User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Yeah, I know what you meant. I was just saying that rain forests aren't necessarily a CO2 sink.
    Oh okay I was confused but now thats all cleared up.

The cause of the most recent warming trend may not even have anything to do with any greenhouse gas. It could just be a fluctuation in solar output.
    Yep, it seems to be the most valid explanation at this point.

P.S. Water vapor and methane are far more potent greenhouse gases than CO2.
    Ha! That sparked another thing that I was going to say, thx

Methane caused by large livestock factories (cow slaughterhouses, milk pastures, that sort of thing) is worse than our cars could ever be! All of the massive fart clouds that they make (i'm absolutely serious lol) has a strong greenhouse effect, besides the bad smell of course. All Americans becoming Vegetarians would reduce greenhouse emissions more than All Americans riding bicycles everywhere. Not that it makes much of a difference because the Sun is the one deciding how hot our planet is

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Didums View Post
    Yep, it seems to be the most valid explanation at this point.
    Well, considering the fact that virtually all of the energy on this planet came from the sun, it's certainly plausible. But that would mean it's something we can't control...

Ha! That sparked another thing that I was going to say, thx

Methane caused by large livestock factories (cow slaughterhouses, milk pastures, that sort of thing) is worse than our cars could ever be! All of the massive fart clouds that they make (i'm absolutely serious lol) has a strong greenhouse effect, besides the bad smell of course. All Americans becoming Vegetarians would reduce greenhouse emissions more than All Americans riding bicycles everywhere. Not that it makes much of a difference because the Sun is the one deciding how hot our planet is
    I'm sure this is an area global warming alarmists will eventually attack.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

*The following is copied and pasted from a website that I put in the Source at the bottom*

GRAPH ON GLOBAL WARMING AND CARBON DIOXIDE (First Graph linked at bottom)
    The graph above shows a comparison between the increase in atmospheric Carbon Dioxide (yellow line) and the changes in tropospheric temperatures since 1600 AD (blue line). The current warm period initiated at 1690 AD (blue arrow) and it has persisted until date. However, the increase in the concentration of Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere begun to increase in 1876 AD (yellow arrow). The Industrial Era begun in 1850 AD. The evidence confirms that Carbon Dioxide is not the cause of global warming. It has never been the cause of global warming in other ages. Please, see the next graph on Solar Irradiance and Global Warming.

GRAPH ON GLOBAL WARMING AND SOLAR IRRADIANCE (Second Graph linked at bottom)

This graph shows an evaluation of the increase in Solar Irradiance (green line) and global warming since 1600 AD (blue line). The current warm period begun in 1690 AD (blue arrow) and it has continued until date. Coincidentally, the increase in the Solar Irradiance begun to increase in 1690 AD (green arrow). The Industrial Era begun in 1850 AD. The evidence confirms that the Solar Irradiance is closely related with global warming.

The carbon dioxide concentration started to increase in 1876, a date by far after the beginning of global warming. Evidently, the anthropogenic global warming idea merely is political propaganda, almost a religion, it is not science.

Source
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm looking forward to your post/thread, 20 pages is a bit much but I'd read it.
    I've said that I will shorten it because it is too long.
    But the remaining parts will be used as replys.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

At didiums: A quick search of other temperature graphs does not agree with the ones on your page.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    At didiums: A quick search of other temperature graphs does not agree with the ones on your page.
    Could I see them? I know its asking for a bit much but I'm just curious Also where'd you get the extra "I" in my name?

If my source for that post isn't reliable then I switch to this:

Much better and legit site where the guy knows his stuff.

^ I know theres alot in this but the main idea is that the Science supports the idea that the Sun is Mostly (Big mostly) responsible for the changes in global temperature.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I was browsing the wikipedia entry for the Spörer Minimum when I came across this comment:

Like the subsequent Maunder Minimum, the Spörer Minimum coincided with a time when Earth's climate was colder than average. This correlation has generated hypotheses that low solar activity produces cooler than average global temperatures, though a specific mechanism by which solar activity results in climate change has not been established.
    My reaction to this is So they spend all of this time trying to figure out how CO2 causes warming, but they don't bother figuring out how the fucking sun warms us up?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I was browsing the wikipedia entry for the Sporer Minimum when I came across this comment:

My reaction to this is So they spend all of this time trying to figure out how CO2 causes warming, but they don't bother figuring out how the fucking sun warms us up?
    People know how greenhouse gases cause warming. (They absorb infrared radiation much better than light, so planets with these gases are get less effective at radiating energy away without a change in the ability to absorb energy). The effects of this are the iffy part.

For the solar cycle, here's one idea, some others can be found by googling.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    People know how greenhouse gases cause warming. (They absorb infrared radiation much better than light, so planets with these gases are get less effective at radiating energy away without a change in the ability to absorb energy). The effects of this are the iffy part.

For the solar cycle, here's one idea, some others can be found by googling.
    Oh, so all they needed to do was use google.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Oh, so all they needed to do was use google.
    The ideas need to be tested out more fully first. (The other two I've noticed come up several times are small changes in total radiation having an effect, and the cosmic ray/cloud effect mentioned in a didums link.)

(The climate of earth is quite complex, and the impression I get from reading my own assorted writings on it is that it is complex enough that nailing down something hard enough to talk about proofs or surety of different effects the way that people in these threads, or in political arguments, are expecting.)

(My own opinion, if anyone's curious, is that global warming from human released is plausible enough and seems a likely enough possibility to make some changes to how things work. A lot of these changes, such lowering oil use, have enough other reasons to support them to make some changes anyway.)