User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 245

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    45

    Default

    don't see the need for guns in modern society. if that makes me a pussy, so be it, just a "pussy" who questions the utility of firearms for the average Joe, bar gun/shooting ranges and not shit like "familial protection"..

  2. #142
    Senior Member OWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annexfriesia View Post
    don't see the need for guns in modern society. if that makes me a pussy, so be it, just a "pussy" who questions the utility of firearms for the average Joe, bar gun/shooting ranges and not shit like "familial protection"..
    Der Fatherland is most thankful for your cooperation.

    Now if you'll just get into the cattle car, the train will be leaving soon.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    45

    Default

    eh? Just my view, take it or leave it. Firearms were a necessity 100 or 200 years ago, not now. Though Hitler won an election to assume power, no coup de tat or violence was needed....

  4. #144
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Guns are the ultimate equalizer and threat to tyranny. This is why Hitler, Mao, and Stalin all wanted to ban guns.
    This is propaganda.

    Grasping at straws is akin to grasping at guns. Futile.

  5. #145
    Senior Member OWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annexfriesia View Post
    Firearms were a necessity 100 or 200 years ago, not now.
    We could ask the 100's of millions of people butchered by their own governments in the 20th century alone, how they feel about that now that they've had a chance to reflect on it... but we'd have to ask REAL LOUD.

    Because they're dead.

  6. #146
    Senior Member OWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    This is propaganda.

    Grasping at straws is akin to grasping at guns. Futile.
    Propaganda?

    Do you dispute the fact that 100's of millions of people were butchered and bulldozed into mass graves by their own governments, in just the 20th century?

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OWK View Post
    We could ask the 100's of millions of people butchered by their own governments in the 20th century alone, how they feel about that now that they've had a chance to reflect on it... but we'd have to ask REAL LOUD.

    Because they're dead.
    Not my issue, and I don't see how gun ownership could have prevented that. Stalin emerged in a regime that was popularly supported (the people rose to form the USSR). Same with Chairman Mao, same with all the others.

    Your argument is simplistic and is just rhetoric cited by the US education system to legitimise mass gun ownership.

  8. #148
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OWK View Post
    Propaganda?
    Yes.

    Do you dispute the fact that 100's of millions of people were butchered and bulldozed into mass graves by their own governments, in just the 20th century?
    No.

  9. #149
    Senior Member OWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annexfriesia View Post
    Not my issue,
    Of course it's "not your issue".

    and I don't see how gun ownership could have prevented that.

    You don't see how firearms can be used to defend one's self?

    Stalin emerged in a regime that was popularly supported (the people rose to form the USSR). Same with Chairman Mao, same with all the others.
    I'm not sure what your point is?

    Are you suggesting that if the majority wishes you dead.. you should comply?

    Your argument is simplistic and is just rhetoric cited by the US education system to legitimise mass gun ownership.
    My firearms ownership is legitimate.

    If you don't want me to own them... come and take them.

  10. #150
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OWK View Post
    Der Fatherland [...].
    'Das Vaterland'.

Similar Threads

  1. The Banned and The Damned
    By Haight in forum Official Decrees
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 07:12 PM
  2. Gun Laws and the Fools of Chelm
    By SD45T-2 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 09:45 PM
  3. Bin Laden, Al-Qaeda, and How Government Always Wins The War on Terror
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2012, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO