User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You Americans tend to be so fucking sensitive when it comes to race discussions that it's usually wiser to just watch.

By the way, there's usually a white feminist lurking and waiting for an opportunity to extrapolate the intent of the post and call other people racists. Do not want.
    Sounds racist to me.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I don't care.
    Honest question. What do you care about, that does not personally effect you (direct or indirect)? I get the sense that there is nothing, so correct me if I am wrong.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Honest question. What do you care about, that does not personally effect you (direct or indirect)? I get the sense that there is nothing, so correct me if I am wrong.
    I care about college football.

Go Gators

I don't care.
    OK, so all you were looking to do was whine and seek support from yes men and complain about how the forum is incapable of tolerating dissent whenever someone disagrees with you.

In other news, water is still wet.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This vomit makes me want to vomit. It's some myopic point of view of a problem that doesn't address anything. Privilege shouldn't be an issue, there should be no guilt for being successful, but society, any society, is made better by being one of those people who gives less privileged privilege. Pass it on. It makes more people with no incentive to steal your shit, because they have something worth staying out of jail for, and more people to not have to pay for room & board for. Teach 'em to fish, etc, yadda yadda yadda...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    OK, so all you were looking to do was whine and seek support from yes men and complain about how the forum is incapable of tolerating dissent whenever someone disagrees with you.

In other news, water is still wet.
    You calling me a whiner is fucking rich.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

One has to warrant empathy.
    No, one doesn't. We're all on this planet together. And however much other people may frustrate you, they have a pulse, they suffer, they are in pain and they are frustrated - much like yourself. That means you too deserve empathy from the people who call you those things and who are failing due to having to deal with their own pain. And the only way to stop it is by actually getting passed all that 'me,me, me!!!' talk and past the frustration so that we stop wasting our energy on that and focus on actually removing some of that pain.

I get it though. It cannot be easy to non-stop be told you're the reason that *they* are suffering. Coz i doubt many of them can separate their frustrations enough not to lash out at someone like you. And it does get infuriating and annoying and eventually you do push back. It is only natural. But it doesn't solve anything. In fact, it just leads to more energy down the drain. That's where empathy comes in - where you realise that it aint about you, it's about them dealing with the lot that was dealt to them.

And Disco - their lot was objectively speaking a lot harder to deal with than yours. This aint your fault, but surely you can find it within to flex just a little until the tipping scales have been evened so they can regain some strength for the next battle. No one is saying you need to validate their need to blame - but just showing some measure of acknowledgement that their life compared to yours might not be fair will go a long way.

That's all this is about.

Similarly, you *should* be able to vent about this crap coz even a musquito bite a day gets bloody annoying to the point where you need to be able to bitch about it, and that in and of itself should definitely be acknowledged as well. They're not the only ones in pain, or frustrated with reality. And as good as you may have it compared to them, it doesn't mean that your struggles or accomplishments are worth any less time - and I know some people have told you differently. They are wrong.

In the end though, you're bitching about the same thing - dealing with life. Use that common ground to come together and deal with the actual thing that is causing it instead of futily wasting your energy on inflicting more pain on each other that will just ricochet right back to you. There's enough of that to go around.

Now, does this mean you have to focus all your energy to solving other peoples problems, or listening to them even? No - that aint your gift in this world. And there is no reason to actually become that person. You have enough potential in other areas that you can help them indirectly by just being yourself. But a simple acknowledgement when these things happen will help soothe their frustration *AND* yours and create a bridge of understanding when it happens. That's all. Consider it a tool in your toolkit that you occasionally dust off, if you will.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkSide View Post
    Sounds racist to me.
    case in point

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    case in point
    That's racist and you're a misogynist too.

You calling me a whiner is fucking rich.
    When have you seen me whine about my circumstances? I would love to hear more about this. Do please enlighten me.