First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Imprisonment for up to two years?? WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    The global left has more or less abandoned principled support for free speech (and individual rights in general) as an acceptable casualty in the pursuit of 'social justice'.....it happened in Europe and Canada first, but its increasingly happening here, as well.
    :
    Pity.

The way I see it is, Islamic Fundamentalists: I'll behead you for suggesting we're violent!!!

Or issuing a death fatwa against a cartoonist.

It's perhaps one reason people generally don't speak up, although I'm sure there's many factors.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Who cares.

Middle east gonna middle east.
    people with empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    This is your quite near future as any reading of demographics will tell you.
    I am aware of that, and unfortunately noone here(except the extreme right) wants to do anything about it; I dont stand for the extreme right at all, but I think many people are turning to it for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Pity.

The way I see it is, Islamic Fundamentalists: I'll behead you for suggesting we're violent!!!

Or issuing a death fatwa against a cartoonist.

It's perhaps one reason people generally don't speak up, although I'm sure there's many factors.

Yeah, people are just scared.

And justifiably so.

But this is exactly what the Islamists want, to sow fear and terror, and I dont get why our politicians who are not extreme right wont do anything about it, to protect human rights for instance and recognize the threat Islam actually is to our freedom.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post

But this is exactly what the Islamists want, to sow fear and terror, and I dont get why our politicians who are not extreme right wont do anything about it, to protect human rights for instance and recognize the threat Islam actually is to our freedom.
    What about Geert Wilders in the Netherlands? Did he have any impact? I know he thought that islam and european culture were incompatible.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    What about Geert Wilders in the Netherlands? Did he have any impact? I know he thought that islam and european culture were incompatible.
    Interesting according to wikipedia:

Wilders has campaigned to stop what he views as the "Islamisation of the Netherlands". He compares the Quran with Mein Kampf and has campaigned to have the book banned in the Netherlands. He advocates ending immigration from Muslim countries, and supports banning the construction of new mosques. Wilders was a speaker at the Facing Jihad Conference held in Jerusalem in 2008, which discussed the dangers of jihad, and has called for a hard line against what he called the "street terror" exerted by minorities in Dutch cities.[11] His controversial 2008 film about his views on Islam, Fitna, received international attention. He has been described in the media as populist and labeled far-right, though this is disputed by other observers. Wilders, who has refused to align himself with European far-right leaders such as Jean-Marie Le Pen and Jörg Haider, views himself as a right-wing liberal and has expressed concern of being "linked with the wrong rightist fascist groups."
    Sounds like he could be extreme right, but not necessarily. He seems reasonable, and if I were Dutch, I would look into voting for him(though not for sure, if he was actually extreme right, I wouldnt, though Im not sure he is).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Hmm... last night I learned that Islam is a highly misunderstood religion, all because of wrong language translations from the Koran (Arabic is the original language it was written in). Extremists who claim to be Islamists/jihadis are really just terrorists who do not realize that their own Koran says this:

1) The biggest Jihad is the Jihad of you fighting your own bad self.
    2) If you kill an innocent person, I (Allah) would consider that you have killed the entire humanity, and I will never forgive you.

[The definition of jihad is given in the Koran as "the war between good and evil". And the word islam literally means "peace".]

I'm still surprised that Islamists (especially those in the Saudi Arabian government, coming back to this case) do not understand their own religion properly. I wish to study this further, so that I can go out and enlighten the world a little more.
    Only she who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible... and then some.

MY BLOGS: https://freestylelines.blogspot.com/, https://tfthdiary.blogspot.com/
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/angel_ss1
    TUMBLR: http://angelight1.tumblr.com/

edit

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Islam is a religion of peace, elevation of women and women's rights, striving for humanitarian causes- and full of rich science, history and prophecy. The Islamophobia network in the U.S. and Britain in particular- is a multi-million dollar smear campaign- really to elevate the zionist imperialist agenda. If you use half a brain and read a few resources outside of the western tainted media- and actually make some friends with actual Muslims- you will find it not only intrigueing--- but people that will do anything for you in your time of need especially.

Don't judge a faith and an entire base of muslims worldwide by a bunch of nimwit political leaders and a small percentage of extremists- that exist in all religions and cultures.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Islam is a religion of peace, elevation of women and women's rights, striving for humanitarian causes- and full of rich science, history and prophecy. The Islamophobia network in the U.S. and Britain in particular- is a multi-million dollar smear campaign- really to elevate the zionist imperialist agenda. If you use half a brain and read a few resources outside of the western tainted media- and actually make some friends with actual Muslims- you will find it not only intrigueing--- but people that will do anything for you in your time of need especially.

Don't judge a faith and an entire base of muslims worldwide by a bunch of nimwit political leaders and a small percentage of extremists- that exist in all religions and cultures.
    Not sure where to begin...

Could it be that you deny the facts about the atrocities commited in the name of allah every day because of a few friends who have led you to believe Islam has no defects? I dont disrespect anyone's religious beliefs, but I dont care for the way religion has been used by extremist groups as well as politicians as a way of manipulating their population.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    https://www.change.org/petitions/fre...-no-600-lashes

For those who wanna try and do something about it.
    I signed it and if anyone wants to laugh at my comment for doing so:

When people lash out physically in anger at the words of another, it is a sign of a momentary lapse of reason. But when that person does physically lash out, we recognise through empathy that this person may be suffering, but we also recognise that this doesn't justify the physical suffering of others. This recognition is a stepping stone in our lives, a point at which we realise the world does not stop at the boundaries of our own wants and desires. A development of conscience. And that's what I am signing for: A development of conscience.

Yes...I am a romantic. Actually I was going to put "Because I would hate for that to be me and in my selfishness I am selflessly caring about someone else...how selfish of us all!"
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.