User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    Do you actually listen to them, or just read or hear about them via Drudge or Rush or whoever else mentions them?

They actually spent quite a lot of time covering the Benghazi shite when other networks downplayed it. Just saying.
    Sometimes. But I think about bias differently than you. I think about it as in what stories they cover, and what they treat as important. I'm sure they've touched on Thomas Piketty's book at length for instance.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

That's why I listen to Rush and Glenn Beck. Fuck, they're idiots, though. Rush, not so much an idiot, just an asshole, but Glenn's levels of idiocy are stunning.
    Yes, Beck is an idiot.

Rush is an asshole. (and a bit of an idiot [due, primarily, to being too much of an asshole]).

I've seen both typed as enneagram 6s...

Rush as ENTJ, Beck as ENFJ and ESTP.

I would love to have the opportunity to destroy both of them.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Sometimes. But I think about bias differently than you. I think about it as in what stories they cover, and what they treat as important. I'm sure they've touched on Thomas Piketty's book at length for instance.
    Oh sure, they pick and choose their stories like any other news source. CNN is notorious for ignoring and downplaying major events, as is Fox.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Oh sure, they pick and choose their stories like any other news source. CNN is notorious for ignoring and downplaying major events, as is Fox.
    And I think that's a bigger problem than the tone of the coverage, because its more insidious. John Doe on the street doesn't know enough to know that they are ignoring certain stories, that are legitimate news events, just because they don't fit the approved narrative.

Anyone can tell the way someone leans by the tone of coverage. But many news outlets love to treat stories and a very highbrow way to give the impression that they are the last word on what's going on in the world, all the while subtly pushing the narrative by omitting stories that don't fit it. The lack of Gosnell coverage comes immediately to mind. The lack of Leland Yee coverage also comes to mind.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yes, Beck is an idiot.

Rush is an asshole. (and a bit of an idiot [due, primarily, to being too much of an asshole]).

I've seen both typed as enneagram 6s...

Rush as ENTJ, Beck as ENFJ and ESTP.

I would love to have the opportunity to destroy both of them.
    I would destroy Glenn Beck in any debate. The problem with them is they are terrible debaters, but they have a way of convincing people otherwise. They tend to avoid having guests with opposing views, and if they do, they get someone who is essentially a weenie--Hannity does this too, even with his cohost Colmes. Second, they pick and choose which liberal callers to let through, and if they don't agree or the caller is actually making a strong argument, they simply talk over them and start yelling. Beck especially does this a lot. Rush usually avoids guests altogether. I'm convinced he is in love with the sound of his own voice.

I can see ESTP for Beck...very unhealthy ESTP.

And Bill O'Reilly...if he gets owned in a debate, Fox simply edits the footage to lend him the appearance of having the stronger argument. Fox is notorious for subtly editing footage and audio to change stories' tones.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Anyway, the thread is meant to address the fact that this presidency like none before, enjoys the benefit of a fawning press corps that basically acts like the White House press office.

What are your opinions on this?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Anyway, the thread is meant to address the fact that this presidency like none before, enjoys the benefit of a fawning press corps that basically acts like the White House press office.

My opinion is that every administration in recent times has done this. If it's worse with Obama than any prior president, it will only get worse with the next president, regardless of their party.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Sometimes. But I think about bias differently than you. I think about it as in what stories they cover, and what they treat as important.
    I do as well.

And they actually do a reasonable job in what they cover, and how much they cover it.

And they certainly allow the Republican side to be heard as it wants to be heard.

But I do bristle sometimes at the very subtle, but pervasive, leftist leaning.

Their coverage of the Paul Ryan pick, for example, was disgusting.

So too was their recap of one of that year's debates, iirc.

I'm sure they've touched on Thomas Piketty's book at length for instance.
    I've been a bit out of the news cycle lately, but I do still listen, and I haven't heard a single mention of it.

Even if they did, tho, considering how much attention it's been receiving, I'd be interested to hear it.

They do truly do a good job of letting the stories present themselves, which is why I listen.

It provides the best material*, imo, to rub my mind against, and form my own thoughts.

*radio-wise (and still top 3-5, regardless of medium)

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Completely agree.

It's pathetic, and part of the reason I've stepped outside the news cycle a bit.

It just seems to me there's nothing going on.

And it's cuz there's absolutely no hard-hitting, critical journalism, questioning anything.

It seems like most of the mainstream press is just willing to believe whatever Obama tells them to.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

My opinion is that every administration in recent times has done this. If it's worse with Obama than any prior president, it will only get worse with the next president, regardless of their party.
    Did you read the article, and how it mentions that Obama's 08 campaign mirrored the rise of the liberal bloggership? And how its not just bloggers but big publications as well?

Obama has had a uniquely generous press corps to deal with despite how cold he has been to the press generally. No president has ever received such unabashedly positive coverage from the press.