User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

^ now, whether that crime - i.e., low-level drug violations - ought to land them in prison: well, that's another question...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Also, you didn't answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I think he's ballsy to have written it. I like how much fire he put into it. And obviously I agree that it's not really fair to draw a direct line between ethnic background and success. It's more complicated than that. It's kind of funny though that it demonstrates the "blindness" of privilege - he doesn't see what other people are talking about.
    Yeah, he's ballsy to have written it. In my experience, a vast majority of Princeton undergrads are very passive about expressing strong social or political views. There are some fringe elements from the socially super liberal or super conservative ends of the spectrum that shoot their mouths off on a regular basis but most choose just to stay silent.

My own (informed) guess though is that detractors notwithstanding, he has a base of silent assent with the coke snorting future investment banker type ... a not inconsiderable part of the student population.

Also, for those who want studies where socioeconomic factors and other issues that muddy the race card are controlled for: you might want to check THIS out. Seems like full professors at universities respond to emails from white males significantly more frequently than from women and minorities.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Here's a non-rhetorical for you. In America, what is a black man's chance of going to prison at some point during his live compared to that of a white man?
    Whats a white mans chance of being called a racist vs a black mans? Whats a white mans chance of being called a misogynist? Called privileged? Called everything??????????

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Whats a white mans chance of being called a racist vs a black mans? Whats a white mans chance of being called a misogynist? Called privileged? Called everything??????????
    You think being called bad things is equivalent of having a significantly higher chance of going to prison?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Also, you didn't answer my question.
    I believe white men have a 1 in 24 chance of going to prison in their lifetimes. I suspect, due to socio-economic, etc factors, black men might commit more crimes. I don't think white men commit crimes less than black men to the a degree that would account for the disparity because the disparity is extreme and there is no shortage of white men in poor socio-economic circumstances.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    You think being called bad things is equivalent of having a significantly higher chance of going to prison?
    I don't think its my fault that black dudes end up in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I don't think its my fault that black dudes end up in jail.
    I don't think it is either.

Also, I fully agree that having complaints shouldn't be a zero sum game. However, some grievances and problems are objectively (@Zarathustra, I used your favorite word lol) bigger than others.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I don't think it is either.

Also, I fully agree that having complaints shouldn't be a zero sum game. However, some grievances and problems are objectively (@Zarathustra, I used your favorite word lol) bigger than others.
    Ending up on top means climbing the mountain, not complaining about how slippery the slope.

That is I guess unless the only thing you're interested in is holding the oppression Olympics.