User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post

Consider the two groups: Muslim-majority nations and Christian-majority nations. Then consider the socio-economic milieu (quantified via HDI, for example) of each of the groups; the in-group variation is small while the between-group variation is large. There is, in other words, a strong correlation between religion and socio-economic development and, consequently, religious extremism and socio-economic development.
    Or you could control for non-religious factors, and see that, in modern countries, Islam produces higher rates of religious extremism, with the most logical explanation being that Islamic scriptures and institutions facilitate illiberal interpretations of the religion in ways that differ from other major religions. Whatever the cause, higher rates of religious extremism among Muslims relative to adherents of other religions cannot be explained by socio-economic conditions (not even differences within the Muslim world; West Africa, with the notable exception of Northern Nigeria, is more religiously moderate than countries in North Africa, Southwest and South-central Asia with much better HDI indicators, which can be explained by local differences in Islamic institutions, and perhaps by less Islamic permeation of the previously non-Islamic culture).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Islam is a religion not a race, there is a very big difference. Anyone can be a Muslim (in theory at least) whereas not anybody can be an Arab, or for that matter, English, German or French. I have read enough of the Quran and Hadiths to know that Islam is a vile religion - and I don't use that word lightly. I am happy to provide sources for you if you won't take my word on this. Also, if you take time to read my posts, you would also realise that I am actually an atheist and dislike all religion. But the subject here is Islam, I will not allow other religions to be brought in as a diversion.

I dislike the "Islamophobia Industry" just as much as you do, if not more. They draw conservatives into a distorted worldview that claims all conflict between East and West to be be religious in origin, and deny any other elements exist, even when the aliens themselves admit that they view they conflict in racial terms (as has been admitted in this thread). The conflict is fundamentally ethnic, not religious. Religious differences are a natural consequence and the most obvious cultural expression of ethnic/racial differences. You see...even if the invaders and host were of the same religion, there would still be conflict, as history gives ample examples of. This is what the "Islamophobes" deny, and it's why they are just closet left wingers like you
    Islam is not vile. It's misconstrued. It's actually beautiful, supremely fair, eloquent and peaceful.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And I read in the newspaper today that, under Sharia, a Sudanese woman has been sentenced to death for apostasy for converting from Islam to Christianity.
    Yeah- I've been following that- it's insane! And it's unislamic. It's freaks in Sudan it what it is. And they need to be stopped.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Can't find any fact-based rationale to discredit Pew Research, huh? Didn't think so.
    I don't owe you, lowtech redneck, proofs on a silver platter to engage in your hate game. lollll

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Yeah- I've been following that- it's insane! And it's unislamic. It's freaks in Sudan it what it is. And they need to be stopped.
    I don't owe you, lowtech redneck, proofs on a silver platter to engage in your hate game. lollll
    1.) Then I suppose you will kindly disavow and condemn the following citation:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am His Messenger, except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., in the case of murder); a married man who commits adultery; and one who leaves his religion and splits form the jamaa’ah (main group of Muslims).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6878; Muslim, 1676)

Gee, I wonder what kind of Islamophobic source I got that from? Oh yeah, this one: IslamOnline Network | Islamic News, Articles, Fatwas and Business - Why is the apostate to be executed in Islam?.

2.) Then perhaps you owe it to your religion to actually disprove such claims, not to mention the claims made by a disturbingly large number of Islamic scholars?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    1.) Then I suppose you will kindly disavow and condemn the following citation:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible to shed the blood of a Muslim who bears witness that there is no god except Allaah and that I am His Messenger, except in one of three cases: a soul for a soul (i.e., in the case of murder); a married man who commits adultery; and one who leaves his religion and splits form the jamaa’ah (main group of Muslims).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6878; Muslim, 1676)

Gee, I wonder what kind of Islamophobic source I got that from? Oh yeah, this one: IslamOnline Network | Islamic News, Articles, Fatwas and Business - Why is the apostate to be executed in Islam?.

2.) Then perhaps you owe it to your religion to actually disprove such claims, not to mention the claims made by a disturbingly large number of Islamic scholars?
    1. I never heard such rubbish. It's very dangerous to quote the prophet haphazardly and pull randomness off of websites. Number 1 is completely and utterly false. But I guess if you are wanting to go out of your way to prove Islam a vile faith- you will find yourself on vile websites that help you towards your goal.

Read this instead: Did Prophet Muhammad kill apostates who convert to another religion? | Faith in Allah الإيمان بالله

2. Disturbingly amount of Islamic scholars claims Muslims shoud murder people? Give me a break. For your information Einstein- Islam does not rely on clerics like other faiths. There is a path from the human being to his Creator. Period. Just because there are wack jobs out there- and there always will be when you are dealing with a leading religion with 1.6 billion followers, does not mean the faith itself teaches these things.

Seriously- you are wasting my time. If you are not having true, unbiased and realistic dialogue with me- then stop posting at me. Thanks.

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

The entire point of civil disobedience is to be a victim of the law and take your punishment. That's why Edward Snowden is a pussy.

If the Saudi people disagree with the law, they'll support him, and change will happen. Otherwise he's just outside of what the people in the society want and not in the right to challenge the law.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Islam is not vile. It's misconstrued. It's actually beautiful, supremely fair, eloquent and peaceful.
    I have hated Islam ever since I read the moronic and cruel Hadith teachings about dogs (I have two dogs). For example:

From Bukhari Vol. 4, #540

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: Allah's Apostle ordered that the dogs should be killed.

From Abu Dawud #2839

Abd Allah B. Mughaffal reported the apostle of Allah as saying: Were dogs not a species of creature I should command that they all be killed; but kill every pure black one.

The Hadith's note for #2839 says "The prophet did not order the killing of all the dogs, for some are to be retained for hunting and watching. He ordered to kill the jet black ones. They might be more mischievous among them."

From Muslim #1032

Abu Dharr reported: The Messenger of 'Allah said: When any one of you stands for prayer and there is a thing before him equal to the back of the saddle that covers him and in case there is not before him (a thing) equal to the back of the saddle, his prayer would be cut off by (passing of an) ass, woman, and black Dog. I said: O Abu Dharr, what feature is there in a black dog which distinguish it from the red dog and the yellow dog? He said: O, son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah as you are asking me, and he said: The black dog is a devil.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

For a short time at Mecca, Mohammed made a peaceful religion and garnered 150 followers. But then Mohammed moved to Medina and changed Islam to a religion of Jihad and swept violently across the world from Spain to Africa to India and Indonesia.
    So Islam knows in its bones that a peaceful Islam had very little success but violent Jihad captured the world.
    And ask any Islamic scholar today and they will tell you the violent verses from the time in Medina overide the peaceful verses from Mecca.