. In 2008, they appointed journalist and media manager Tim Bannister as Federal Parliamentary lobbyist.[70]

For handguns, one major organisation in Australia is Pistol Australia, affiliated through the National Shooting Federation AISL to the ISSF, IMSSU (Handgun Metallic Silhouette) and WA1500 International organisations. In 2002 Pistol Australia won exemptions for handgun calibre restrictions above 9.65mm calibre for its Handgun Metallic Silhouette and SSAA won exemptions for handgun calibre restrictions for its Single Action Shooting competitions.[citation needed]

There are several other national bodies, such as Field and Game Australia, the National Rifle Association of Australia, the International Practical Shooting Conferation (IPSC), the Australian Clay Target Association and Target Rifle Australia. These national bodies with their state counterparts concentrate on a range of sporting and political issues ranging from Olympic type competition through to conservation activities.

The Combined Firearms Council of Victoria was created in late 2002 and has been very active in the debate in Victoria. The CFCV ran advertisements in the 2002 Victorian State Election. The CFCV made voting recommendations at the 2002 and 2006 Victorian state elections, supporting specific candidates rather than political parties. Four of the six ALP MPs elevated to the front bench after the 2002 Victorian election were supported by the CFCV. A Firearms Consultative Committee, established in 2005 in Victoria, led to several changes to firearms legislation that benefited handgun users and gun collectors.

The Shooters and Fishers Party is a political party in New South Wales that "is the voice of hunters, shooters, fishers, rural and regional Australia and independent thinking Australians everywhere. Advocating for the politically incorrect, a voice of reason, science and conservation".[71] Its founder, John Tingle, served as an elected member of the upper house of New South Wales parliament, the Legislative Council, from 1995 until he retired in late 2006. The party currently holds two seats in the NSW Legislative Council.[72] In 2013 a Western Australian branch was formed and stood candidates in the state elections, winning a seat in the WA Legislative Council.[73]

The Shooters & Fishers Party stood Senate candidates in all states in the 2010 and 2013 Federal elections.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well here's a little sampling of what I'm talking about:
    European arms, money fuel US gun addiction

So not only does the Fatherland make a huge fortune selling guns to America, its firms even counts as among the biggest lobbyists against gun control in America. And Germany apparently is making more money off small arms exports than ever before.

Yet this isn't even really new. Germany often promoted American gun culture several times before cause it served their interests.

So yeah, maybe Germany should stop contributing to the problem if they're so concerned about American gun violence? Just a thought. More productive than making smug posts on the internet.
    I'm curious, how long has these German gun lobbyists been active in America?

The reason I ask is because we have had gun rights groups for about a century now. Many of them started as groups trying to stop the government from banning guns because they use it primarily for hunting out in the open range and to allow for most people to own a gun. (The things I learn while learning about Environmentalism.)

The NRA, I believe, started as such groups before the one we see as today.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    It looks like both are much higher than that of most developed countries. Gun laws, as we currently have them, are not effective. We have too many guns and there aren't exactly checkpoints between states. We need to reduce the total number of handguns and other guns whose primary purpose is to kill people.

I think we should try buyback programs, like free healthcare for a year for every handgun turned in or free meals or music lessons or even shoes or iPads. I think it might save us money in the long run. Gun violence is often linked to poverty and the insured and taxpayers pay for indigent folks who are treated for gunshot wounds.
    They've done that in California recently. They've found some very interesting stuff like dysfunctional rocket launchers and all that, lol. People that turned in the weapons were given money, no questions asked or background checks taken. That is how great we are at gun regulation, and we kick so many people into prisons for it.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I'm curious, how long has these German gun lobbyists been active in America?
    Some of the earliest German interest and promotion of the gun culture in America dates to the early to mid-19th century.

Default Trust Badger

Meanwhile back beside the river -

The anxious and laborious Rat at once resumed his preparations, and started running between his four little heaps, muttering, "Here's-a-gun-for-the-Rat, here's-a-gun-for-the-Mole, here's-a-gun-for-the-Toad, here's-a-gun-for-the-Badger!" and so on, with every fresh accoutrement he produced, to which there seemed really no end;

WHEN it began to grow dark, the Rat, with an air of excitement and mystery, summoned them back into the parlour, stood each of them up alongside of his little heap, and proceeded to dress them up for the coming expedition. He was very earnest and thorough-going about it, and the affair took quite a long time. First, there was a belt to go round each animal, and then a sword to be stuck into each belt, and then a cutlass on the other side to balance it. Then a pair of pistols, a policeman's truncheon, several sets of handcuffs, some bandages and sticking-plaster, and a flask and a sandwich-case. The Badger laughed good-humouredly and said, "All right, Ratty! It amuses you and it doesn't hurt me. I'm going to do all I've got to do with this here stick."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Meanwhile back beside the river -

The anxious and laborious Rat at once resumed his preparations, and started running between his four little heaps, muttering, "Here's-a-belt-for-the-Rat, here's-a-belt-for-the-Mole, here's-a-belt-for-the-Toad, here's-a-belt-for-the-Badger!" and so on, with every fresh accoutrement he produced, to which there seemed really no end;

WHEN it began to grow dark, the Rat, with an air of excitement and mystery, summoned them back into the parlour, stood each of them up alongside of his little heap, and proceeded to dress them up for the coming expedition. He was very earnest and thorough-going about it, and the affair took quite a long time. First, there was a belt to go round each animal, and then a sword to be stuck into each belt, and then a cutlass on the other side to balance it. Then a pair of pistols, a policeman's truncheon, several sets of handcuffs, some bandages and sticking-plaster, and a flask and a sandwich-case. The Badger laughed good-humouredly and said, "All right, Ratty! It amuses you and it doesn't hurt me. I'm going to do all I've got to do with this here stick."
    ^Ni tertiary.^
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Some of the earliest German interest and promotion of the gun culture in America dates to the early to mid-19th century.
    That sounds about right. Groups have been hunting while expanding towards the west. It wasn't until the 1900 until the wildlife conservation groups and environmentalist started telling people to have safe practices and to only hunt when there was enough hunt to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    My point was that it was pretty important to the founding fathers
    If the 'founding fathers' had failed in their violent attack on lawful authority, they would have been hung, and only remembered as criminals.

But successful crime is no crime at all.

Well here's a little sampling of what I'm talking about:
    European arms, money fuel US gun addiction

So not only does the Fatherland make a huge fortune selling guns to America, its firms even counts as among the biggest lobbyists against gun control in America. And Germany apparently is making more money off small arms exports than ever before.

Yet this isn't even really new. Germany often promoted American gun culture several times before cause it served their interests.

So yeah, maybe Germany should stop contributing to the problem if they're so concerned about American gun violence? Just a thought. More productive than making smug posts on the internet.
    Where does this Germany live and how can I stop him?

By your inane logic, Germans criticizing American gun culture is as much of a sick joke as Americans criticizing school shootings. I didn't know you supported those...

Sniffles

Well there's always the old-fashioned way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Pro-gun organisations [In Australia]
    The simple fact is that in 1996 we banned guns in Australia. And since then we have had not one gun massacre.

And this is one of the most popular decisions made by our democratic leaders.

This was followed by a referendum in 1999 asking whether we wanted to follow the USA into a Presidential system of government, and all of Australia, except one small territory, voted no.

So the people of Australia reject guns and reject an American Presidency.