First 123

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Weeellll, I didn't know all the details, but I figured as much. Yeah, it's totally possible it'll never be found. There was another huge commercial airliner (probably more than one) that I can't remember that was just never found. It's crazy, but not too crazy when you think of how much ocean mass is on this planet. Even with all the radar and such.
    Yeah, ocean mass + the fact it's three miles down .... if that's where it is. Just imagine driving 60mph for three minutes on a straight highway, then flipping that distance to stand vertical. At about 330 feet (about 6% of one mile), only 0.5% of light is getting through; it's black down there. And the same issues with whatever scanning tech they are using -- they are dragging lines two miles under the surface to ping the remaining mile (or something to that effect). It's so nuts.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Not sure we can call that "apparent." I'm willing to entertain some conspiracy theories, as god knows what some Special OPs people do/have done/are capable of.

I took a look, seems interesting, and there were some convincing, though perhaps circumstantial evidence. But I don't buy these things. Even if it was true, we'd never know (most likely).

It took like 2 years to locate and pull up Air France Flight 447, so we'll see if that happens to this flight.
    Research the Carlyle Group, Freescale Semiconductor & US Patent application US 8,671,381-B1 filed Match 11, 2014. The technology being patented is classified, it allegedly was jointly development by the US/China & said to be worth untold billions of dollars.
    The US somehow intercepted communications indicating that the four engineers were 80% majority shareholders of the now patented technology & had intended to screw the US (Freescale) over by selling the technology to the Chinese government.
    It's extremely coincidental that MH370 disappeared without a trace 4 days prior to the patent being filed & that 100% ownership of the patented technology will revert to Freescale Semiconductor.

I don't doubt that a passenger hid a cellphone between his butt cheeks & managed to place a call from Diego Garcia.

Here's a link to an interesting Youtube video, but keep a salt shaker nearby.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzgQwDeP7eM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_VVSowdNB0

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Missing Flight 370: Why Malaysia Airlines does not want Flight MH370 to be found - San Diego Top News | Examiner.com

Missing Flight 370 and Malaysia Airlines are fading from the news headlines, and Malaysia Airlines is most likely happy about that... “The total cost of the search for Flight MH370 to all of the nations involved since the aircraft went missing on March 8 is likely to run into the hundreds of billions of dollars.” For now, the cost in the search for the missing plane is being carried by those nations involved. If the missing aircraft was found, all of that could change.

...“Under International Civil Aviation Organisation rules, next-of-kin in a plane crash are entitled to an automatic minimum of about US$175,000 per passenger, regardless of fault, payable by an airline's insurance company,” writes the South China Morning Post on May 14. In addition to the $175,000, family members can also file a civil lawsuit for even greater damages. “Damages are typically based on the lost lifetime earnings of a victim and thus could total in the hundreds of millions for all passengers combined. A US law firm is already planning a ‘multimillion-dollar’ lawsuit against Malaysia Airlines and aircraft maker Boeing, on behalf of an Indonesian passenger's family.”

Jeremy Joseph, a Malaysian lawyer who specializes in cases like this is saying that “on the surface, [Malaysia Airlines] is responsible," and that the “burden of proof" rested with the carrier to clear its name. However, as long as the missing flight is not found and there is no clear evidence that Malaysia Airlines was responsible, the company can try to settle with the relatives of the family members out of court. Those settlements are most likely much less than what family members would receive if the aircraft was found and the airline or the government could be held responsible. Malaysia Airlines is already struggling financially and finding MH 370 might mean the end of the airline.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft