User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    It's a pretend right meant to perpetuate the illusion that we are a free country and we could successfully revolt again if we wanted to.
    I honestly don't know what it is anymore.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    The first gun control laws (Virginia, 1640) were enacted by pro-slavery folks to keep guns out of the hands of blacks so they wouldn't be able to defend themselves against slavery. After the Civil War, gun control laws were enacted by Democrats who wanted to prevent blacks from being able to defend themselves against the Ku Klux Klan. In the Dred Scott v Sandford decision, Chief Justice Robert Taney wrote that blacks can't be citizens because "it would give them the full liberty to keep and carry arms wherever they went." From Ann Coulter's "Never Trust a Liberal Over 3"

Guns are the ultimate equalizer and threat to tyranny. This is why Hitler, Mao, and Stalin all wanted to ban guns.
    I agree, but the question is whether they actually would be effective in this day and age against tyranny.
    Quote Originally Posted by OWK View Post
    Apparently the Afghan insurgents didn't get the memo.
    Did it work for them?

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I agree, but the question is whether they actually would be effective in this day and age against tyranny.

Why do you assume that ordinary citizens couldnt own complex weaponry? The US constitution doesnt specify you cant own complex weaponry; it says "the right to bear arms". Arms - that could be anything.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Why do you assume that ordinary citizens couldnt own complex weaponry? The US constitution doesnt specify you cant own complex weaponry; it says "the right to bear arms". Arms - that could be anything.
    I figure the ATF would come down on someone with serious weaponry like they did on Ruby Ridge or the Branch Davidians.

Also, the whole Civil War thing.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OWK View Post
    Exactly.

If people just comply, and get into the ovens without resisting, no one need be shot.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I'm pretty sure we are not allowed to own tanks and drones, or sophisticated spy equipment. Or bombs.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    So Holocaust II is such a realistic factor in your life right now that it makes the risk of gun usage worth it?
    Gun usage conveys no risk in my life. I understand them. I understand their use, and I store them securely.

I own power tools that are far more dangerous.

And insofar as "holocaust 2" is concerned... The combined number of innocent men women and children slaughtered by their own government in just the last 100 years, is in the 100's of millions.

Each of them allowed themselves to be disarmed by their government, because they were convinced by the idea that "it cannot happen here".

I'm sure each of them had a terminal look of shock in their eyes as they were bulldozed into their mass graves.

I'll take the "risks" of gun ownership, thanks just the same.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

me: Apparently the Afghan insurgents didn't get the memo.

you
    Did it work for them?

Hmmm... it's been what a decade?.. since the US started employing their high-tech weapons in Afghanistan...

The insurgents with their crappy home-made hand-filed AK-47's are still there... and the United States is packing up to go.

You tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm pretty sure we are not allowed to own tanks and drones, or sophisticated spy equipment. Or bombs.
    When I lived in Knoxville, TN, I went with my parents to the mall and wetalked to a weird shoe repair guy who was obsessed with Nazi war relics. He claimed he owned a Tiger(Nazi tank). He also said he asked permission to shoot his tank in the mountains but the state denied him the authorization . He mightve been lying about the tank, but the point is, according to him at least, owning the tank was legal. I dont know. I think those things might actually be legal, if you dont use them, like as war relics. But who can afford to buy them( or cares)?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    Were government to attack the US Constitution, politicians will have sentenced themselves to being prisoners of their tyranny, because it won't ever be safe for them to step outside.
    Alas, it is not so.

The Constitution has been under continuous assault since it was ratified.

It is being interpreted out of existence, quite intentionally.