6w5 sx/so

wait... what was the op about again?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think it was the idea that some folks start off closer to the finish line than others really upsets some of those who start closer to the finish line than others. Because bootstraps!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think it was the idea that some folks start off closer to the finish line than others really upsets some of those who start closer to the finish line than others. Because bootstraps!
    Or was it how retarded this idea is, considering, first and foremost, there is no universal finish line we're all racing to, other than death, and, second, I can show you all kinds of "privileged" kids who have seen completely different outcomes, primarily due to differences in talent and work ethic.

Or are we gunna start shaming people for their "privilege" of being more talented and hardworking too?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Or was it how retarded this idea is, considering, first and foremost, there is no universal finish line we're all racing to, other than death, and, second, I can show you all kinds of "privileged" kids who have seen completely different outcomes, primarily due to differences in talent and work ethic.

Or are we gunna start shaming people for their "privilege" of being more talented and hardworking too?
    Well, you obviously didn't need to ask, then, did you?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Well, you obviously didn't need to ask, then, did you?
    Zarathustra only speaks in rhetorical sentences...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Zarathustra only speaks in rhetorical sentences...
    Here's a non-rhetorical for you. In America, what is a black man's chance of going to prison at some point during his live compared to that of a white man?
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Here's a non-rhetorical for you. In America, what is a black man's chance of going to prison at some point during his live compared to that of a white man?
    Significantly higher.

And here's one for you: in America, how much more likely is a black man to commit a crime that could put someone in prison than a white man?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Significantly higher.
    How much higher? You don't know, do you?

And here's one for you: in America, how much more likely is a black man to commit a crime that could put someone in prison than a white man?
    Look up the numbers and then you tell me if you think it's a fair relationship between those two things.
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

How much higher? You don't know, do you?

Look up the numbers and then you tell me if you think it's a fair relationship between those two things.
    I know the percentage of black males that will go to prison during their lives, and it's depressingly high.

I don't know the exact number for white males, but I'm a pretty good guesser, and "significantly" would seem to be a proper word.

This still does not mean, tho, that the 1 in 3 black males who go to prison did not commit the crime that got them there.