User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 58

  1. #31
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    This has been going on for a long time. For example, the Los Angeles Times bloggers were asked not to blog about the John Edwards' affair by Tony Pierce, the LA Times editor:

    "Hey bloggers, there has been a little buzz surrounding John Edwards and his alleged affair. Because the only source has been the National Enquirer we have decided not to cover the rumors or salacious speculations. So I am asking you all not to blog about this topic until further notified. Keep rockin'" Tony Pierce (from Coulter's "Never Trust a Liberal Over Three")

    It's a mistake to think of any liberal media source as anything but an extension of the Obama (or any Democrat) administration.

    When the Juanita Broaddrick (alleged Clinton rape victim) story broke, Time magazine sat on the story. The story was broke by Drudge.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    This has been going on for a long time. For example, the Los Angeles Times bloggers were asked not to blog about the John Edwards' affair by Tony Pierce, the LA Times editor:

    "Hey bloggers, there has been a little buzz surrounding John Edwards and his alleged affair. Because the only source has been the National Enquirer we have decided not to cover the rumors or salacious speculations. So I am asking you all not to blog about this topic until further notified. Keep rockin'" Tony Pierce (from Coulter's "Never Trust a Liberal Over Three")

    It's a mistake to think of any liberal media source as anything but an extension of the Obama (or any Democrat) administration.

    When the Juanita Broaddrick (alleged Clinton rape victim) story broke, Time magazine sat on the story. The story was broke by Drudge.
    I'm sorry, I can't take anything "reported" by Man Coulter seriously. She's like a conservative, mannish Al Franken

  3. #33
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit
    I'm sorry, I can't take anything "reported" by Man Coulter seriously.
    Christopher Hitchens also wrote about the alleged rape incident and the alleged Kathleen Willey groping episode in "No One Left to Lie".

    According to Ms. Willey, someone from Clinton's camp hired some goon to steal her cat and slash all 4 of her tires. In addition, Ms. Broaddrick, Ms. Willey, and Paula Jones were all audited. Clinton's camp had hired private detectives to dig up dirt and blackmail the dozens of women that Clinton had harrassed according to Hitchens. According to Monica Lewinsky, when she asked Clinton why he didn't settle the case with Paula Jones at the start, Clinton responded "Because there are hundreds." Time Magazine sat on both the Ms Willey and Ms. Broaddrick story.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,083

    Default

    Yup, Clinton was (is) a scumbag. We all know this. It's not news. What's your point?

  5. #35
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit
    Yup, Clinton was (is) a scumbag. We all know this. It's not news. What's your point?
    But it is news because few people know about the Broaddrick and Willey incidents since the media largely ignored those stories. That's the point.

    I left out that Gennifer Flowers was also audited by the IRS.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,083

    Default

    Yes, politicians are corrupt, vindictive scum. All of them. It may be news, but it's not surprising news.

  7. #37
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    I don't trust the Clintons any farther than I can spit. They might have some socially liberal policies, but I was around for NAFTA and 'welfare reform' in the nineties. They aren't what I'd consider fiscally liberal. Neither is Obama.

    And the stuff that the Clintons did on the sly in terms of violating the fourth amendment are things that Bush and Obama have near carte blanche to do now and there's rarely a peep said about it by the media of any stripe. I don't see that changing anytime very soon, no matter which party is in the White House.

    I think it's, like, eight companies that own all the major media outlets now. There are big, gaping holes in what gets reported. I'm also under the impression that there is very little investigative reporting happening at all in any major outlet because networks, etc don't want to pay them. They just all run mostly the same stuff with varying spins. The important thing is that there are attractive ladies in front of the cameras and that there is emotional content.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,083

    Default

    If Hillary runs I will shoot myself

  9. #39
    Problem? Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    If Hillary runs I will shoot myself
    Nothing fatal, I hope. I recommend the ass cheek. Be careful not to shoot yourself in the asshole.

  10. #40
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think it's, like, eight companies that own all the major media outlets now. There are big, gaping holes in what gets reported. I'm also under the impression that there is very little investigative reporting happening at all in any major outlet because networks, etc don't want to pay them. They just all run mostly the same stuff with varying spins. The important thing is that there are attractive ladies in front of the cameras and that there is emotional content.

Similar Threads

  1. President Trump Holds Meeting Honoring Black History Month At The White House
    By Xann in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-17-2017, 10:14 PM
  2. Obama Pays Female White House Staffers Only 87 cents on the Dollar
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 06:31 PM
  3. How many kinds of people do you think there are in the world?
    By PeaceBaby in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
  4. How old do you think the world is and are we the first evolved civilisation?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 09:04 AM
  5. Look what the Hippies are doing...
    By ajblaise in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 12:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO