User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 245

  1. #161
    Problem? Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Japan today has the Emperor System.

    At the end of WW II Australia wanted to put the Emperor on trial for war crimes, but the Americans disregarded their ally and refused to put the Emperor on trial. The result is that the Emperor System persists in Japan.
    So Japanese trust their government because of Americans?

  2. #162
    Problem? Grand Admiral Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Jesus and guns - this strikes me as a step too far.
    Guns didn't exist in Jesus time, but this is what he thought about being armed - "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one" (Luke 22:36).

  3. #163
    Blind Guardian Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I think that's the scary part. US is lead by religious fundamentalists. Link.
    Yea fundamentalists are dismantling the government because of some ancient text, I'm not looking forward to that future.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

  4. #164
    Senior Member OWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Yea fundamentalists are dismantling the government because of some ancient text, I'm not looking forward to that future.
    I'm an atheist.

    I'd just as soon dismantle government because it sucks.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Japan today has the Emperor System.

    At the end of WW II Australia wanted to put the Emperor on trial for war crimes, but the Americans disregarded their ally and refused to put the Emperor on trial. The result is that the Emperor System persists in Japan.
    Evil Akihito, the constitutional monarch?

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I was just thinking: if we have guns to protect ourselves from the government, it would actually be pretty ineffective given all the technology and advanced weaponry the military has. If the government decided to get all repressive and militant on us we'd be screwed carrying a handful of guns.

    Discuss.

    As for me, I don't think I'm gonna bother.
    But the government doesn't want us to think like that. We shouldn't even consider the event of a government/everyone else war.

  7. #167
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I think that's the scary part. US is lead by religious fundamentalists. Link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Yea fundamentalists are dismantling the government because of some ancient text, I'm not looking forward to that future.
    Bahhhh! There's enough of us with a copy of the Satanic Bible on the other side.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  8. #168
    Male johnnyyukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,839

    Default

    The book Hitler's Table Talk, 1941-1944: Secret Conversations records Hitler as having said the following:

    "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non [essential condition] for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or native police."
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

    Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

  9. #169
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I was just thinking: if we have guns to protect ourselves from the government, it would actually be pretty ineffective given all the technology and advanced weaponry the military has. If the government decided to get all repressive and militant on us we'd be screwed carrying a handful of guns.

    Discuss.

    As for me, I don't think I'm gonna bother.
    All that technology requires someone willing to use it on the other end.

    Good luck finding an American soldier that would be willing to drop bombs (use war tech. etc.) here.

  10. #170
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I was just thinking: if we have guns to protect ourselves from the government
    They ensure our ability to defend ourselves regardless of our age, gender or stature.

    Everyone has a right to defend themselves.

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. Gun Laws and the Fools of Chelm
    By SD45T-2 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM
  3. Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda, and How Government Always Wins The War on Terror
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO